H E B HEB Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B HEB Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Two step interview. First a group interview and then a one on one with the store director. I was at first very scary. After you finish they will give you a call back to see if you have made it to the 2nd round. Then you meet with the store director and if she likes you then you have a job!

Interview Questions

• They asked you to sell this HEB product. It was easy since you were in a group but also odd since HEB is not in retail and a cashier doesn't need to sell anything on a regular basics.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

it was a group interview. the people were quite friendly. they would ask you to draw what you see yourself doing, then will ask you to advertise the item in front of you. they would also give you a list of questions to answer on a sheet of paper. when i went, it was about 13 people with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had to do a follow up because they didn't initially call me for an interview. Got invited to a group interview. They give you name tags and make you draw a picture of what you see yourself doing at the company. Make you introduce yourself. Put in groups of 4 or 5. And the group have to work together to come up with a name. Then you have to do a group activity and sell a product. Then they tell you that you'll get a call by a certain time and if you don't, you're not wanted for a 2nd interview. They want really bubbly people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

There is a three part interview process. The first part is a group interview, which was very easy, consisted of questions on a card that you had to answer, that was successful. I was given a second interview, the questions were basic. Didn't get the third interview though. The entire interview process wasn't that bad, be yourself and you might get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Describe a time you worked as a team to accomplish a goal.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Katy, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple for me just talked to the department manager. They have a group session and then a one on one. I missed the group but they still brought me I'm and did the interview. After you get the job you have to come in and set up your stuff online and they pay you for this and give you a tour. You have to go back and do some tests online when you get in the system and they pay you for that also. It may take a week or two before you actually get going but it's nice that they pay you every single time you go in to do something.

Interview Questions

• What are some strengths of yours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Well first they interviewed me through the phone. Asked me basic questions about my past employers. Also asked me about experiences with past employers. And how my availability looked like
    And wanted me to be open to work sundays all day

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond to help a customer?   Answer Question

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Interview was very fun, loved how they played a game with us and gave us different sanorios within the job. Then had us draw us as cartoons to describe our idea of us working at heb. The managers were very outgoing and fun with the panel waiting to hear back hopefully I get the job.

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

It's a pretty creative interview process compared to others I have experienced. You actually interview along with about 10 other people. They ask a mix of fun questions to everyone and then you get in a group of 2 and have to make a presentation about one of their products. Great experience and managers directing it! I love working here by the way. Nice part-time job during college.

Interview Questions

• What position would you least want to have at HEB and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (The Woodlands, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. They want to see how you perform in a group environment. Be prepared for at least one group activity. Make sure you talk and contribute. If you do the bare minimum and hardly talk, you will not make it.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Katy, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

i applied online within two weeks i got a call for an interview at HEB, the process to start working as a cashier took about a month to be certified and trained for cashier but you get paid during the training which was awesome, plus everyone that works their are very friendly and you get a 10% discount for being partners with HEB.

Interview Questions

• If somebody asked you where was the restroom what would you say/do?   1 Answer