H&M Part-time Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.3

320 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I got a call two days after I applied online. Had an over the phone interview. Got called in two days later for an interview with two of the managers. They asked me basic questions. It was a pretty good interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
  • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer
  • How do you think you will transition from working at the last place to working here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

First, over the phone interview with simple questions about myself and expectations the company had for me. Then, in-person interview with store manager. Both experiences were very easy and the interviewers made me feel really comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

I was asked about me experience in customer service, why I would like to work for H&M, and the manager told me about the company. I was invited back for what I thought was the second interview, but was actually given a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied at H&M through there website, It took a week to get an email to come in for a group interview. Got there and it was an assessment with 20 other people we got split into groups basically just asked us to go around the store and look around and tell them what we saw how were the fitting rooms,registers. I got a called back for a second group interview where it was a more hands on we had to work as a team and build stuff while managers took notes, It was quite fun. I got another call back 2 weeks later to talk to the store manager but it ended up not being an interview it was the job offer. They really are just looking for people to speak and have a positive mindset in working as a team .

Interview Questions

• What do you like about H&M?   1 Answer
    • What would you change about the company?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your co worker couldn't finish his last two shifts and went home and there was no managers on sight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Bare with me, this is gonna be a bit lengthy.

Step 1: I applied online. I got email the next day to come in to do an interview a few days later. It was a group interview. There were two mangers. They had us go around in a circle and introduce ourselves. Before, they asked us anything else they ask why H&M and not other retailers. (Exp: Zara) Next, they asked us some questions about ourselves. (Exp: Who is your fashion icon?) Then, they separated us into groups and had us go on the sales floor to look at things from presentation to how many sales advisors did we see to if we could identify a manger. We went back into the room and each group got to tell what they saw or didn't see. They then had us all go back out on the sales floor but completely separate this time and we had to see how the cashiers were doing, how many workers were in the fitting room, and what they were doing. We then went back upstairs and told them our findings. The last thing they asked was situational questions and they didn't want candy coated answers. They wanted complete honesty. Lastly, they asked to us to give them 2weeks and we left.

Step 2: I got another email the day after my first interview asking me to come in for another. This one was a group interview as well but it was different. It was kind of like a simulation test. I won't go into details about this part because they told us they change this part up all the time but just know that it was an assessment to see how'd you work under pressure, how'd you multitask, and etc. At the end, we were told to give them a week.

Step 3: After literally a week and a day (ofc I counted) I was emailed again about coming in for a followup interview. I was nervous bc it was another group one but then we got in the room and the manger congratulated us and welcomed us to the team. We got our offer papers and other things. I start tomorrow!

My best advice to you is to just be yourself. Let the energy in the room flow through you. Don't over think it! If you're reading this and you have an interview good luck!
    (Also don't be super dressy, come in something casual and comfy)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very simple all you had to do was be yourself, don't shy yourself, and wear something that compliments you and makes you feel during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and two in-person interviews that largely cover the same questions but allow all managers to review applicants. The interview process took a few weeks to be totally completed, but after the second in-person interview, management is very expedient in reaching out with a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M specifically?   1 Answer
    • Of H&M's 7 values, which do you identify the most with and why?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Springfield, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back with in a few days to schedule my interview. When I got there I talked with the manager about my experience, availability, etc. It took all of 20 minutes then the manager told me there was a second interview which he would like me to attend next week.

The group interview was about 2 hours long. There were about 6-8 of us and we had about 3 different activities to do individually as well as on a team. Overall I really liked the interview process! It was fun yet educational on what it'll be like to work for H&M.

I got a call back in a week then offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in retail?   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

I applied at hm.com and recieved a call the following day for a phone interview. The phone interview took about 25-30mins. They asked questions about my resume, previous experiences, work ethics, future goals and availability. At the end of the phone interview they scheduled me for a group interview the following week. At the group interview there were 3 other people and we were each asked different scenario questions one at a time. After the group interview they called a week after to schedule an individual interview, where I was asked similar scenario questions, a little about myself and future goals; at the end I was offered the job. Overall it was a bit of a long process but the managers where very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They spoke about why the liked working there and stressed the fact that h&m believes in people, the consider employees' work-life balance and they encourage you to learn and grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I went to the 1st interview with one of the department managers. She asked me about my job experience and times I've had to think quickly. It was very laid back and easy! I got asked to come in for a 2nd interview with the store manager.

For the 2nd interview, it didn't take too long. I just got asked a couple more questions about my job experience then got offered a position on the spot.