H E B Service Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.3

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Ingleside, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email about two days later asking to call and schedule an interview.

I got to the store (A smaller HEB store), I had a one-on-one interview. It was very easy, no difficult questions about strengths and weaknesses, and since I had no prior work experience (16 years old) she skipped over those. She showed me some pictures and asked me to describe what was happening, and what I would do if I was working there and I saw that thing happening.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with this HEB store?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work alone, or in a group?   1 Answer
    • The basic stuff about Criminal records, DWI's, Are you a convicted felon. Other basic stuff like that.   Answer Question
    • Showed pictures of different scenarios like... A dirty bathroom, a person at the door welcoming people in, a picture of a very crowded HEB store, an older man taking a lot of groceries out of the store, a man mopping with a big smile on his face. Some others but I can;t remember... These are the main ones. Oh and one with 2 employees slacking off in the way of a woman, and one with a wood pallet laying on the floor with some empty boxes on it, and some tissues in the shelves next to it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was incredibly quick in easy they had good patient managers interviewing. The partners who are introduced to you are kind and professional. The location was quick and easy to find. Hiring process was quick.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

you only speak with 2 managers, you are required to do online training at home, then you are given more online training at the store, you are then given training for the job and how the work place functions

Interview Questions

• can you remember when you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (College Station, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview where they had you talk about yourself and then you grouped up and made your own Combo Loco and you had to talk about how you would market and sell it.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me about 3 weeks after I applied. I went to the interview took about 10 minutes then after I had another interview with the GM. Got hired on the spot.

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I received a call letting me know I was invited into a group interview which went pretty well it was about an hour and a half in total and there were small activities that let the interviewers scout to see what talent we had to offer to the team and I received a second call shortly after informing me I was invited to a personal interview which lasted about 20 minutes and went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred leadership style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Del Rio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was pretty tough.It took about 3 hours long and there were 18 of us.We had to tell them something about ourselves,then sell an item which was on the table.9/18 were removed.The remaining 9 had to actually bag for 1 customer and greet them.It was a bit nerve wrack.The manager was watching if you did it right.All of the 9 of us did well.Now I'm getting a 2nd interview tomorrow with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Different questions applied to different applicants,but the most common question was,"Why do you want to work here"?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It is a dual interview process, so you get the initial interview that tests you on your ability to understand and react to certain situations. If you get to the second interview you are pretty much guaranteed the job. The second interview is mainly about how you see the company and what you believe the company is about.

Interview Questions

• What do you see you doing with this company in the next 3 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Process took about two months total. I was called in for a group interview. The group interview had about 10 people total we where given name tags and we had to introduce ourselves. After that we had to draw a picture of what we would be doing at heb with a scenario card and a situation. I was called an hour later for a second interview which was one on one and i was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer had a bag of ground meat with a bottle of bleach in it and they told you they didnt want your bagging their groceries?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, didn't hear no word or email so I called one day and they wrote my name down. That same day they called me back for an interview. I did the interview the guy was nice and made me feel comfortable and it was just about getting to know me and my background. He offered me a second interview. So I went to the second interview and it was about getting to know me and about customer service. He made me an offer and I signed the background check and now I'm waiting for a call for training and orientation.

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing about customer service and what is difficult about it?   1 Answer