H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Typical SAR type interview questions and interviews are always hard to go through. This is a company that has been in Texas for 100 years and it family operated, they are looking for folks that are family oriented, since this company encounters families all day long.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B in June 2016.

Interview

Disastrous. Email stated I would be met at Visitors Center but security ignored my email from recruiting and said I had to walk to the West Building. It was 200 degrees outside, I'm in heels and wearing black. By the time I reached reception, I was late, sweaty and furious, only to be greeted by the most condescending greeter who looked at me like I was naked. The recruiter said she forgot to call the VIsitors Center and tell them to have me wait for her since we had to go back down there and then across the street. By the time we got there my hair had fallen, my makeup had melted and I knew the interview was over before it even started. WHY would I have ever expected to have to walk the equivalent of 5 blocks for an interview? What if it had rained? Never again.

Interview Questions

• They were primarily concerned on one's ability to use Outlook Calendar to schedule meetings. There was little to no interest in any other Office skills.   1 Answer

Dock Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was taken in the HR office. That person started with introduction and then asked me to tell her something about my self. After my intro, I was asked about my knowledge, skills, and abilities which I proceed to explain. Thereafter, she explain the job requirements, the history of the company, benefits, 401k and health insurance. The last thing she mention was the hourly wage which is wasn't to happy with.

Interview Questions

• She asked, if was would be available 24/7 anytime as a dock unloader from trucks returning from the field deliveries.
      She also asked I would be interested in being a full-time forklift driver which would consist of a 12 hour shifts?
      1 Answer

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at H E B (Cypress, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

When you arrive to the interview you will basically compete with others. Who ever pops out more will most likely make it to round 2 (2nd interview) You will have to sell an item. It took like 2 hrs and at the end they tell you why or why not you got the job. I didn't get the job because i didn't have experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes H.E.B. different? What's H.E.B. history? Compare Walmart to H.E.B? Why is Walmart Meat bad? How does H.E.B view their team? Who are you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

I cant get past the computer system to get an interview. Rejection letters without so much as an interview. I have 25 years in the sales industry with 10 yrs of management. I cant get into this company, just rejection letters. I wish there was another store to shop at, I would boycott HEB over this BS!

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B in April 2015.

Interview

I was part of a Group Interview (about 5 people all interviewing for the same job in the same room with about 3-4 current employees to interview said people) basically we waited around forever and then were all taken to this room with tables that were shaped into a square. Everyone chose a seat and then the board of interviewers took turns asking questions. You want to always try to be either the first person who answers or second. Never be last to answer! They want someone who is eager and has a good personality.

HEB Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

It was really bad they said they will get the person with more experience And since I haven't had a job everyone else "looked better".they did not put attention when I was speaking and they had a really bad attitude.they asked too personal questions like ...."are you still with the father of your children?"..."why not?"

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way to help someone   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

Interview

I applied online for the customer service position. I did not receive a call or any contact for an interview other than an email stating that my application would not be moving forward.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H E B in January 2010.

Interview

This was the most grueling interview process I have ever undergone. Multiple interviews and screenings, personality tests disguised as games, group and 1 on 1. The work culture demands total commitment to the job--if your availability isn't midnight to midnight, if you go to school, have a family, or have a life be prepared to pay the consequences: minimal hours to the tune of as low as 4 per week.

Interview Questions

• Is there ever a reason to miss work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate nothing. Looking back taking the job was a bad decision.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call inviting me to a "Group Interview". I dressed in business casual since I was applying for a cashier position. This is the first time I'd ever heard of a "Group Interview", and to be honest I have absolutely no idea what the interview team was looking for, but apparently not me. I received an email the next day telling me that they were going another direction, in other words - I didn't make the grade.