H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

225 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

just had my interview today and yes it was group and yes it was nervewracking at first. especially for me because i have never done a group interview before. the interview was conducted by the hiring recruiter and in the form of an open dicussion: meaning she threw a question out there and whoever wanted to answer first or second or even last does so. it doesnt matter who jumps at the question first, because this is not a competitive environment and she made that known. before starting, she said "i know group interviews are competitive, but its not like that for this. i have a home for everyone, this isn't hunting season." meaning, if you all fit the h&m values, you all get the job tbh. at first, i was very nervous. there were two other candidates along with me and two other managers along with the hiring recruiter. a total of six people in the room and speaking in front of everyone did trigger my fear of public speaking but i overcame it quickly. its all about calming yourself down tbh. it aint that bad, after the 2nd question i felt relaxed. the questions were very easy for me, especially since i have experience with interviews and h&m asks you the standard questions everyone else does tbh. she asked situational questions and she had to have asked at least 5-7 of them. she said she will keep in touch through email or a phone call and unfortunately i got an email saying that i didn't get it. i was upset because i thought i nailed it and i love h&m, ugh i wish i got the job. good luck to anyone else trying to get hired here as well! be yourself and dress in your style!

Interview Questions

• tell me a time where you had to be creative with an obstacle? why do you love h&m? how important is team work to you? how do you think your role as a sales advisor will affect the store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Newark, DE) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email about calling the store for a phone interview . Had the phone interview thr next day, was asked about my retail experience, why i want to work there. Next day i met the department manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you work better in a group or alone?
      Whats your availability?
      Ever had a leadership role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was casual and easy going. It seemed as though it was going well after I got called in for a second interview but sadly I did not recieve a call back or notice of not getting the job. Both interviews were group style.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever come across trouble working with a coworker?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M in March 2017.

Interview

In my case, there was only one interview to show them my personaility and why I would be a great fit for the company. The interview was a group setting. It consisted of three candidates (including myself) and two department managers. It was relaxed and not stressful at all. Prior to getting invited to the interview, I was asked about my availability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went out of your way to provide excellent customer service?

Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it?

What is one thing you would change about H&M and why?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online and within a week I received a phone call. I first went through a quick phone interview with the store manager. Next, I was asked to come in for a interview. And then the day after next, I received another phone call from one of the department managers to come in for a 2nd interview the next day. When, I went in for the 2nd interview I was just asked 2 questions & then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your current work place.
      2. What can you contribute to our team?
      3. Why H&M?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Process took about 3 to 4 weeks. I applied online and got a phone call 2 weeks later. Phone screen was about 15 to 20 min basically job history scenario questions. I asked to do a face to face meeting the following week at a panera bread bc the store isn't open yet. Did a face to face then got called for a second face to face same questions as before. Got a phone call a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need for negotiations pay is above market rate!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an over the phone interview with a really nice manager which took 15 minutes than i was offered a second interveiw in which i did about 6 days ago i also was given a background check still waiting on their call

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application, got called in for an interview about 5 days later. The inverview lasted about 30 minutes. then got called in again for a "second interview" and was hired without any second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Joliet, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

This process was a 3 week process in my case. I had filled out an online application a couple weeks before I had received a phone call from H&M. So I received a phone call from the hiring manager at H&M asking if I wanted to do a phone interview because he had a few questions about my application. I accepted. The phone interview lasted for about 15-25 minutes, he asked me about availability, past/current jobs and why do I want to work at H&M. Afterwards I was offered a face to face interview and to come in a few days later. In the face to fave interview we went over basically everything he asked me over the phone just in more detail, he also told me a little about himself during the interview as well. After the face to face I filled out a background check and was told that it can take up to 1-2 weeks to clear and I will receive a phone call when it does. So I let a week and 3 days go by and decided to give them a phone call just so I can make sure no one forgot about me lol. By chance the hiring manager had picked up and told me to come in for another face to face interview (which would have been my 3rd interview) and that I would be interviewing with him and the store manager. At the 3rd and final interview, we went over the same things as the first face to face interview plus asking how much would you like to get paid and how many hours were you looking for. After that they step out for a few to basically discuss if they want to hire you or not. Thankfully I got offered the job and gladly accepted. And they pay wayy above minimum wage so that's a plus too. Just a tip: don't dress in business casual clothing just be yourself. 😊

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a long wait until I could meet a manager. At first I was determined to get that job but I asked myself how can I be different. I had to be me and just relax.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever like fast fashion?and why?   1 Answer