H&M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.5

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

The first step of the process was to send in an application online. Cover letter, CV + grades from uni and high school. Once passed this step, I did three tests online, numerical, logial and sorting sort of test. Passed this and then followed by a 30 min phone interview. Once passed, I was invited to a 5 hour assessment day at the HQ office in Stockholm. Three different interviews with HR, a current controller and one part with "case-studies". Once passed here I did to two larger personality test, later on evaluated togerher with an external (not H&M emoployee) HR/ psykologist. Once evaluated and also passed , I was invited to the final interview with in my case, two managers.

Interview Questions

• What advice would you give the CEO if you met in the elevator?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It them 3 weeks to get bac to me...the process was fairly easy and simple and there was a brief group assessment. After there is paid training and orientation. They also perform a background check

Interview Questions

• I don't think there were any difficult questions that were asked but more so common questions like why do you want to work for H&M   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on their career website. A few days later I received a phone call where I conducted a phone interview. Several days after that, I scheduled an in person interview with a department manager and store manager. They said they would submit my background check, and call me when it clears!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in September 2016.

Interview

The process was very fast ! took close to 2 weeks , very straight forward. First you receive a phone call that takes about 15 minutes its basically a phone screening/interview if they like you they will set you up for an interview with one of the managers at the store , at the end of that interview you will fill out background check papers takes a week for the background check and then you get the final interview with the main store manager and at the end she/he offers you the job.

Interview Questions

• What is good costumer service to you ?
      Tell me about a past bad experience with a costumer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hartford, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New Hartford, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview went great but it's the hiring process that is really long. 4 interviews in total and then you gotta wait for the background check. The guy told me it's a 4-6 week process. As of now im just waiting for a call back.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A week later got a phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview where I was asked basic customer service questions. It took about half hour and was told right then that I was hired. It took me about 3 weeks to finally start.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when a customer was being difficult? What did you do?   Answer Question

District Facility Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email to setup a phone interview with the recruiter. Store interview and then group interview back in October. Haven't heard back since and sent two follow up emails.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied to an open position online. I got a call back from an assistant manager 2-3 weeks later asking if I had time for a 15-minute phone interview-- we conducted that interview immediately. This interview was largely behavioral (my past work/customer service experience), but also some questions probing my passion for fashion-- e.g. what my style of dress is, how I decide what to wear based on my mood, etc. The interviewer liked my responses and asked me to call back with my availability for an in-person interview with the store manager.

Store manager interview was very similar, but less questions about my fashion and more in depth on how I've conducted myself in my past customer-facing jobs. I again was informed that the interview had gone well and that the store manager wanted to schedule me for a final interview with one of the department managers. I was also asked to submit to a background check at this point.

This last interview was the hardest: while previous interviews focused on my prior experience, attitude, and behavioral questions, it was in the department manager interview where they asked more open-ended questions about how I saw the brand, what I can add H&M, etc. I could have done better on these questions, but I think the endorsements of the prior interviewers was heavily considered. At the end of this third interview I was immediately offered a job and invited to come to my orientation + first day of training the next day.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult situation with a customer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I went to a job fair interview that they were having and overall they welcomed me very kindly as I awaited for my turn since it was first come first served. When it was my turn I then was interviewed by 2 people who asked me several questions over my job experience, availability, what I would do in certain situations, and why I would want to work with them. I then received another call 2 days later for a 2nd interview where they asked me more of what I am like and what I would I would provide and do in particular scenarios.

Interview Questions

• If I were to go to the store looking for a party dress, how would you help me out in determining my purchase?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Moorestown, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I had to do a phone screen with one of the department managers which lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me about my resume and asked me to explain my qualifications. Very cool phone interview. Then I was asked to come in for a 2nd interview which wasn't really an interview. I just chatted with her for 10 minutes and I think she just wanted to see my appearance. She was very sweet. I filled out a background check form and they told me if my background check clears then I will be called in for a 3rd interview. It takes about a week for the background check.

I was called in for my 3rd interview which was actually the job offer. Very relaxed process for me personally. A little advice, when you do the phone screen make sure you are very bubbly and excited. Having a bright smile and a great personality is a must!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M?
      Describe your fashion style?
      How do you keep up with fashion trends?
      Describe a difficult work situation and how did you overcome it?
      Out of all your jobs, which one was your favorite?
      Answer Question