H&M Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Full Time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about a month.

I first applied for different position from the one I was offered. I applied online and within a week I received a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview, which I had the following day. That interview took about an hour but I passed and went to the next round, which was an interview with two managers at a hiring event. There, I met with two managers for the second interview which took about an hour. It would be wise to look at the company's career website and do some research on the company. SERIOUSLY. IT HELPS. After the interview I heard back from the company in about a week. I was offered a third interview for a different position. This one was a bit more laid back than the previous ones. By the end of the week, I received a phone call for an offered and I accepted the position!

Interview Questions

• How have you had to handle a difficult situation with a fellow employee who was always late?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position online and received a call back the same day, the first interview was 3 days later with an HOD, the second was 2 days later with the store manager.

The first interview consisted of us reviewing my resume and asking me about those jobs, that's it. The second interview the store manager asked why I like fashion, I gave a long winded answer. I got the job a week later, started training a week after that.

Full-Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&M (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application and then I got called in for an interview, I interviewed with 3 different people. It was a very short interview process and I heard back very quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, very easy going, interviewer was very personable and gave me info not just on the position, but on themselves as well. It was a lot less nerve-wracking than other interviews I've had with other companies.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to confront a co-worker with an issue, and tell me how the situation was resolved.   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted by email about a week later. The email told me to call back in which I had a phone interview. The manager was very nice and laid back making me feel comfortable. I then had a second interview in person with the district recruiter which was very pleasant. Immediately after her I met with the store manager and she was pleasant as well. Overall easy going experience.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was in regards to their own store, what would I suggest to improve their sales & what do I see as an opportunity to improve their sales floor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

1st interview was over the phone and really basic with typical questions. Experience, Lateness, why H&M? 2nd interview was similar just one on one with the same questions and talking about availability.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time a sales associate went above and beyond for you. (which was a little hard considering this is NY)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

first it was a phone screening interview, then less than 3 days they called me for a 1:1 interview, then on the spot they told me to join a group interview and determine everything from those different interviews.

Interview Questions

• what you think is great customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was a 3 interviews in different ways, 1st was a open house, 2nd was a a group interview and 3rd was one to one with a offers at the end of the interview. I am talking for store 400 in Times Square. The overall experience was a one last time experience.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

ntry-level applicants should arrive to H&M interviews punctually and dressed in professional yet fashionable attire. Greet all hiring staff with a warm smile and a firm handshake, taking note of their names. Job hopefuls may want to attend the meeting with a copy of their resume and other hiring materials for H&M interviewers to review. Hiring staff may ask questions like, "Why do you want to work for H&M?" to gauge applicants' genuine interest in the job. Other queries posed at H&M interviews might include: "Tell me about any previous retail experience you've had," "How would you respond to multiple customers requesting assistance at the same time?", and "What do you know about H&M?" Thanking hiring staff by name at the end of the meeting demonstrates gratitude and attention to detail.

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in August 2012.

Interview

Asked me retail and customer service related questions. Having management experience is a plus. H&M is a fast pace company, customer service is required but it is not the top priority. It is important to them that you can multi-task and complete your assigned tasks as well as customer service.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to be fast paced and efficient at the same time?   1 Answer