H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Antwerp (Belgium)) in December 2016.

Interview

een zeer duidelijke en gestructureerde sollicitatieprocedure. Online solliciteren is een mogelijkheid en je hebt daar een voorsprong omdat je daar meer behalve je cv en motivatie kan invullen. Je wordt gescreend en krijgt een telefonisch gesprek met de rekruter. daarna krijg je 2 persoonlijke gesprekken (als je voor een management functie solliciteert), een PI test krijg je ook

Interview Questions

• waarom moeten we jou aanwerven?   1 Answer

Negotiation

dat ging goed, want we waren goed overeengekomen wat ik verwachte en wat zij verwachten van mij.

Sa/Taiwan Interview

Application

I interviewed at H&M in January 2016.

Interview

Tw510 competent here can not communicate! Will not encourage only abuse! Their holidays, only on the middle, and only their favorite staff is good, no matter what his ability to work! Other dm can only cater to, fear of being read, to keep the number of employees. Even the boss of Taiwan is! One day can not dm, but not without sa, sa person here must be finishing a whole department, has been chasing time, do not take pictures, abuse, has been squeezing our time, to give managers to use! Your manager is disorganized! Regardless of internal staff promotion opportunities only with external! Strict internal staff salaries are less, but the outside is generous! Rotten, and Taiwan bosses need to replace or review, tw510 manager is replaced!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied for new store opening, had phone interview, went in for group interview, and again for activities where a team surveys your performance. The activities hosted are for example building a lego castle and towers with specific limitations in a team of 6, while constantly passing around a tennis ball like hot potato. The overall process was tideous, but it is to be expected when hiring for a grand opening.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the history of h&m   Answer Question
    • What can you tell us about yourself, and where do you see yourself in the next few years?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, mainly quite basic questions but it's really important to prepare. Also expect questions on future trends and salary expectations.

After a 3x30 interview at the head office, focusing on salesmanship, resume/background and fashion/trends. Be prepared to have examples on everything i your cover letter and that you might say during the interview.

Final interview approx 60 minutes. personality, trends, buying strategies.

Interview Questions

• What will be the it-product to have in our assortment 1 year from now that shows we are on top of the fashion business   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted to conduct a phone interview. Phone interview was very in-depth and went well. Invited to an in-person interview, then group interview. Group interview was very difficult and very fun. Nothing like I'd ever experienced. Last interview was with Country HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a full plate and were given additional tasks. What was the situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Margaret's at Cliffe, South East England, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Saint Margaret's at Cliffe, South East England, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Very good and fun and good and fun she'd have a great way of the year and I don't think that I have a great way of the year and I don't think that I

Interview Questions

• How was my day . And what did I look forward to doing   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Plymouth, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

all about what you know about the company and scenario questions was very unlike any other interview also never heard back to wether i got it or not after ringing 3 times over 2 months

Interview Questions

• how many stores do h&m have?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M in March 2008.

Interview

you go through a psych test with other canidates to prove,teamwork,intelligence,level of stress,and competitive and fair treatment of others needs to be demonstrated to show integrity, character, and leadership qualities. It was the most shocking and long test but it is definately effective.

Interview Questions

• you cant prepare its random and right or wrong answer is really irrelevant   Answer Question
    • they ask international fashion, percieved trends ect   1 Answer

Negotiation

fair salary based on experience what you think you shoud get and what other make

Buyers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

It was very long. They were quick to get back from initially applying but waiting in between the stages was a total of 6 weeks. I wasn't impressed as they never got back on both times when they said that they would. My opinion would be to be very friendly with HR as they seem to hold a lot of the power.

Interview Questions

• If you had a shop and it went wrong how would you improve it   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. We were split into smaller groups and did various activities. One involved fashion and discussing our fashion inspiration. Another we were given situations in the workplace and asked to solve them. It was pretty formal. We had to interact with the group whilst also standing out. I think your confidence and style was important to them. At the end there were very short 5 minute one on one interviews also.

Interview Questions

• `give an example of a time you have used your initiative   Answer Question