H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Hiring process wasn't too hard. First started with a phone call to say i have an interview, then we moved into the interview. The questions were basic. Sometimes i have noticed that if you are good they will offer you the job after the interview with a phone call or they will give you a working interview too to see how you will do on the shop floor. This is basic too and they pari you with someone most times. You would be doing roles such as tidying and clearing stock and maybe fitting rooms.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer wanted na item but we do not have it in on the shop floor or in stock?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H&M (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Was externally recruited for the position of department manager. Interviewed with 2 store managers and the District Manager. Interviews were good, asked situational questions, and questions surrounding values of the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe the last team you work on?
      Do you prefer to work on a project with little oversight or more follow up?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

2 interviews over 2 weeks e.g. Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion? Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion   Answer Question
    • Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them   Answer Question
    • What is your fashion style and do you shop at H&M?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I drop my CV to the store, and the next day I was talking by phone with the store manager for the interview, really fast and not was difficult to get the job

Interview Questions

• If you know something about the company, how you work with customers and differents situations   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later with a few easy to answer questions, she then invited me for an Assessment Centre which I knew would be like a group interview. I was applying for Oxford Street store so the office was really nice, store managers were so lovely and wasn't an intimidating atmosphere at all. I just got back and I have no idea what I was nervous about, everyone was laughing and we had to do group projects such as choose outfits for customers and then share to the group why we chose the outfits, and discuss customer scenarios as an entire group. We were then taken aside for individual "interviews" which felt more like chats, the manager wanting to know more about me, she was contributing to my answers and being really nice and conversational, didn't feel like an interview. 11 were invited only 7 showed up. I'm confident about the interview and waiting to hear back! Also dress smart-casual, some people were even in trainers!

Junior Pattern Maker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M in November 2016.

Interview

2 or 3 turns: 1st - phone interview, 2nd - personal interview in Stockholm, 3rd - maybe another interview in Stockholm. I applied on-line, via their website. I was called for phone interview around 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview takes around 25 minutes. Ordinary questions about my educational background, internships, where can i see myself in 10 years, why I apllied for that job, etc....   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a 5 minute telephone interview asking about experience. Asked who my role model was. Asked about how felxable I am. 2nd interview was in the store in a office with 2 managers. Asked what I knew about the business. Asked what I thought good customer service was. Asked how I prioritise workload. Asked me to go on shop floor pick an outfit for a middle aged lady going to a wedding.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about H&M?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

15 minute phone interview with standard interview questions, then a group assessment event (my "assessment center" had 12 participants) which included discussion on H&M values, teambuilding exercises such as a relay race to fold, hang up and display clothes, example scenario questions, and a short 1 on 1 personal interview that mainly asked specific questions pertaining to yourself.

Design Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Phone interview after submitting application online. Prepared myself for it but was so nervous during the interview. The recruiter was friendly and nice. Just asked questions about my CV..The phone call was punctual and was exactly 20 mins just like what they emailed me...never heard back from them though

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position? What will be the trend next year? What do you expect to be doing in this position? Etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2017.

Interview

The application was made online in november by sending in your CV and personal letter. I was then invited to carry out some tests. Two tests were numerical, one was organizing a mailbox. Some candidates were then required to carry out a phone interview, I was not. During the assessment day three interviews were held, one numerical case, 1 cv interview and one group interview.