H E B Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.5

Perishables Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H E B (Conroe, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

One-on-One interview with department manager. He explained the position title, responsibilities, shifts, salary, etc as if I already had the job. Then proceeded to ask a few standard interview questions. At the end I was told I would receive a call after my background check was complete to come in for my computer based training.
    Entire interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt frustrated as a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a scenario where you encountered an upset customer. How did you deal with that customer?   Answer Question
    • What is an acceptable amount of time to miss work?   Answer Question
    • How many times in the past year have you missed work?   Answer Question
    • What's a good reason for missing work?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

application - lucky if you get a call
    group interview
    manager interview
    hired if like you

Blah, blah, blah,,, they like to be selective and hire the best, difficult people. blah blah, blah, blah
    it is a cashier job where you are expected to deal with the BS, take all the racist crap that they trow at you all day and smile until you clock out

Interview Questions

• Just be nice, outgoing, service oriented, say yes to all their bs and you will be ok   1 Answer

Pharmacy Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Interview

I applied online before being invited to come in for an interview. The interview was a mix of pretty standard questions. The only issue was that it was held in a large room where multiple interviews were occurring. It seemed like the other interviews were possibly for different positions though I am not sure. When you are already nervous about an interview, having other people sitting at a table next to you can hard. Other than that it was fine. This was basically a pre-screening type of interview so I didn't even meet with anybody from the pharmacy department this time around. I came in later (after getting certified to apply for a tech position, will post about that later).

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Ingleside, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an email about two days later asking to call and schedule an interview.

I got to the store (A smaller HEB store), I had a one-on-one interview. It was very easy, no difficult questions about strengths and weaknesses, and since I had no prior work experience (16 years old) she skipped over those. She showed me some pictures and asked me to describe what was happening, and what I would do if I was working there and I saw that thing happening.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with this HEB store?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work alone, or in a group?   1 Answer
    • The basic stuff about Criminal records, DWI's, Are you a convicted felon. Other basic stuff like that.   Answer Question
    • Showed pictures of different scenarios like... A dirty bathroom, a person at the door welcoming people in, a picture of a very crowded HEB store, an older man taking a lot of groceries out of the store, a man mopping with a big smile on his face. Some others but I can;t remember... These are the main ones. Oh and one with 2 employees slacking off in the way of a woman, and one with a wood pallet laying on the floor with some empty boxes on it, and some tissues in the shelves next to it.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

When you apple I waited about 2 weeks before I was offered an interview over the phone but my second interview was really fast. I had my phone interview on a Friday and got called back for a second interview on Monday

Loss Prevention Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back in about 2 days to schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later. The phone interview was an actual interview -- there were many questions. Make sure you are in a quiet setting and prepared. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview the regional Loss Prevention Managers (Two of them). It was an actual, in depth, interview and lasted for about an hour and a half. The interview was very professional and many questions stemmed from your answers to the previous question. There were the usual "what would do" question as well. Be honest and confident in your answers. Also, make sure you are answering the question being asked. Come dressed for the part and be relaxed, yet attentive. Very good interview process, and the managers were very professional!

Interview Questions

• What made you want to pick Loss Prevention and why HEB?   Answer Question

Ccs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H E B (Weslaco, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

A gentleman and a female in a conference room. All questions were open ended questions mainly about why you think you're best for the position. All the answers you say, they will ask "why". Please prepare before you show up, they are not easy questions. They are looking for specific answers/words. Show them you have prepared and you will do great.

Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. First interview was with two managers, second interview quickly followed. Was made a job offer and I accepted.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B.

Interview

First a phone interview - simple questions about yourself and why HEB
    Then a secondary in person interview at the headquarters downtown

Who you interview with depends on the department you plan on interning with.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Killeen, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and a few weeks later they called to set a interview. It was a group interview with like 10 other people. Mangers introduce themselves and then you introduce yourself using the questions they gave you. After that you have to try to sell the product given to you to them. Finally after then you're given a card with a situation on it, and then you're supposed to act and show them how you would handle it.