H&M Part-time Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.3

327 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Newington, NH).

Interview

It was a lot of behavioral questions, such as "What would you do if a customer were to steal?" and "How would you react if a customer told you the price of an item was less than it really is?"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

The whole process took around two weeks. I applied online over the weekend, had a phone interview on the following Tuesday, and was asked to come in Thursday for a one-on-one interview. Asked a few questions about availability, my expectations, etc. and then a third interview was set up that same day for the following week. Third interview was essentially the same as the first and I was offered the job right after.

I would HIGHLY recommend looking into the company's values and tying them into your answers. Also, answer your questions honestly and just be yourself. I have no fashion sense (very basic) and am not the most social person out there, but I think they really appreciate people who are willing to grow work towards becoming a better employee.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied in the middle of the week for a part-time sales advisor position. over the weekend I got an email saying I had potential, and that I should call the store and ask to speak with a manager to set up an interview. I called the store during business hours the next day, and did the phone interview on the spot with one of the department managers (assistant manager). Phone interview took about 5-10 minutes. Then they scheduled me for an in-store interview with one of the other managers two days later. I went in for that interview, and then they scheduled another interview with the head store manager the next day. After the interview with the store manager she offered me the position, and had already filled out some of my hiring paper work, so it seems they knew they wanted to hire me before I went into the third and final interview. Over all the process was pretty easy and seemed rather expedited, but this is probably because they wanted to hire someone ASAP. This is what one of the managers I interviewed with told me, anyway. I had no group interview along the way. This is most likely because the store/mall in my town is small and not particularly busy or high traffic, so not a ton of workers/applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time in which you worked well with a team.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had a long-term project to work on or something that required careful planning, time management, deadlines, etc.   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I got a call two days after I applied online. Had an over the phone interview. Got called in two days later for an interview with two of the managers. They asked me basic questions. It was a pretty good interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • How do you think you will transition from working at the last place to working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

First, over the phone interview with simple questions about myself and expectations the company had for me. Then, in-person interview with store manager. Both experiences were very easy and the interviewers made me feel really comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

I was asked about me experience in customer service, why I would like to work for H&M, and the manager told me about the company. I was invited back for what I thought was the second interview, but was actually given a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied at H&M through there website, It took a week to get an email to come in for a group interview. Got there and it was an assessment with 20 other people we got split into groups basically just asked us to go around the store and look around and tell them what we saw how were the fitting rooms,registers. I got a called back for a second group interview where it was a more hands on we had to work as a team and build stuff while managers took notes, It was quite fun. I got another call back 2 weeks later to talk to the store manager but it ended up not being an interview it was the job offer. They really are just looking for people to speak and have a positive mindset in working as a team .

Interview Questions

• What do you like about H&M?   1 Answer
    • What would you change about the company?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if your co worker couldn't finish his last two shifts and went home and there was no managers on sight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Bare with me, this is gonna be a bit lengthy.

Step 1: I applied online. I got email the next day to come in to do an interview a few days later. It was a group interview. There were two mangers. They had us go around in a circle and introduce ourselves. Before, they asked us anything else they ask why H&M and not other retailers. (Exp: Zara) Next, they asked us some questions about ourselves. (Exp: Who is your fashion icon?) Then, they separated us into groups and had us go on the sales floor to look at things from presentation to how many sales advisors did we see to if we could identify a manger. We went back into the room and each group got to tell what they saw or didn't see. They then had us all go back out on the sales floor but completely separate this time and we had to see how the cashiers were doing, how many workers were in the fitting room, and what they were doing. We then went back upstairs and told them our findings. The last thing they asked was situational questions and they didn't want candy coated answers. They wanted complete honesty. Lastly, they asked to us to give them 2weeks and we left.

Step 2: I got another email the day after my first interview asking me to come in for another. This one was a group interview as well but it was different. It was kind of like a simulation test. I won't go into details about this part because they told us they change this part up all the time but just know that it was an assessment to see how'd you work under pressure, how'd you multitask, and etc. At the end, we were told to give them a week.

Step 3: After literally a week and a day (ofc I counted) I was emailed again about coming in for a followup interview. I was nervous bc it was another group one but then we got in the room and the manger congratulated us and welcomed us to the team. We got our offer papers and other things. I start tomorrow!

My best advice to you is to just be yourself. Let the energy in the room flow through you. Don't over think it! If you're reading this and you have an interview good luck!
    (Also don't be super dressy, come in something casual and comfy)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very simple all you had to do was be yourself, don't shy yourself, and wear something that compliments you and makes you feel during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and two in-person interviews that largely cover the same questions but allow all managers to review applicants. The interview process took a few weeks to be totally completed, but after the second in-person interview, management is very expedient in reaching out with a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M specifically?   1 Answer
    • Of H&M's 7 values, which do you identify the most with and why?   1 Answer