H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Boise, ID).

Interview

Applied online, waited a week and didn't hear back. Called the store I applied for and had an on the spot phone interview with the store manager. Set up a on site interview for the following week. First interview I answered questions regarding my previous retail experience and personal values. Second interview I answered the same questions with a different person and at the end i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your values?   1 Answer
    • Do you believe in being straight forward?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an over the phone interview with a really nice manager which took 15 minutes than i was offered a second interveiw in which i did about 6 days ago i also was given a background check still waiting on their call

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

I applied about a month ago. Got an email 3 weeks ago asking to call to schedule an interview. Called & scheduled. The first interview was okay, questions were easy to answer . 2nd interview the week after wasn't basically the same thing just a different person. They called me back for the 3rd interview yesterday and I did the interview today. which was the job offer. I'm so happy I'm apart of the H&M family now! Plus the managers that interviewed me were AWESOME! :)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application, got called in for an interview about 5 days later. The inverview lasted about 30 minutes. then got called in again for a "second interview" and was hired without any second interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Emailed to come in for an interview from 10am to 1130 which automatically let me know it was a group interview. It was about 7 of us there. They then wanted us to go down to the lower 3 floors and walk around and observe for 30-40 minutes. We had to find things that were going well and what wasn't on the floor. We also had to find a way to increase business for the store. They let us know this was just an initial meet to get to know how we were. if they liked us they would let us know through email/phone ASAP.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Phone interview first, pretty basic questions. Face to face interview, learns more about your work history, lets you ask questions about the company and position. Store interview, asks you about the windows, the mannequins, your work experience again.

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied Online. 3 weeks later I recieved an email telling me they were interested and to call the manager of the store. I called him, set up the interview for the next day. Went into the interview, waiting around for a while before they came and got me. Interview took about 30 minutes or so. He wrote down basically every word I said. Pretty sure he wrote down my volunteering experience as a job, which I hope does not affect my background check. Did all the paperwork for the background check, and then was emailed an hour later due to them not putting down my birth date, and needing that information. Was told the background check takes about a week so now I am just waiting to hear back. Overall, great interview. I am 19, so my experience is limited but hopefully doesn't make me unqualified.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M in November 2016.

Interview

I was actually interviewed over the phone (about 30 minutes) by the Store Manager. She was sweet and we hit it off. A day later i was asked to come in for the interview in person. We had fun, we talked, for easy going interview. I was then contacted about 3 days later for a 2nd interview. She informed me that ususally the 2nd interview is to be with the the manager but since she had conducted all my interviews this was a formality and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its an easy going environment. So relax have fun. Be professional but its a regail job with a great atmosphere so incorporate that and you'll be golden.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Not sure when I applied for this actually position so once I received the phone call for an phone interview the hiring process was pretty easy and fast after that. I received the unexpected call on a Saturday evening. Phone interview was about 15-20 minutes basically explaining my previous and current work experience and availability. After ending that interview call, I received another phone call from another supervisor and was asked to come in the next day (Sunday) for a one on one interview (with another supervisor).
    Arrived for my interview 10 minutes early (my interview was scheduled for 3) but still didn't meet up the supervisor who was conducting the interview until about 3:15. The supervisor was so nice and made me feel comfortable immediately. She started out by telling me her work experience and how she ended up at H&M. I then was asked about my work history again but went more into depth about my positions and duties. Was asked about my availability again. Overall interview as very easy and relaxing. I was then handed a background check form to fill out and asked to come back in the following Tuesday to speak with the store manager.
    Store manager was also very welcoming and nice. Was asked about work history again, why I wanted to work at H&M, my availability, and a couple more questions. I was offered the job, talked about hourly rate, hours per week I was available to work, and told I would get a call when my background check came back so I could come back and start my paperwork and training.

I have a 9-5 job and was looking for a part-time to work evenings and weekends. They are really looking for people to fill in those hours and I think with my work history and hours I can work was why I got hired as quickly as I did.

So from my phone interview I got hired from my first interview but needed to meet with the Store manager to finalize everything. All questions were pretty easy. Just be yourself and not overthink it while selling yourself. Cant wait to start!

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important position in the store?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at H&M?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be yourself. I was told that they start you off making $10.00 so when asked how much I wanted to make I told her not less than $11.00 and surprising she said they start out making $11.50.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Joliet, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

This process was a 3 week process in my case. I had filled out an online application a couple weeks before I had received a phone call from H&M. So I received a phone call from the hiring manager at H&M asking if I wanted to do a phone interview because he had a few questions about my application. I accepted. The phone interview lasted for about 15-25 minutes, he asked me about availability, past/current jobs and why do I want to work at H&M. Afterwards I was offered a face to face interview and to come in a few days later. In the face to fave interview we went over basically everything he asked me over the phone just in more detail, he also told me a little about himself during the interview as well. After the face to face I filled out a background check and was told that it can take up to 1-2 weeks to clear and I will receive a phone call when it does. So I let a week and 3 days go by and decided to give them a phone call just so I can make sure no one forgot about me lol. By chance the hiring manager had picked up and told me to come in for another face to face interview (which would have been my 3rd interview) and that I would be interviewing with him and the store manager. At the 3rd and final interview, we went over the same things as the first face to face interview plus asking how much would you like to get paid and how many hours were you looking for. After that they step out for a few to basically discuss if they want to hire you or not. Thankfully I got offered the job and gladly accepted. And they pay wayy above minimum wage so that's a plus too. Just a tip: don't dress in business casual clothing just be yourself. 😊

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

See What H&M Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Sales Advisor in New York, NY

Pros: “One of the greatest places to work under a beautiful flat level organization company. You are given feedback everyday and knowledge about your work ethic, which drives you to work harder to...”“One of the greatest places to work under a beautiful flat level organization company. You are given feedback everyday and knowledge about your work ethic, which drives you to work harder to achieve your goals. Everything you hear about H&M's values are true, from we are one team to entrepreneurial spirit. I've had the pleasure of opening up the newest flagship store in Manhattan called 700 and it taught me about the business aspect as well as leadership skills, i needed to open up such a marvelous store. I quickly rose the ranks from PT to FT to Sales coach and there are endless amounts of opportunity in your home store as well as other stores or corporate. They give you everything you need to succeed, you just need to utilize your resources and drive the business. All in all this is somewhere i see myself working in 10 years from now still.” – Full Review