H.G. Fenton Senior Level Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

Senior Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H.G. Fenton (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

This process was good in some ways and bad in others. They have a unique way of interviewing that includes numerous tests and pre-screenings. It is very lengthy and requires a lot of commitment. Prior to coming in, I had to take an initial test. Then a phone interview with the internal recruiter. Then another test. Then another phone interview. Then they invited me to come in to interview with the executives in charge. They had me fill out an application that took a fair amount of time (they already had my resume). Then I get there for a "three hour interview" and first I have to take another test. Then they had me wait 20 minutes and the internal recruiter shows up and says the executives are stuck in another meeting. She interviews me for 15 minutes asking all the same questions she previously asked me on the phone. She seemed distracted and I got the impression that it was a "blow off" but I didn't know what I could have done to warrant that. I was not able to ask any questions at any time about the specifics of the job because I only met with the internal recruiter. By this time, I'd invested about 8 hours in the process. She tells me that they are scheduling another set of interviews for the following week and she would be in touch. When I asked her how many candidates had made it to this point, I expected her to say two or three. Instead she said "lots" and told me they were lucky to be interviewing many candidates. Ultimately, she told me (after I contacted her via email) that the position was filled by someone who was further along in the process than me. I never really got to interview with anyone for the position but spent numerous hours prepping. I didn't understand why they would select so many and require them to work so hard and then not even complete the interview process. Seemed unprofessional. I do understand that maybe I wasn't the most qualified or that they found a better candidate but I would think that with the amount of hoops they had me jump through that I would at least get the courtesy of a real interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult personality types who work for you?   Answer Question