H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Del Rio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Del Rio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was pretty tough.It took about 3 hours long and there were 18 of us.We had to tell them something about ourselves,then sell an item which was on the table.9/18 were removed.The remaining 9 had to actually bag for 1 customer and greet them.It was a bit nerve wrack.The manager was watching if you did it right.All of the 9 of us did well.Now I'm getting a 2nd interview tomorrow with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Different questions applied to different applicants,but the most common question was,"Why do you want to work here"?   1 Answer

Checker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online around June 14th and after hearing nothing for two weeks, I talked to my friend who was already a checker at that HEB and he said that when he applied, he kind of had to badger them so he suggested I call HEB and ask about my application because it'll show my interest in the job. Sure enough, two hours later, the HEB manager called me back, reviewed my application, asked me a few questions over the phone and then invited me to go to a one-on-one interview three days later. That interview only took about five minutes and and they scheduled me for another one-on-one interview two days later. Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you 'lost your cool' with someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question

Cashier/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H E B (North Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

i applied online, and was called and emailed no more than a week later. it was a group interview and they had drawing pictures of an animal that described us :/ kinda weird. but after asking around the group questions the managers talked and split us into 2 groups the first group didnt get the job the second group did.

Accountant II - Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview with HR. It was pretty standard: why HEB? What skills do you have that would match the position? And also clarifying your resume. Then you have an in person interview. Mine was with two partners in a meeting room on site, very relaxed. They seemed confident and knowledgeable.

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Two step interview. First a group interview and then a one on one with the store director. I was at first very scary. After you finish they will give you a call back to see if you have made it to the 2nd round. Then you meet with the store director and if she likes you then you have a job!

Interview Questions

• They asked you to sell this HEB product. It was easy since you were in a group but also odd since HEB is not in retail and a cashier doesn't need to sell anything on a regular basics.   1 Answer

Frozen Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

not too detailed . I already had 25 yrs ex. and 10yrs was in management . but was asked about skills in merchandizing , working with others. shrink issues. sanitation and rotation and customer service.

Interview Questions

• my years experience and doing what jobs .   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call shortly after. After basic questions of my job search, salary, and why leaving current company, I was invited to an onsite interview. The first interview was manager interview. The next was with the team. I was asked personal questions about my marital status, whether or not I had kids, and what I did in my free time. The interview closed without any whiteboard questions or even technical questions. Since I wasn't asked any skill type questions but instead questions on my personal life (marital status, family status, caregiving status), I felt as if the interview was unfairly discriminating.

HEB Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX).

Interview

it was a group interview. the people were quite friendly. they would ask you to draw what you see yourself doing, then will ask you to advertise the item in front of you. they would also give you a list of questions to answer on a sheet of paper. when i went, it was about 13 people with me.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at H E B in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager/ interviewer did not seem qualified. Probing questions were not professional and she seemed disinterested, so why bother interview candidates. She did not seem to be able to recognize and disseminate the information given to her.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with an HEB rep on campus at a career fair and was contacted for an interview. The first interview was with two employees and they both did a case study with me. After this I was contacted again for a second round interview where I met with four different employees each had their own unique way of interviewing but case studies were prominent again.