H E B Night Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H E B Night Stocker Interview Questions

Interviews at H E B

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H E B (San Juan, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the over Nightstocker position but was offered a different position promising me working in the early mornings so I could get off from work to be able to pick up my boys from school on time but apparently I was lied to and now I work the night shift .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H E B

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the night manager who runs the overnight... shows you pictures asks you to describe what you see. What first comes to mind. It's about a 35 min. Interview then he will wrap it up by saying he got other interviews lined up, so he's not sure if you got the job but states you might get a call for a second interview if you are chosen. Got the call for the 2nd interview .. this one was with the GM ( general manager) of the store. Just be laid back honest and be witty.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (McAllen, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I first had an interview with the grocery store manager. I then had 3 more interviews with the store directors. Good luck getting in without knowing someone in management I had no luck until I made a connection.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Cypress, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview. Some of the questions asked were not related to the job I applied for. We got into groups and had to present commercials. Would not recommend for people with social anxiety.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Very quick and to the point. I declined the job. I realized after the interviewer quickly made it clear the "part time" position i was interviewing for would be more like full time without the benefits. Basically they would work me up to 39 hours and but make sure i never hit 40. Companies do this to avoid having to give benefits. He didnt flat out say this, but it was obvious. HEB is a great company but i wouldnt recommend this as a "part time" job. If you need a consistent schedule, go for the literal full time position and get your benefits. I spoke with others who had this as part time and they confirmed they had many weeks where they worked 35+ hours as part timers. On a side note, the interviewer didnt seem to like that i had a sleeve tattoo down to my wrist. Its mostly flowers, it isnt anything remotely offensive and can by covered up with a long sleeve shirt. He got snobby after he saw it and immediately asked "do you regret that yet?" To which i simply answered no. Anyways, if youre taking the job i advise you make sure you're getting a full time position and not a 39 hour part time one.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle stressful situations, can you consistently lift more than 30 pounds, etc. Basically questions pertaining to if you're fit enough to stock all night at a steadily fast pace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H E B (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Was at least 15 people there and we sat down and heard what the job entails and whatnot. Then the managers were talking some more then told us to say a couple things about ourselves out loud.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Round Rock, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

very nice light . Mangers were nice and very talkative easy to talk to. Perfect for college student cheaper gas and food yay ! So i would recommend that you apply

Interview Questions

• how to deal with angry customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (Laredo, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

It was pretty short I guess because they were in need of people. The interview is like a regular interview and then they talk about the company. They do background checks and sometimes drug test from what i heard. It took awhile for them to have me start working.

Interview Questions

• Your personality and why they should hire you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Granbury, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Granbury, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

Group interview followed by one-on-one interview. The group interview had role playing for each of us & that was the hardest part. The one-on-one interview was pretty easy, we mainly chatted, she also asked me to recount a time when I had a disgruntled customer. I have a good story for that so it wasn't a problem for me.

Interview Questions

• Recount a time you received outstanding customer service.   1 Answer
    • What kind of customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

You get a call within a week and have a phone interview and then you get a call for an in-person interview with a panel, and then a one-on-one interview with department manager. They may or may not drug test you. I didn't get drug tested.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a product you know something about.   1 Answer