H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,086 Interview Reviews

2.5

District Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email (in a week after applying) to set up a phone interview. The questions asked during the interview were very standard, but I blew it on my own. The phone interview was about 20 mins.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Annapolis, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for the Sales Advisor position in the Georgetown and to be honest it was a waste of time. 3 interveiws in 2 months was very tedious. The i applied to the Annapolis location and i got the job on the spot. Very good interveiw, easy going. Just be yourself and you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experince with retail before   1 Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Miami, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and two in-person interviews that largely cover the same questions but allow all managers to review applicants. The interview process took a few weeks to be totally completed, but after the second in-person interview, management is very expedient in reaching out with a final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M specifically?   1 Answer
    • Of H&M's 7 values, which do you identify the most with and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, detailed multiple choice assessment and had group interview
     In addition to asking the regular questions, there was a group activity to walk around, critique the store to tell managers what to improve.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

just had my interview today and yes it was group and yes it was nervewracking at first. especially for me because i have never done a group interview before. the interview was conducted by the hiring recruiter and in the form of an open dicussion: meaning she threw a question out there and whoever wanted to answer first or second or even last does so. it doesnt matter who jumps at the question first, because this is not a competitive environment and she made that known. before starting, she said "i know group interviews are competitive, but its not like that for this. i have a home for everyone, this isn't hunting season." meaning, if you all fit the h&m values, you all get the job tbh. at first, i was very nervous. there were two other candidates along with me and two other managers along with the hiring recruiter. a total of six people in the room and speaking in front of everyone did trigger my fear of public speaking but i overcame it quickly. its all about calming yourself down tbh. it aint that bad, after the 2nd question i felt relaxed. the questions were very easy for me, especially since i have experience with interviews and h&m asks you the standard questions everyone else does tbh. she asked situational questions and she had to have asked at least 5-7 of them. she said she will keep in touch through email or a phone call and unfortunately i got an email saying that i didn't get it. i was upset because i thought i nailed it and i love h&m, ugh i wish i got the job. good luck to anyone else trying to get hired here as well! be yourself and dress in your style!

Interview Questions

• tell me a time where you had to be creative with an obstacle? why do you love h&m? how important is team work to you? how do you think your role as a sales advisor will affect the store?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Springfield, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back with in a few days to schedule my interview. When I got there I talked with the manager about my experience, availability, etc. It took all of 20 minutes then the manager told me there was a second interview which he would like me to attend next week.

The group interview was about 2 hours long. There were about 6-8 of us and we had about 3 different activities to do individually as well as on a team. Overall I really liked the interview process! It was fun yet educational on what it'll be like to work for H&M.

I got a call back in a week then offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in retail?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The overall experience was a joyful one. It consisted of a total of 4 interviews. The first was an over the phone interview with a recruiter that lasted an hour. The recruiter askedbin depth questions about my resume, job skills, coaching, pay and achievements. After the first initial interview I heard back less than a week later and was set up with a second in person interview. Upon arriving for interview I filled out a background check application. The interveiw was similar to the first. Only this time was in front of 3 H&M leaders in different roles/locations. Asked further questions about my experience, coaching style, what my current role oversees I.e direct reports, staff development, category management, merchandizing and sales and budgeting and scheduling. I passed the second interview and was scheduled for a third group interview amongst other candidates in similar roles or above. (They asked not to disclose this portion of the interview process), but I will say if you make it to this point, it will definitely be an experience you will enjoy, learn and grown from. Truly fun and challenging at the same time. After the group interview I was given a call back for a fourth interview. This interview was also my last. It was with the regional recruiting leader for the region I was applying for along with a second hand. Both parties interviewed me with questions regarding my journey throughout my career. What my skills are in my current role, coaching styles, how do I lead and new team to ensure success. Additional managerial/ leadership questions, and role clarity.
    In the end I got a call back about a week later...unfortunately for the position I was seeking I was a bit out of range as far as pay goes for H&M. I wasn't given a range they were willing to pay nor was I given a counter offer. But I was told had I asked for less money the definitely would have hired me! So overall a great experience and hopefully in the future I'll have another opportunity! Thanks

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct the growth of your team   Answer Question
    • What made you decide to apply for H&M?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had an opportunity with an associate who needed development   Answer Question
    • Where do you line up amongst your leadership team in your current role.?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel is your biggest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Whatvdobyou look for when hiring a candidate?   Answer Question
    • Do you oversee scheduling?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage payroll planning and expenses?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to coach someone in a hirer position than you   Answer Question
    • How do you build a high performing team   Answer Question
    • You just launched a new swimwear line, but due to incremental weather reasons sales are down what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Holiday season is here and need to place someone in a elevated temporary role. the individual you have in mind succeeds in all operational areas except team development...what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Sales are down but traffic is up. whats the problem/ resolution   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

It was simple, asked a couple questions, threw a senerio and asked how we would handle the situation. They said they would call me but never did so instead I took initative to call them and told me I had gotten the job but I guess their call hadnt gone through. I have been with the company now for a year and a half and cant complain, i mean its retail.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great asset to the team?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied at hm.com and recieved a call the following day for a phone interview. The phone interview took about 25-30mins. They asked questions about my resume, previous experiences, work ethics, future goals and availability. At the end of the phone interview they scheduled me for a group interview the following week. At the group interview there were 3 other people and we were each asked different scenario questions one at a time. After the group interview they called a week after to schedule an individual interview, where I was asked similar scenario questions, a little about myself and future goals; at the end I was offered the job. Overall it was a bit of a long process but the managers where very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They spoke about why the liked working there and stressed the fact that h&m believes in people, the consider employees' work-life balance and they encourage you to learn and grow within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at H&M in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back within a week, asked me a couple questions, was not given an interview since they were looking for someone who could be there for a year minimum.