H E B Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me about 3 weeks after I applied. I went to the interview took about 10 minutes then after I had another interview with the GM. Got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Del Rio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was pretty tough.It took about 3 hours long and there were 18 of us.We had to tell them something about ourselves,then sell an item which was on the table.9/18 were removed.The remaining 9 had to actually bag for 1 customer and greet them.It was a bit nerve wrack.The manager was watching if you did it right.All of the 9 of us did well.Now I'm getting a 2nd interview tomorrow with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Different questions applied to different applicants,but the most common question was,"Why do you want to work here"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It is a dual interview process, so you get the initial interview that tests you on your ability to understand and react to certain situations. If you get to the second interview you are pretty much guaranteed the job. The second interview is mainly about how you see the company and what you believe the company is about.

Interview Questions

• What do you see you doing with this company in the next 3 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Process took about two months total. I was called in for a group interview. The group interview had about 10 people total we where given name tags and we had to introduce ourselves. After that we had to draw a picture of what we would be doing at heb with a scenario card and a situation. I was called an hour later for a second interview which was one on one and i was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had a bag of ground meat with a bottle of bleach in it and they told you they didnt want your bagging their groceries?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, didn't hear no word or email so I called one day and they wrote my name down. That same day they called me back for an interview. I did the interview the guy was nice and made me feel comfortable and it was just about getting to know me and my background. He offered me a second interview. So I went to the second interview and it was about getting to know me and about customer service. He made me an offer and I signed the background check and now I'm waiting for a call for training and orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing about customer service and what is difficult about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview and once you were accepted there was a group interview where you had to draw pictures and sell an item to them then you were called back for an Individual interview that same day or the next day, in the individual interview, you basically got the job.

Interview Questions

• Draw a Picture of how H-E-B would be if you worked for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very formal, organized. Sit down with CCOM first then the General Manager. Fast and easy process, but they are very particular with your answers. They are very straightforward and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was with the department lead. Basic interview questions, (why should we hire you, tell us about a time...). Second interview is with the store GM. He basically judges you to see if you're the type of person he wants in his store. Usually if you make it past the first interview you'll be hired.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Called me a few weeks later when I applied online, got the first interview set up and was all about getting to know me and identifying what was going on in photos in a picturebook, passed the first phase and then a few days later got a call to meet and be interview with the store director. I asked a lot about the activities of the store and is it on a daily basis. It was all about getting to know me and how I respond to challenges and would be proactive in the store events. Then on the spot the director asked me to allow a background check and then when it came back they would schedule me for new hire paperwork. Was so excited! Came back three days later and signed all the paperwork during orientation and then was trained and then scheduled to work within a few days.

Interview Questions

• I don't think they were any too difficult questions. But they asked these which could give challenge. What was the most fulfilling thing you have done and when do you go out of your way to help someone and to explain.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview with an in-person interview the next morning. They ask questions you'd expect- why you want to work for HEB, what you think makes HEB stand out from other stores, what you like about customer service, what traits you think someone in this position should have, etc. They also showed a couple photos of situations and asked what you would do if you were in them.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part about customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay rate is set.