H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.9

School of Retail Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I was asked very standard questions as well as giving some information about my experience. The second interview was a group interview 14-16 people. The arranged us into groups and has a do a variety of activities. There was a panel of managers, 9 or 10 of them, and every single one was male. EVERY SINGLE ONE. My "store walk" consisted of being lectured by an elderly gentleman (who asked me lots of personal question- totally unethical and illegal) about why this job wouldn't be a good fit for me, as a mother. No surprise that I wasn't chosen to continue through to the next round...

Interview Questions

• This job might have you working from 7am to 10pm. Do you think you can handle that?   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

The interview was rather informal, this was probably due to the interview somehow being scheduled for a busy Saturday. I was asked some basic questions about teamwork and experience. A few minutes later the interviewer came out and told me that they were looking for someone with experience specifically in working the rotisserie ovens, a skill set of which I was unaware was necessary for this specific position due to the online job description being a generic deli listing. I didn't get the job but appreciated the straightforward honesty about the experience requirements.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

first they asked tell me about yourself, then they wanted us to draw what we thought the job was all about , then finally one place we want to work and one place we didn't want to work at. I think there were around 12 people there in the room.

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

The interview process was not very rigorous. Mainly behavioral questions (when was a time you worked in a group, talk about a time you experienced a challenging setback, etc.). They let me know within the week about their decision.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to HEB over other companies?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

I applied online before being invited to come in for an interview. The interview was a mix of pretty standard questions. The only issue was that it was held in a large room where multiple interviews were occurring. It seemed like the other interviews were possibly for different positions though I am not sure. When you are already nervous about an interview, having other people sitting at a table next to you can hard. Other than that it was fine. This was basically a pre-screening type of interview so I didn't even meet with anybody from the pharmacy department this time around. I came in later (after getting certified to apply for a tech position, will post about that later).

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, they asked if I could work different times and days of the week, if I had Loss prevention experience. It could take 1 to 2 weeks to get back with me.

Interview Questions

• if I could work different shift and location   1 Answer

School of Retail Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Video interview was quick, but interviewer was blah. They cut me off mid question, and it kind of threw me off a bit. I requested feedback after getting the rejection email, but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What is your salary requirement?   1 Answer

Beauty Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview one-on-one with head of Beauty Procurement for the final interview. I first applied online literally six months before. I waited from August 2016 to November 2016 to first hear from a recruiter trying to set up a phone interview. She was very nice and welcoming. It wasnt until the end of January when she contacted me again to set up a second round interview. That second round interview with the head of beauty procurement was in late February and was set up quite hastily because of problems with their HR staff (i.e. the woman that interview me on the phone wasn't there anymore and I think they forgot about me). The one-on-one interview was a disaster partly because both of the HR women that were supposed to show me around the campus were not there and I sat in the waiting room for about 30 min and the director of the division was clearly not a part of the HR process. Got my travel reimbursed though.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

you have one and one interview. They are about two interview to do. Easy to answers. just be confidence. Dress code would be casual dress. I repeat just be confidence!

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online one week later they send me a email saying to schedule an appointment, I scheduled my appointment at 9:30 on a Friday the interview was in my opinion was messed up they make you get up in front of a group an a HEB representative acts like if she is working and you have to pick two items from a table and try to sell those products to the person, I mean last time I checked HEB is a billion dollar company I'm sure they don't have to put their workers through all this for a job