H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX).

Interview

A group interview with two others, we were asked a few personal questions as well as requested to try and push a HEB product. It was low stress thanks to the others in the interview and didn't involve much waiting around.

Interview Questions

• They gave us HEB products and told us to convince a fictional customer to buy them over the item they wanted.   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

Quick, not much asked, was denied for the position twice, based on being a female, from what coworkers told me (they were males) at this specific store, had to chase to manager around to call me back and interviewed me on the spot when I came in after he said he'd call the other day and didnt

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

I had submitted my application online and received a call to come to a group interview. I have never participated in a group interview before. There were about ten of us. We were blank paper and crayons which were broken and hard to work with. There were two managers taking notes and one manager who did all of the talking. I found the experience degrading. The two females never once smiled and it felt hostile. If you are an older person who is retired and looking for a position, forget it. After this group interview, they tell you they will notify you by the end of the day but they do not tell you when that is. I was frankly humiliated. It's all a matter of if they like you or not. I said the interview was difficult because It felt like "mean girls" watching us and judging us.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal which one would you be and why?
      If you could live anywhere where would you live and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

This was a group interview with a full room of interviewees and one interviewer. Everyone in the group was asked the same questions and some interview items were even completed in groups.

Food Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Felipe, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Felipe, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with a hiring manager and after a couple minutes a lady sat at our table and just listened. Standard interview questions and told me they would call me within 24 hours or I would have to continue my job hunting.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Short and to the point. A valuable experience. We reviewed my skills and experience, salary requests and willingness to work with an established team. The interview began with the interviewer's experiences as a long-time employee with the company.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was in a group setting with interactions with several department managers. If you made a good impression, you were told at the end of the session where you met with one of the managers and received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• There was a group of HEB brand products on display. One of the managers would select a product and walk up to you and ask you to convince him/her to buy this product instead of the name brand product.   1 Answer

School of Retail Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I was asked very standard questions as well as giving some information about my experience. The second interview was a group interview 14-16 people. The arranged us into groups and has a do a variety of activities. There was a panel of managers, 9 or 10 of them, and every single one was male. EVERY SINGLE ONE. My "store walk" consisted of being lectured by an elderly gentleman (who asked me lots of personal question- totally unethical and illegal) about why this job wouldn't be a good fit for me, as a mother. No surprise that I wasn't chosen to continue through to the next round...

Interview Questions

• This job might have you working from 7am to 10pm. Do you think you can handle that?   Answer Question

Parking Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (College Station, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

You will have to de a group interview or an individual interview. I had an individual interview. They might reschedule the interview a lot so be prepared to adjust your schedule accordingly.

Interview Questions

• What does teamwork mean to you?   1 Answer

Bakery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Spring, TX).

Interview

There was a group team building interview. Practices like this are normally done for management positions, but they did it for every position including cashier, food service, and cart pushing positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an instance where you showed great customer service skills in which you went above and beyond for a customer. Also, how do you feel you positively impacted the last company you worked for?   Answer Question