H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017
1,039 Interview Reviews

2.5

1,039 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I got a call two days after I applied online. Had an over the phone interview. Got called in two days later for an interview with two of the managers. They asked me basic questions. It was a pretty good interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online first at a couple of stores, then I got a email first about moving forward from the recruiter, then two in person interviews. One with the department manager and one with the store manager

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

just had my interview today and yes it was group and yes it was nervewracking at first. especially for me because i have never done a group interview before. the interview was conducted by the hiring recruiter and in the form of an open dicussion: meaning she threw a question out there and whoever wanted to answer first or second or even last does so. it doesnt matter who jumps at the question first, because this is not a competitive environment and she made that known. before starting, she said "i know group interviews are competitive, but its not like that for this. i have a home for everyone, this isn't hunting season." meaning, if you all fit the h&m values, you all get the job tbh. at first, i was very nervous. there were two other candidates along with me and two other managers along with the hiring recruiter. a total of six people in the room and speaking in front of everyone did trigger my fear of public speaking but i overcame it quickly. its all about calming yourself down tbh. it aint that bad, after the 2nd question i felt relaxed. the questions were very easy for me, especially since i have experience with interviews and h&m asks you the standard questions everyone else does tbh. she asked situational questions and she had to have asked at least 5-7 of them. she said she will keep in touch through email or a phone call and unfortunately i got an email saying that i didn't get it. i was upset because i thought i nailed it and i love h&m, ugh i wish i got the job. good luck to anyone else trying to get hired here as well! be yourself and dress in your style!

Interview Questions

• tell me a time where you had to be creative with an obstacle? why do you love h&m? how important is team work to you? how do you think your role as a sales advisor will affect the store?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Springfield, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back with in a few days to schedule my interview. When I got there I talked with the manager about my experience, availability, etc. It took all of 20 minutes then the manager told me there was a second interview which he would like me to attend next week.

The group interview was about 2 hours long. There were about 6-8 of us and we had about 3 different activities to do individually as well as on a team. Overall I really liked the interview process! It was fun yet educational on what it'll be like to work for H&M.

I got a call back in a week then offered a position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

It was simple, asked a couple questions, threw a senerio and asked how we would handle the situation. They said they would call me but never did so instead I took initative to call them and told me I had gotten the job but I guess their call hadnt gone through. I have been with the company now for a year and a half and cant complain, i mean its retail.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied at hm.com and recieved a call the following day for a phone interview. The phone interview took about 25-30mins. They asked questions about my resume, previous experiences, work ethics, future goals and availability. At the end of the phone interview they scheduled me for a group interview the following week. At the group interview there were 3 other people and we were each asked different scenario questions one at a time. After the group interview they called a week after to schedule an individual interview, where I was asked similar scenario questions, a little about myself and future goals; at the end I was offered the job. Overall it was a bit of a long process but the managers where very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They spoke about why the liked working there and stressed the fact that h&m believes in people, the consider employees' work-life balance and they encourage you to learn and grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at H&M in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back within a week, asked me a couple questions, was not given an interview since they were looking for someone who could be there for a year minimum.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email about calling the store for a phone interview . Had the phone interview thr next day, was asked about my retail experience, why i want to work there. Next day i met the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you work better in a group or alone?
      Whats your availability?
      Ever had a leadership role?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for department Manager position on July 7 received a call on July 10 for a phone interview on July 11th. Phone interview was an about 45 mins long. Ask a lot of in-depth questions about work history and management style. Rate of pay and how many people you have managed. After the interview was over the interviewer told me I should hear back from the district manager for an second interview. About week later I received a email setting up an in person interview. Had interview on July 19 first thing when I walked in filled out background check form. Was told this would be a group or multiple people interviewing but it was only myself when I arrived. Interview lasted about an hour to hour and a half. Ask same question as in phone interview and more. Be prepared to answer questions like what’s the current trend. What or who influences you. Work history. Interview was pretty easy just have to be honest about how you lead. After interview was over i was told I would be hearing back after my background came back and the district manager told me there would be a group interview in the next couple weeks. Received a call on July 21 with background coming back clear and setting up second in person interview group (activity). Currently scheduled for this Thursday. Will be updating with more information after interview

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email back telling me to call a number to set up an interview. H&M gave me the wrong phone number to set up an interview and provided no other form of contact.