H&M Part Time Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Part Time Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.3

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got a call for a phone interview and after that they invited me for an in store interview. They ask you basic interview questions about past experiences. They said they'd call in 3 days which they did for a second in person interview and when I got to that one they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

There was an extremely large pool of applicants, and I knowing someone who worked at the company helped get my resume to the top of the pile. I heard back a couple weeks later and went in for an interview. It was very standard and straight forward. If you speak clearly and positively, you'll do well. In addition to this, dressing well for the interview and knowing current trends is very important.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M in February 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone screening with one of the district managers which was about 10 minutes. Just simple questions about work history, availability and why you wanna work at h&m. After that she scheduled an in person interview immedialty and I was scheduled for it in 5 days. The second interview was with the other department manager and she basically asked the same questions but wanted more detail and wanted to learn more about my work history. I then filled out a background check paper and the first department manager called me to schedule a second in person meeting. She asked me about my availability and offered me the job that same day. We then went over wages and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What is one opportunity you missed out on working at your old job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Livingston, NJ).

Interview

I met with the store manager and the assistant store manager. We went to the back room of the store, and they asked me various questions about my experiences with customer service, cash handling, and my communication skills with coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to give a manager feedback, and how did you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

I applied about a month ago. Got an email 3 weeks ago asking to call to schedule an interview. Called & scheduled. The first interview was okay, questions were easy to answer . 2nd interview the week after wasn't basically the same thing just a different person. They called me back for the 3rd interview yesterday and I did the interview today. which was the job offer. I'm so happy I'm apart of the H&M family now! Plus the managers that interviewed me were AWESOME! :)

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied Online. 3 weeks later I recieved an email telling me they were interested and to call the manager of the store. I called him, set up the interview for the next day. Went into the interview, waiting around for a while before they came and got me. Interview took about 30 minutes or so. He wrote down basically every word I said. Pretty sure he wrote down my volunteering experience as a job, which I hope does not affect my background check. Did all the paperwork for the background check, and then was emailed an hour later due to them not putting down my birth date, and needing that information. Was told the background check takes about a week so now I am just waiting to hear back. Overall, great interview. I am 19, so my experience is limited but hopefully doesn't make me unqualified.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&M (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Not sure when I applied for this actually position so once I received the phone call for an phone interview the hiring process was pretty easy and fast after that. I received the unexpected call on a Saturday evening. Phone interview was about 15-20 minutes basically explaining my previous and current work experience and availability. After ending that interview call, I received another phone call from another supervisor and was asked to come in the next day (Sunday) for a one on one interview (with another supervisor).
    Arrived for my interview 10 minutes early (my interview was scheduled for 3) but still didn't meet up the supervisor who was conducting the interview until about 3:15. The supervisor was so nice and made me feel comfortable immediately. She started out by telling me her work experience and how she ended up at H&M. I then was asked about my work history again but went more into depth about my positions and duties. Was asked about my availability again. Overall interview as very easy and relaxing. I was then handed a background check form to fill out and asked to come back in the following Tuesday to speak with the store manager.
    Store manager was also very welcoming and nice. Was asked about work history again, why I wanted to work at H&M, my availability, and a couple more questions. I was offered the job, talked about hourly rate, hours per week I was available to work, and told I would get a call when my background check came back so I could come back and start my paperwork and training.

I have a 9-5 job and was looking for a part-time to work evenings and weekends. They are really looking for people to fill in those hours and I think with my work history and hours I can work was why I got hired as quickly as I did.

So from my phone interview I got hired from my first interview but needed to meet with the Store manager to finalize everything. All questions were pretty easy. Just be yourself and not overthink it while selling yourself. Cant wait to start!

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important position in the store?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at H&M?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just be yourself. I was told that they start you off making $10.00 so when asked how much I wanted to make I told her not less than $11.00 and surprising she said they start out making $11.50.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

it was great and really easy as long as you act enthusiastic make sure you tell them you want to move up in the company and that you love their line of clothes also be slight familiar with their history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Westminster, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a series of interviews at the H&M I applied at. The first interview was a phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes long. When that was done I was asked to come into the store for another interview. I went in to that interview, and it lasted about 30 minutes. The lady seemed to really like me and my responses to her questions. At the end of that interview she made me fill out some paperwork for a background check. A week or so after that interview, I was called again because the background check cleared and they wanted to talk to me again in person, and I was also told they would make their decision. Again I went in for the interview and thought I did pretty well with my interview. At the end of this 3rd interview I was asked to step out of the room so the two interviewers could talk. I thought they were making their decision, but instead, when they came out of the room and they said they would want me to come in for another interview. Apparently they were just discussing times for me to come into the store...that's what I was told anyway. The two ladies told me I'd receive a call later that day to set up a time for that interview. I waited the rest of the day, the day after that, and actually didn't hear from anyone until a week after I had my 3rd interview. And when I say I "heard" from someone I mean I received an email from the company saying I wasn't hired instead of talking from an actual person.

I'm very disappointed in their hiring process. It seems rather lengthy and too intense for a store that sells cheap clothes and isn't high end at all.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions....how would I handle a yelling customer, who would I help first, how do I handle conflict with another employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Daytona Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on their career website. A few days later I received a phone call where I conducted a phone interview. Several days after that, I scheduled an in person interview with a department manager and store manager. They said they would submit my background check, and call me when it clears!