H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. First interview was with two managers, second interview quickly followed. Was made a job offer and I accepted.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Waxahachie, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I received an interview via phone call after submitting an online application about a week later and it was a group of 8/9 of us getting interviewed by 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you are more qualified than other applicants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and a few weeks later they called to set a interview. It was a group interview with like 10 other people. Mangers introduce themselves and then you introduce yourself using the questions they gave you. After that you have to try to sell the product given to you to them. Finally after then you're given a card with a situation on it, and then you're supposed to act and show them how you would handle it.

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

First you get a group interview. In mine, it was 12 people. You sit in front of a panel of managers and they introduce themselves. After they are finished, each of people in the in the group interview stands up and introduces his or herself. You then get some coloring paper to write your name on, and then you are asked to fold it in 3 places as if you're presenting yourself. You then answer 5 interview questions, 1 scenario question, and do a group activity. The group activity is pitch-selling them a random product. Don't think too much into it. Just have fun, come out of your comfort zone, and stand out. Make you PARTICIPATE. The managers are just trying to see how you talk and behave with others. After the group interview, if selected, you are called to come in for a one on one interview, and if that goes well, you are offered a position. The first 5 interview questions below are the group interview questions. I did not add the scenario question because it is random. Questions 6-11 are the one on one interview questions.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (The Woodlands, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

They are look for those who stand out and work as a team member. Speak out but don't over speak to the point yours tryin to showboat. Try too stay away from trying to say, well I needed the job, because u want be picked

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

First a phone interview - simple questions about yourself and why HEB
    Then a secondary in person interview at the headquarters downtown

Who you interview with depends on the department you plan on interning with.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Begins with an online application (can take a couple weeks before they get back to you), then proceeds to a group interview that tests your behavior in a group setting, and ends with a one on one interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and laid back. The supervisors are amazing an qualified. They're really trying to get a feel for how you will interact with customers. It seemed like they're trying to make the regular HEB's have a Central Market feel.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnet, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Burnet, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in store interview followed by background check. The phone interview was very detailed and took about 30 minutes. The in store interview was not so stressful but was followed by a group interview which was really stressful, was asked to sell an item to senior manager. Did not know if I'd be hired for 10 days when results of background check came back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H E B (Pearland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy group interview you first introduce yourself and then the next person goes then when introductions are over the interviewers separate you into teams and either makes you do a chant, rap, or skit of your choice and as everyone is finished the interview is over.

Interview Questions

• What position did you choose? Why did you choose that position?   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your spare time?   Answer Question
    • What is your previous work experience. If you do not have any what have you done at school or at home?   Answer Question
    • What job do you not want at HEB?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you encountered great customer service?   Answer Question