H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017
1,045 Interview Reviews

2.5

Interview

There was an extremely large pool of applicants, and I knowing someone who worked at the company helped get my resume to the top of the pile. I heard back a couple weeks later and went in for an interview. It was very standard and straight forward. If you speak clearly and positively, you'll do well. In addition to this, dressing well for the interview and knowing current trends is very important.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

1. Phone call
    2. In person interview
    3. Second in person interview
    4. Offer
    This is the ideal process, meaning you hit all the right marks, answered the questions honestly, as well as prove you have something to contribute to the company.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR department asking me why I am interested in this particular position and if I have a similar experience. They also asked me about my immigration status given that I have a foreign passport.

PT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Apply online at hm.careers . com then they'll call you for a brief over the phone interview about availability and why h&m. Technically, that would be interview 1. Interview 2 is a more personal interview with the HR, and they ask you similar and more in depth questions. Then a third interview is a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in February 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone screening with one of the district managers which was about 10 minutes. Just simple questions about work history, availability and why you wanna work at h&m. After that she scheduled an in person interview immedialty and I was scheduled for it in 5 days. The second interview was with the other department manager and she basically asked the same questions but wanted more detail and wanted to learn more about my work history. I then filled out a background check paper and the first department manager called me to schedule a second in person meeting. She asked me about my availability and offered me the job that same day. We then went over wages and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is one opportunity you missed out on working at your old job?   Answer Question

Sells Adviser Interview

Application

Interview

Technically 3 interviews. The first one is a 15 minute phone call. I've had about three different ones for different locations so I pretty much caught on: the first one was awkward and I guess it depends who you speak with and what their vibe is like. Asked questions like why you wanted to work there availability and pay...then offered me an interview. The second phone call I had for another location was much harder to be honest. She asked me if there is anything I would change at H&m and what would it be. The third one from the other location was a lot more relaxing and fun. It all depends who interviews you. Same questions.

Then there's the face to face. I didn't go to the first two locations but went to the last location and it was fun. It was one on one and really relaxing. Filled out background information and five days later got a call for a third interview a couple days later.

The third interview really isn't a interview more like a you got the job and filling out paper work.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you would change at H&m?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M in February 2017.

Interview

They sent an email a few days after I applied telling me to contact a recruiter to set up a phone interview, which happened a week later and only lated 30 minutes. After that interview they asked if I would like to set up a second interview with the store manager and the district recruiter. Which happened a week after the phone interview and lasted approximately a hour. Then was offered a job on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Queens Village, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on there website. Then I received a email from them not very long after. Email confirmed my application and had consisted of the interview destination and the time. The interview was very open. A person asked several questions face to face and they send another email after the interview confirming whether they accept you or not.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a long process. I initially applied in Feb and I got the offer in June. I went though 5 different interviews including an hour phone call as the firts interview, Followed by an open house/ one on one interview with the potentioal store manager and HR member for the district, then a group assessment ( activity), followed by which was supposed to be an offer interview with the store Manager, followed by another offer min interview

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&M in February 2017.

Interview

I flew in for an interview and never heard back. The least they could do after I paid for a plane fare across the country is let me know I didn't get the position, instead they left we wondering for weeks until I decided I didn't get it. I have interviewed with them a second time as well and had several phone interviews with recruiters, gone to hiring events, etc. They really jerk you around and make you jump through a lot of hoops just to not be interested. I should add that at the time I already had this same title with another company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have received negative feedback from your employer and what was your response.   Answer Question