KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

H E B Customer Service Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 1,229.0 interviews

Employee Referral3%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

H E B

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B in Jun 2021

Interview

It was a video interview where a question would appear on the screen, there was a set time to prepare, and then two tries at answering each question. There was no interviewer, only the questions and you talking.

Interview Questions
  • Which position(s) are you interested in and why?
    1 Answer

H E B

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B in Mar 2021

Interview

Easy, a virtual pre-recorded interview with only 5-6 questions with 2 tries. There are one or 2 multiple choice questions and possibly 1 written, pretty simple and easy such as availability.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

H E B

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B in Jan 2021

Interview

I had a lot of technical difficulties with an online interview. At one point I was actually logged out in the middle of answering a question and couldn't redo it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

H E B

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B in Oct 2020

Interview

I applied online, immediately received an email for the online interview. It was just a recording of yourself answering 7 questions. Two days later I received a job offer and a consent for background check.

Interview Questions
  • 1.Explain your role as a Heb associate. 2. Availability 3.A time were you had to multitask 4.A time were you had to work as a group. 5.What is customer service 6. You made a bagging mistake how will you fix it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

First interview is with a group. Scenarios and role-play with the whole group and managers. You are asked to sell an item and show your customer service skills. Second interview is with a manager with more personal questions about experience and background.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you received the best customer service.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX)

Interview

You apply online and they call you in if you are selected. I received an opportunity for an interview about 2 weeks after applying. They’re pretty friendly. The first interview is where they ask you basic questions and then the second (if you get one) is with a store Admin and they ask you more personal and detailed questions about yourself and tell you more about the job and it’s duties.

Interview Questions
  • What’s the difference between customer service and hospitality?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (College Station, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

The manager starts out by saying they basically want to see if you have the personality they are looking for. The interview lasted about an hour. First everyone takes turns answering the same 5 questions. Then you get in groups and have to find a way to sell your random HEB items as a meal deal. The questions are very simple and easy, the only thing you should worry about is selling a meal deal, so practice.

Interview Questions
  • What position do you want and which did you apply for?
  • What position do you not want?
  • What do you like to do in your spare time?
  • What job experience do you have? If you don’t have any describe experience from home/school.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX)

Interview

I was called in for an interview shortly after I applied. The CCOM that interviewed me was very nice and patient, which made me more comfortable rather than nervous because that was my first interview ever for my first job. The questions were easy. Pretty much just asked about your qualities and skills and they want to see how you interact with people because that’s like 80% of the job, interacting with people. They do take their customer-employee experiences seriously.

Interview Questions
  • What qualities do you have that make you the right person for this job?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (New Braunfels, TX) in Sep 2017

Interview

Very relaxed. Got a call in under two weeks after applying. Waited in the break room for about 10 minutes then was brought into the office. Very relaxed and at the end filled out a background check paper. Takes about 2-3 business days to review. I have been offered employment but have not received instructions on the next steps yet. Only been two business days and today is Saturday. Expecting a call Monday. Lots of reviews on here mentioned group interviews and I was panicking. A friend even said his was a group. However mine was not.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Ingleside, TX) in Apr 2017

Interview

I applied online. Got an email about two days later asking to call and schedule an interview. I got to the store (A smaller HEB store), I had a one-on-one interview. It was very easy, no difficult questions about strengths and weaknesses, and since I had no prior work experience (16 years old) she skipped over those. She showed me some pictures and asked me to describe what was happening, and what I would do if I was working there and I saw that thing happening.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with this HEB store?
  • Do you prefer to work alone, or in a group?
  • The basic stuff about Criminal records, DWI's, Are you a convicted felon. Other basic stuff like that.
  • Showed pictures of different scenarios like... A dirty bathroom, a person at the door welcoming people in, a picture of a very crowded HEB store, an older man taking a lot of groceries out of the store, a man mopping with a big smile on his face. Some others but I can;t remember... These are the main ones. Oh and one with 2 employees slacking off in the way of a woman, and one with a wood pallet laying on the floor with some empty boxes on it, and some tissues in the shelves next to it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews