H E B Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.3

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

This was a group interview with a full room of interviewees and one interviewer. Everyone in the group was asked the same questions and some interview items were even completed in groups.

Food Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Felipe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Felipe, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with a hiring manager and after a couple minutes a lady sat at our table and just listened. Standard interview questions and told me they would call me within 24 hours or I would have to continue my job hunting.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Short and to the point. A valuable experience. We reviewed my skills and experience, salary requests and willingness to work with an established team. The interview began with the interviewer's experiences as a long-time employee with the company.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was in a group setting with interactions with several department managers. If you made a good impression, you were told at the end of the session where you met with one of the managers and received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• There was a group of HEB brand products on display. One of the managers would select a product and walk up to you and ask you to convince him/her to buy this product instead of the name brand product.   1 Answer

School of Retail Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I was asked very standard questions as well as giving some information about my experience. The second interview was a group interview 14-16 people. The arranged us into groups and has a do a variety of activities. There was a panel of managers, 9 or 10 of them, and every single one was male. EVERY SINGLE ONE. My "store walk" consisted of being lectured by an elderly gentleman (who asked me lots of personal question- totally unethical and illegal) about why this job wouldn't be a good fit for me, as a mother. No surprise that I wasn't chosen to continue through to the next round...

Interview Questions

• This job might have you working from 7am to 10pm. Do you think you can handle that?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

first they asked tell me about yourself, then they wanted us to draw what we thought the job was all about , then finally one place we want to work and one place we didn't want to work at. I think there were around 12 people there in the room.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Spring, TX).

Interview

There was a group team building interview. Practices like this are normally done for management positions, but they did it for every position including cashier, food service, and cart pushing positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance where you showed great customer service skills in which you went above and beyond for a customer. Also, how do you feel you positively impacted the last company you worked for?   Answer Question

Perishables Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H E B (Conroe, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

One-on-One interview with department manager. He explained the position title, responsibilities, shifts, salary, etc as if I already had the job. Then proceeded to ask a few standard interview questions. At the end I was told I would receive a call after my background check was complete to come in for my computer based training.
    Entire interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt frustrated as a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario where you encountered an upset customer. How did you deal with that customer?   Answer Question
    • What is an acceptable amount of time to miss work?   Answer Question
    • How many times in the past year have you missed work?   Answer Question
    • What's a good reason for missing work?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

I applied online before being invited to come in for an interview. The interview was a mix of pretty standard questions. The only issue was that it was held in a large room where multiple interviews were occurring. It seemed like the other interviews were possibly for different positions though I am not sure. When you are already nervous about an interview, having other people sitting at a table next to you can hard. Other than that it was fine. This was basically a pre-screening type of interview so I didn't even meet with anybody from the pharmacy department this time around. I came in later (after getting certified to apply for a tech position, will post about that later).

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

When you apple I waited about 2 weeks before I was offered an interview over the phone but my second interview was really fast. I had my phone interview on a Friday and got called back for a second interview on Monday