H E B Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.3

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (New Braunfels, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed. Got a call in under two weeks after applying. Waited in the break room for about 10 minutes then was brought into the office. Very relaxed and at the end filled out a background check paper. Takes about 2-3 business days to review. I have been offered employment but have not received instructions on the next steps yet. Only been two business days and today is Saturday. Expecting a call Monday.

Lots of reviews on here mentioned group interviews and I was panicking. A friend even said his was a group. However mine was not.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Ingleside, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email about two days later asking to call and schedule an interview.

I got to the store (A smaller HEB store), I had a one-on-one interview. It was very easy, no difficult questions about strengths and weaknesses, and since I had no prior work experience (16 years old) she skipped over those. She showed me some pictures and asked me to describe what was happening, and what I would do if I was working there and I saw that thing happening.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with this HEB store?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work alone, or in a group?   1 Answer
    • The basic stuff about Criminal records, DWI's, Are you a convicted felon. Other basic stuff like that.   Answer Question
    • Showed pictures of different scenarios like... A dirty bathroom, a person at the door welcoming people in, a picture of a very crowded HEB store, an older man taking a lot of groceries out of the store, a man mopping with a big smile on his face. Some others but I can;t remember... These are the main ones. Oh and one with 2 employees slacking off in the way of a woman, and one with a wood pallet laying on the floor with some empty boxes on it, and some tissues in the shelves next to it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Corpus Christi, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied about 7 different times to quite a few different stores around Corpus Christi within a time span of about 3 months. I got five emails telling me that I did not get an interview and 2 calls from two different stores to schedule interviews, all happening within about 5 days after I applied online. The first stores interview was in the deli with one of the managers to discuss my application and work schedule and then almost immediately after that interview there was a follow-up interview with the head of the store. After that interview they asked me for my social security card and drivers license for a background check. At the second store, the interview process was quite different. There was a group interview with about 10+ other interviewees where there were about 5 interviewers asking everyone questions one by one. The questions were pretty standard; asking about teamwork, pretty much questions that would be asked in a one-on-one interview. No they did not make us do any ridiculous skits that some group interviews might have you do. After that interview, they did a short one-on-one interview with everyone to discuss your application and work schedule. The interviewers at both stores were very nice and made me feel very comfortable about working at HEB. I ended up getting calls from both stores and accepted the one that called first.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a book with pictures and asked me to describe what I see.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was incredibly quick in easy they had good patient managers interviewing. The partners who are introduced to you are kind and professional. The location was quick and easy to find. Hiring process was quick.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

you only speak with 2 managers, you are required to do online training at home, then you are given more online training at the store, you are then given training for the job and how the work place functions

Interview Questions

• can you remember when you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (College Station, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview where they had you talk about yourself and then you grouped up and made your own Combo Loco and you had to talk about how you would market and sell it.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me about 3 weeks after I applied. I went to the interview took about 10 minutes then after I had another interview with the GM. Got hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Del Rio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was pretty tough.It took about 3 hours long and there were 18 of us.We had to tell them something about ourselves,then sell an item which was on the table.9/18 were removed.The remaining 9 had to actually bag for 1 customer and greet them.It was a bit nerve wrack.The manager was watching if you did it right.All of the 9 of us did well.Now I'm getting a 2nd interview tomorrow with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Different questions applied to different applicants,but the most common question was,"Why do you want to work here"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It is a dual interview process, so you get the initial interview that tests you on your ability to understand and react to certain situations. If you get to the second interview you are pretty much guaranteed the job. The second interview is mainly about how you see the company and what you believe the company is about.

Interview Questions

• What do you see you doing with this company in the next 3 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, didn't hear no word or email so I called one day and they wrote my name down. That same day they called me back for an interview. I did the interview the guy was nice and made me feel comfortable and it was just about getting to know me and my background. He offered me a second interview. So I went to the second interview and it was about getting to know me and about customer service. He made me an offer and I signed the background check and now I'm waiting for a call for training and orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing about customer service and what is difficult about it?   1 Answer