H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.5

563 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Interviewed twice with 2 different people. 1st interview was just trying to get a feel for who you are and if you would be a good fit for the company, nothing hard, just trying to see if you're friendly and have a decent personality, very short. Then had a 2nd interview with the store manager (I think) immediately after, more typical interview questions and was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you came up short? What keeps you motivated?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had a disagreement while working in a team. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with angry customers?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your role as a cashier would be?   Answer Question

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX).

Interview

The hiring team was friendly and awesome. I originally applied for one job, but they had switched me to another that wasn't available yet since it better suited my experience and skills. I spoke in a one-on-one with the hiring manager and a couple of the department managers to answer some personal experience questions, and discuss previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you went above and beyond at your previous workplace.   Answer Question

Lot Attendant Interview

Interview

It was easy group interview. Your write your name on a piece of paper place it infront of you. And then you are ask to group up 2-3 to a team and you guys will be ask to sell a product.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX).

Interview

A group interview with two others, we were asked a few personal questions as well as requested to try and push a HEB product. It was low stress thanks to the others in the interview and didn't involve much waiting around.

Interview Questions

• They gave us HEB products and told us to convince a fictional customer to buy them over the item they wanted.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

Quick, not much asked, was denied for the position twice, based on being a female, from what coworkers told me (they were males) at this specific store, had to chase to manager around to call me back and interviewed me on the spot when I came in after he said he'd call the other day and didnt

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

I had submitted my application online and received a call to come to a group interview. I have never participated in a group interview before. There were about ten of us. We were blank paper and crayons which were broken and hard to work with. There were two managers taking notes and one manager who did all of the talking. I found the experience degrading. The two females never once smiled and it felt hostile. If you are an older person who is retired and looking for a position, forget it. After this group interview, they tell you they will notify you by the end of the day but they do not tell you when that is. I was frankly humiliated. It's all a matter of if they like you or not. I said the interview was difficult because It felt like "mean girls" watching us and judging us.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which one would you be and why?
      If you could live anywhere where would you live and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

This was a group interview with a full room of interviewees and one interviewer. Everyone in the group was asked the same questions and some interview items were even completed in groups.

Food Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Felipe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Felipe, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with a hiring manager and after a couple minutes a lady sat at our table and just listened. Standard interview questions and told me they would call me within 24 hours or I would have to continue my job hunting.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Short and to the point. A valuable experience. We reviewed my skills and experience, salary requests and willingness to work with an established team. The interview began with the interviewer's experiences as a long-time employee with the company.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was in a group setting with interactions with several department managers. If you made a good impression, you were told at the end of the session where you met with one of the managers and received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• There was a group of HEB brand products on display. One of the managers would select a product and walk up to you and ask you to convince him/her to buy this product instead of the name brand product.   1 Answer