H&M Sales Associate, Part Time Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email back telling me to call a number to set up an interview. H&M gave me the wrong phone number to set up an interview and provided no other form of contact.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Katy, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy Interview. Lasted about 15 minutes and asked very straightforward questions about personal accomplishments, personal goals. They wanted to know why you felt that H&M was a good fit for you. Wanted to make sure you would be a good fit for their team.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work under pressure? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Edison, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for H&M weeks ago. And, I received a phone call from the recruiter and was asked if I have a moment to talk and was asked to answer some questions and not to be scared.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview Questions:

Could you briefly tell me what duties you have completed in your previous positions? (Looking at your resume)

What is your desired salary per hour?

How did you handle a bad customer service?

When was the time you performed the best customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M (Wellington, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

They contact you over the phone and a brief interview , after your interview they'll let you know when they want to schedule you a face to face interview. It was awesome, they asked about my experience and what I wanted in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about fashion?   1 Answer

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I attended an open interview--showed up, filled out an application, and then had a 5-10 minute interview with a manager. Standard interview questions, nothing special. I was then told that the hiring process takes anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks, and I would be notified if I was wanted for a 2nd interview.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief and easy if you've worked retail before they ask you questions you would expect for a department store to ask you but the hardest part are the challenges you do while in the interviews, for instance, trying to build a lego figure while simultaneously bouncing a ball

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was a group interview. Went to a Starbucks with five other people. We each answered the same questions. Once the interview was finished, and we waited for their call.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&M (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I went in store because I had tried to apply online, but could not. The manager told me to just bring in my resume the following day she worked (letting me know her schedule). I went in, and she offered me a day/time to interview, and I took it immediately.

Sales Associate, Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&M (Tigard, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

I simply went in and one of the employees recruited me (funny story...), and then referred me to the manager to discuss my resume (which I had in hand since I had been applying for jobs that day). I have NO work experience, at all. I've been a nanny but that's not something employers really look for.
    Anyways, the interview was pretty laid back. Really awesome manager. We shared some laughs and sort of trailed off into other topics, not concerning the interview process. It was really great! This depends entirely on who you're interviewing with, though. That was pretty cool. I was PASSIONATE and I showed it though. BE PASSIONATE ABOUT WHAT YOU DO/WANT TO DO! I was passionate and despite my lack of experience, she told me at the end that she wants me back for a second interview. A few days later I decided to call them to follow up (always good to do), and was told that the manager was out but I could leave a message. I got a call back later from not the manager, but the same guy whom I had spoken to on the phone, and he told me that she wants me back for a second interview. That interview is tomorrow. I'm nervous as HECK! It's with a different woman so hopefully she's just as laid back as the other girl was.
    Remember with any interview~
    Be PASSIONATE -- not just "I need a job" but stuff like "I am confident in my ability to provide excellent customer service, and I believe that once I am given the chance to, my performance will be outstanding." blah blah blah somethin along those lines!
    good luck!

Interview Questions

• How would you describe customer service?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&M (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Upon handing in my resume, you get a phone call a few days after wanting to have a phone interview then and there. This was tricky because I had not prepared for the questions they asked. After the phone interview if they like you then they'll invite you to attend a group interview session where you do various activities where they can see more of your personality/whether you are a good fit...etc. Right after the group interview they do individual interviews asking mostly the same questions as over the phone but probably hoping you will now expand on your answers.