H&M Department Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

1. Phone call
2. In person interview
3. Second in person interview
4. Offer
This is the ideal process, meaning you hit all the right marks, answered the questions honestly, as well as prove you have something to contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M in February 2017.

Interview

They sent an email a few days after I applied telling me to contact a recruiter to set up a phone interview, which happened a week later and only lated 30 minutes. After that interview they asked if I would like to set up a second interview with the store manager and the district recruiter. Which happened a week after the phone interview and lasted approximately a hour. Then was offered a job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Gaithersburg, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online the last week of June and two days later I got a call from the department manager for a phone interview. After completing the interview, she invited me to an in person interview with the store manager the next day. I came into the store and took the interview. She invited me to the third interview during the next week which was a group management test with corporate personnel. I got a call the day after the test saying that I did amazing and I was invited to my final fourth interview. I went in the next day and the department manager presented me with an offer of employment. I immediately accepted the offer that was above the average salary for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for H&M?
      Do you have any management experience?
      How do you feel working in a open and diverse environment?
      Do you want a career or a job?
      Do you like fashion and home decor?
      Do you have prior retail experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my given salary because it was above the market value.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Fresno, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted via email for phone interview. Answered basic questions regarding work history, skills and situation/scenarios. Contacted 3 days later to come in for face to face interview with store manager same type questions more relating to experience. Waiting for call back for third interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where an employee did not show up for work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mashantucket, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Mashantucket, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

-Applied in person (Had previously known the Store manager so no need for the usual online application, filled out required paperwork for position, and even went over the training schedule and how we would progress.) When speaking with store manager, was told I would recieve position no problem as I was well qualified.
    -Waited two weeks for response about second interview. Was told the District recruiter was busy and would ask fro a second interview when he had time.
    -Second interview; short, standard questions about my knowledge of the company, my skills, and experience.
    -Waited another three weeks to come in for a job offer of a lower position, without explanation as to why I did not recieve the job I sought, after I inquired. After asking a few more times (and speaking with other managers, was given multiple different "suggestive reasons".

-5 week process in total, far too long for what was ultimately a "sales advisor" position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but was not given the opportunity. I would advise to be agressive in your initial application, and be adamant about it, so that you would receive somewhat of a modest outcome.

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

We were a large group of candidates... different positions (just management)... new store location, no phone interview, just 1:1 interview at a hotel... they are going to check my background... and still waiting... my interview was last Wednesday... I hope getting a second interview... really want the job... love H&M, .... the recruiter was super nice.

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in April 2015.

Interview

1) online application
          - two assessment tests after you fill out application.
    2) about two weeks later I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview which lasted 10-15 mins. Very easy and basic questions (though you will be asked to have examples for certain situations). Don't forget to have lots of energy even if it is over the phone.
    3) Got an email three days later setting up a group interview. This is where it gets fun. During the group interview we had to do a lot of role-playing it definitely shows how you work with others and deal with stress. Not going to give any specific activities we did only because it might vary from interview to interview. Right after 4 hours they break the group off for individual interviews. Dress comfortably but fashionably. Skinny jeans and flats are great to wear.
    4) got a email the very next day telling me to come in for a 1:1 interview the next week. If you get this email or call that usually means you got the job. This one lasts for about an hour and I filled out my paperwork during this one.

Total time 4 weeks

BE YOURSELF! !!!!! Have lots of energy and don't let nerves get the best of you. Tattoos and piercings are accepted (even in management roles). The recruiters and store managers you meet are very laid back and positive.

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a management position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone call was from an HR guy at the Recruitment office. It went so well, he was so nice- I don't even know why I was so nervous beforehand! It was maybe only 15 minutes long. Just remember to be relaxed, enthusiastic and professional. The day after the phone interview I was offered a face to face interview with a store manager later that same week. During the interview with the Store manager I answered some questions about past experience and why I wanted the job. She asked what I would do in the scenario if an employee did not show up for a shift.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone did not show up for their shift?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was made by a HR recruter via email approximately 2 weeks after submitting my resume.
    Followede by a 15 min phone interview and 2 interviews at the store location.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions like:
      Tell me about yourself!
      Why did you apply for this position?
      What was it like to be working for your recent employer?
      What are your strengths/ weaknesses?   Answer Question

Department Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in July 2014.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter I met thru LinkedIn and a few weeks after that she invited me to a meet and greet networking event. It was corporate members as well as local store managers. I spoke to everyone and filled out background check and did mini interviews. About a week later, I received a call from one of the managers to come in for a formal interview. Then about a week later she called me to come in again and I was offered the job. All in all the process probably took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted more than the initial offer because of the distance from home and work and I was granted a little more.