H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,203 Interview Reviews

2.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H&M (Roseville, CA).

Interview

Group interview, then if prefered by interviewees you get a second interview as an individual with store manager and co manager then if prefered again you get a third and final interview to agree to company policies terms and contractual agreements. So expect at least a two phase interview process with some phone calls and if its for a new store opening position expect a third interview.

Interview Questions

• Reason for interest with their company   1 Answer
    • Why you would be an asset to their team   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been employed by a value based company   1 Answer
    • Are you better as a team player or individual contributor to daily functioning and routines in the workplace   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Was contacted via e-mail to schedule a phone interview with recruiter. Phone interview was extremely in depth and not just a basic screening. Felt that the level of depth the questions went into would be better articulated in person. Also not sure why the organization doesn't trust the people running their stores to hire members of management. Felt that the recruiter was very accusatory when asking me why I had made decisions to resign from previous jobs. (Main reason for leaving my career was a domestic abuse related divorce and relocation.) Was asked why I didn't then return to my previous position after dealing with this. Proceeded to ask why I had left any other prior jobs as well and if I felt I had made the right choice...was extremely uncomfortable.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

There are about 4 steps to the entire interviewing process.
     1. Written Evaluation 2. Phone Interview 3. Group interview 4. Final interview/Offer

1. This is to see how your written skills are. There is one question (about yourself) and you have 30 minutes.

2. During this interview, you will have to do some role-playing, and they will ask you standard interview questions.

3. The group interview had many components: group exercise (a), a standard interview (b), another written evaluation (c) and more roleplaying (d).
    A. It's a simple game. Just work together.
    B. You will meet with two other leads (managers) to do a standard sit down interview.
    C. You have several mock customer emails to respond to. It can range from a customer complaining about bad service, to a person dissatisfied with the quality of an item. This is timed as well.
    D. More phone role-playing scenarios!

4. If they think you are a good fit, they will call you to come in for a final interview, which is basically you accepting their offer.

TIP: Keep in mind, you may not get these specific scenarios/questions but you always want the customer to be happy in the end. They also love the word feedback so try to incorporate that word at least once.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M? Why did you apply here?   1 Answer
    • How can you keep yourself motivated and not get bored at work?   Answer Question
    • Tell a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stress in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you reacted when a manager gave you feedback and how you do react when you're giving feedback you don't agree with?   Answer Question
    • Respond to this scenario. A cashier accidentally forgot to return a customers ID. The customer is calling from an hour away and they cant make it back to the store.   Answer Question
    • Respond to this scenario. A cashier forgot to take a sensor off a garment and the customer is trying to wear it in a couple of hours.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Towson, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very standard and quick , I had a phone interview Tuesday & then was asked to come in for a face to face that Thursday, when I got there I was asked by the hiring manager to pick out an outfit for a concert & then I had 2 interviews one with a hiring manager and another with the store manager & I was hired on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had 3 interviews phone interview, in person interview and a follow up in person interview, They were all pretty easy going interviews and the generally all ask the same questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was exactly 30 minutes. Wasn't what I expected at all, the questions were different in my opinion. The interviewer asked 4-5 questions. The interviewer tried to get to know us better didn't ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion Inspiration from?   Answer Question
    • What's one piece you must have in your closet for the winter?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had a confrontation/disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • What don't you like about your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Newport News, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called by the manager and was given an easy phone interview about 10 minutes long and then was scheduled for an in-person interview two days later. I showed up on time and was greeted by the store manager and taken immediately into the back. The interview with her was professional, easy-going, and friendly. She seemed very knowledgeable and interested in me as a candidate. She told me after the interview that they would call me in a couple of days in order to schedule another interview. I was called for another interview a couple of days later and the interview was set for a week later. I was five minutes early for my second interview with a different manager (district or regional, I don't remember) and when I introduced myself he seemed annoyed that I was there. I waited 10 minutes for him to interview me. When I was following him, he said to his employees, "Got another one!" referring to me and one of the employees said, "Please! Not another girl." Which I thought was rude. The interview started smoothly and professional until I mentioned that my hobby was writing, and that prompted him to speak about his friend's writing and how astrological signs affect a person's writing for about ten minutes. It took a lot of time up and while he did get back on topic for the job interview, I thought that was strange. He also took a phone call during the interview and mentioned how he doesn't like people. At the end, he asked me how much I thought I was worth, which didn't seem like an appropriate question to me. After 3 weeks of the process, me spending my time to drive up to the store two times and give them my time for an interview, I was never given a rejection email or call. Very strange and unprofessional to me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online first at a couple of stores, then I got a email first about moving forward from the recruiter, then two in person interviews. One with the department manager and one with the store manager

Interview Questions

• Why should I receive higher pay?   1 Answer
    • Why do I want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Where do I want to move within the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview. We were all asked the same questions and answered individually. We were given our own set of building blocks and told to build whatever we wanted in 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work retail?   2 Answers

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very simple all you had to do was be yourself, don't shy yourself, and wear something that compliments you and makes you feel during the interview.