H E B Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, they asked if I could work different times and days of the week, if I had Loss prevention experience. It could take 1 to 2 weeks to get back with me.

Interview Questions

• if I could work different shift and location   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was a three part process. Two one on one interviews followed up by a group interview. The managers had us partner on, puck a product and sell it to the rest of the group.Then a credit check and drug test.

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the night manager who runs the overnight... shows you pictures asks you to describe what you see. What first comes to mind. It's about a 35 min. Interview then he will wrap it up by saying he got other interviews lined up, so he's not sure if you got the job but states you might get a call for a second interview if you are chosen. Got the call for the 2nd interview .. this one was with the GM ( general manager) of the store. Just be laid back honest and be witty.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

you only speak with 2 managers, you are required to do online training at home, then you are given more online training at the store, you are then given training for the job and how the work place functions

Interview Questions

• can you remember when you went out of your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Beauty Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview one-on-one with head of Beauty Procurement for the final interview. I first applied online literally six months before. I waited from August 2016 to November 2016 to first hear from a recruiter trying to set up a phone interview. She was very nice and welcoming. It wasnt until the end of January when she contacted me again to set up a second round interview. That second round interview with the head of beauty procurement was in late February and was set up quite hastily because of problems with their HR staff (i.e. the woman that interview me on the phone wasn't there anymore and I think they forgot about me). The one-on-one interview was a disaster partly because both of the HR women that were supposed to show me around the campus were not there and I sat in the waiting room for about 30 min and the director of the division was clearly not a part of the HR process. Got my travel reimbursed though.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

you have one and one interview. They are about two interview to do. Easy to answers. just be confidence. Dress code would be casual dress. I repeat just be confidence!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was actually pretty difficult. I was asked a lot of challenging questions where you had to recall a specific time in your life and talk about different scenarios and how you would handle them. I also was given a product and had to sell it to the person interviewing me which was kind of difficult since I knew nothing about the product. After about an hour of answering long questions I was then asked to do a 2nd interview with another manager. This manager asked some of the same questions again and about my availability. I was then offered the position and given an hourly rate which I thought was more than enough so I did not negotiate. Overall it was a long interview but worth it to give it your all and really worth it to formulate the best answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging time in your life that you overcame? Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? Tell me about a time you had a problem with the way a supervisor wanted you to handle a situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Typical SAR type interview questions and interviews are always hard to go through. This is a company that has been in Texas for 100 years and it family operated, they are looking for folks that are family oriented, since this company encounters families all day long.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a two tier interview, one with the deli manager and one with the store manager. Both were very simple, I talked about myself, why I wanted the job, skills I thought would benefit, etc. Overall took about 20 minutes and I ended up hired on the spot after my interview with the store manager. Most importantly, just BE YOURSELF. Don't wax poetic about how great you are, and if you don't know the answer to a question, admit it. They're were very nice and appreciative when I admitted I didn't really have a particular reason for wanting to work in the deli and that I just really needed a job.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to work for HEB? 2)Why do you want to work in food service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H E B (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called me about 3 weeks after I applied. I went to the interview took about 10 minutes then after I had another interview with the GM. Got hired on the spot.