H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.5

Curbside Takeaway Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with Curbside manager, then in-person interview with the head of the store. Was offered the position but when I asked to negotiate the salary they were unwilling. So unwilling that they took back their offer.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Pflugerville, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Two of the managers gave me an interview asked me the basics questions, they asked me about certain situations and how i may handle them. They shared with me the expectations as a cashier. Very friendly.

Interview Questions

• where did i hear about the job?   1 Answer
    • If i had any questions about the job or this interview.   1 Answer

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application on HEB's website. A few days later I received an invitation for a video interview. The process was pretty painless. The typical questions were asked, like how can your previous job experiences help you in this position and what is your biggest strength/weakness. There were 3 video interview responses and then a written response for availability.

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The manager and the bookkeeper lead asked several questions about the position. They were both very nice and polite, and tried to help me relax and enjoy the interview. I mentioned my previous job experience to let them know more about me and why I will be qulified at this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will do good at bookkeeper postion?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Friendswood, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Three total interviews. First was a group one. They are more or less looking to see if you have good social skills. Talk to everyone and be very personable. The second interview is with a manager and is one-on-one. They are making sure you are responsible and trustworthy. Third interview is with main Unit Director. He is simply looking for any red flags and wants to introduce himself to you. You basically got the job if you got the third interview.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Huntsville, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website, and got a call a week later for a group interview. We were handed a green card with 5 questions on it and told to answer them one person at a time. Then they had us pick an item from a pile. Broke us in to groups of 4 and were told to make a meal deal out of the 4 random items. Some groups weren't so lucky and got a horrible combo, but whatever. After we made some ragtag meal deal and tried to sell it to the "interviewers," they would ask about replacement items or substitutions, then about company policies on returns. Over all, it was a ploy to root out the undesirables who couldnt sell a bag of instant potatoes, which is a bummer because i applied to maintenance and stocker positions...

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called about a month later. I got interviewed by the front end manager then I got a second interview by the store manager. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?   1 Answer
    • What does great customer service mean to you in 3 words?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

The interview was through the phone. It was basic questions on what characteristics do I have. It was also like "Why do you want to work at HEB?" The lady sounded as if she was really interested in what I had to say about myself.

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Short, they show you pictures and ask you what you see and ask you questions about yourself. I would reccomend you wear business casual (button up and khakis go a long way)

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (New Braunfels, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed. Got a call in under two weeks after applying. Waited in the break room for about 10 minutes then was brought into the office. Very relaxed and at the end filled out a background check paper. Takes about 2-3 business days to review. I have been offered employment but have not received instructions on the next steps yet. Only been two business days and today is Saturday. Expecting a call Monday.

Lots of reviews on here mentioned group interviews and I was panicking. A friend even said his was a group. However mine was not.