H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M in March 2017.

Interview

In my case, there was only one interview to show them my personaility and why I would be a great fit for the company. The interview was a group setting. It consisted of three candidates (including myself) and two department managers. It was relaxed and not stressful at all. Prior to getting invited to the interview, I was asked about my availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service?

Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it?

What is one thing you would change about H&M and why?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and within a week I received a phone call. I first went through a quick phone interview with the store manager. Next, I was asked to come in for a interview. And then the day after next, I received another phone call from one of the department managers to come in for a 2nd interview the next day. When, I went in for the 2nd interview I was just asked 2 questions & then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your current work place.
      2. What can you contribute to our team?
      3. Why H&M?
      1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Process took about 3 to 4 weeks. I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later. Phone screen was about 15 to 20 min basically job history scenario questions. I asked to do a face to face meeting the following week at a panera bread bc the store isn't open yet. Did a face to face then got called for a second face to face same questions as before. Got a phone call a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations pay is above market rate!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an over the phone interview with a really nice manager which took 15 minutes than i was offered a second interveiw in which i did about 6 days ago i also was given a background check still waiting on their call

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application, got called in for an interview about 5 days later. The inverview lasted about 30 minutes. then got called in again for a "second interview" and was hired without any second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Joliet, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

This process was a 3 week process in my case. I had filled out an online application a couple weeks before I had received a phone call from H&M. So I received a phone call from the hiring manager at H&M asking if I wanted to do a phone interview because he had a few questions about my application. I accepted. The phone interview lasted for about 15-25 minutes, he asked me about availability, past/current jobs and why do I want to work at H&M. Afterwards I was offered a face to face interview and to come in a few days later. In the face to fave interview we went over basically everything he asked me over the phone just in more detail, he also told me a little about himself during the interview as well. After the face to face I filled out a background check and was told that it can take up to 1-2 weeks to clear and I will receive a phone call when it does. So I let a week and 3 days go by and decided to give them a phone call just so I can make sure no one forgot about me lol. By chance the hiring manager had picked up and told me to come in for another face to face interview (which would have been my 3rd interview) and that I would be interviewing with him and the store manager. At the 3rd and final interview, we went over the same things as the first face to face interview plus asking how much would you like to get paid and how many hours were you looking for. After that they step out for a few to basically discuss if they want to hire you or not. Thankfully I got offered the job and gladly accepted. And they pay wayy above minimum wage so that's a plus too. Just a tip: don't dress in business casual clothing just be yourself. 😊

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a long wait until I could meet a manager. At first I was determined to get that job but I asked myself how can I be different. I had to be me and just relax.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever like fast fashion?and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Stamford, CT).

Interview

It them 3 weeks to get bac to me...the process was fairly easy and simple and there was a brief group assessment. After there is paid training and orientation. They also perform a background check

Interview Questions

• I don't think there were any difficult questions that were asked but more so common questions like why do you want to work for H&M   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Moorestown, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I had to do a phone screen with one of the department managers which lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me about my resume and asked me to explain my qualifications. Very cool phone interview. Then I was asked to come in for a 2nd interview which wasn't really an interview. I just chatted with her for 10 minutes and I think she just wanted to see my appearance. She was very sweet. I filled out a background check form and they told me if my background check clears then I will be called in for a 3rd interview. It takes about a week for the background check.

I was called in for my 3rd interview which was actually the job offer. Very relaxed process for me personally. A little advice, when you do the phone screen make sure you are very bubbly and excited. Having a bright smile and a great personality is a must!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M?
      Describe your fashion style?
      How do you keep up with fashion trends?
      Describe a difficult work situation and how did you overcome it?
      Out of all your jobs, which one was your favorite?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in July 2016.
    I received an email informing of an initial interview in person. It was a group interview. They called me back the same day asking me to do a second interview. Again it was a group interview, although this time very fun and unexpected. In the first part they asked us to interact with each other, asking scenario based questions. The second part of interview was an exercise to understand how we work in a team, our ability to multi-task and work under pressure. After a couple days they called me for the third interview. This time it was one-on-one and she asked me a couple questions about my experience and my availability. At the end of the interview she gave me an offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for H&M?
      When was a time that you had a bad customer and how did you handle them?
      2 Answers