H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

141 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and she made it more conversational. During the entire process, she asked about 10 questions before asking me if I had any questions for her.

Interview Questions

• What is one negative evaluation that you received and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Grocery Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B in November 2017.

Interview

1st was a group interview, Then one on one. I did not make it to the third interview. The group interview was actually fun. The second interview she kept checking her watch..

Curbside Takeaway Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with Curbside manager, then in-person interview with the head of the store. Was offered the position but when I asked to negotiate the salary they were unwilling. So unwilling that they took back their offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview, they asked us to stand up and say things about ourselves/our experience. This went very well, and they called me in for a second one-on-one interview. This one was somewhat relaxed, they asked me questions about me, my availability, some scenario questions etc. This also went well and the next day, I received a phone call asking me to come in for a 3rd and final interview with the general manager the following morning at 9am. I said that since I was in high school I would be in school at that time so the woman said she would speak to the general manager and get back to me on another possible time. I'm sitting here 3 days later with no phone call, so I assume that's it.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer came through the express checkout with over 25 items?   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H E B (Temple, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got email for job fair type interview. Went in for a tour with a group of others and then had a one on one interview. It's only been a week so, hopefully I'll get a call back.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H E B in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the careers section of the website and got a call for an interview. It was a pretty short interview, but it took a long time to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• What kind of characteristics are important in a technician?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle gossip and cliques in the workplace?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and the first phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes duration. I got the call five minutes late. Questions asked were about current job experience and also the current base salary and benefits

Interview Questions

• describe stressful situation and how you reacted and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Huntsville, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website, and got a call a week later for a group interview. We were handed a green card with 5 questions on it and told to answer them one person at a time. Then they had us pick an item from a pile. Broke us in to groups of 4 and were told to make a meal deal out of the 4 random items. Some groups weren't so lucky and got a horrible combo, but whatever. After we made some ragtag meal deal and tried to sell it to the "interviewers," they would ask about replacement items or substitutions, then about company policies on returns. Over all, it was a ploy to root out the undesirables who couldnt sell a bag of instant potatoes, which is a bummer because i applied to maintenance and stocker positions...

Checker/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Kingwood, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

This was my first ever interview. In the beginning you are called to a group interview which was easy. You introduce yourselves and talk about what you applied for, what you job you would like to have there (regardless of experience and tell them why. Ex: I applied for Cashier, but would love to work in Floral because I have always loved flowers and know a bit about them). Next you are put in groups where you advertise a some products to convince an imaginary customer to buy products (trust me, its easy). I made sure to talk as much as I could (just dont get sidetracked) during the process and got a call back within the hour. The people interviewing were pretty friendly and seemed to like everyone.

However, once I went in for a one on one, the same person interviewing acted like she couldn't care less that I was even there and was just off putting. I mentioned in the group interview and in my resume that I had no prior experience and hoped to learn skills at the company, but I don't think she bothered to make a note or even read my resume before I came. She questioned me as if I already had some experience and seemed very impatient with me and skipped to the next question if I didn't answer fast enough. I later saw that she didn't even really write anything down on the question sheet she had with her so it was a bit disheartening to see that she didn't really care and did not really reflect the HEB behavior most employees had. Made me not want to work there even if I did get called back ( I didnt).

Interview Questions

• You are checking customers out at the speedy checkout line. Someone stands in line and has around 30 items. The people behind them are grumbling and rolling their eyes, how do you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

I had submitted my application online and received a call to come to a group interview. I have never participated in a group interview before. There were about ten of us. We were blank paper and crayons which were broken and hard to work with. There were two managers taking notes and one manager who did all of the talking. I found the experience degrading. The two females never once smiled and it felt hostile. If you are an older person who is retired and looking for a position, forget it. After this group interview, they tell you they will notify you by the end of the day but they do not tell you when that is. I was frankly humiliated. It's all a matter of if they like you or not. I said the interview was difficult because It felt like "mean girls" watching us and judging us.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which one would you be and why?
      If you could live anywhere where would you live and why?   1 Answer