H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at H&M

2.4

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Went to open interviews, did a brief interview with management and was to be placed in several locations (you select where you'd be open to and a list in order of where you'd prefer to be most)

Interview Questions

• Questions involve why would you like to work for hm? sales experience? team work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied for a job in two stores in San Jose on a web site. Had several years' previous experience in customer service in similar to sales field. Never got a feedback from H&M, no call. Have no idea what are they looking for in a candidate if I'm a bad fit. The questionary is large and takes some time to fill it up, so waste of time. Too bad, used to shop there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

interview went smooth. new store was opening up in the mall and they had a bunch of people in for group interviews and then a panel interview. typical retail questions

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The first interview is over the phone. If they call back the second is in person. There is also a third but I have yet to take it. Just did the background check waiting for their call.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?
      How do you achieve a goal?
      How do you stay motivated?
      Tell me about a time you had to work in a group and how did it go?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with lots of tasks? and how did you accomplish them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Glendale, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Apply Online. If you pass all the tests online then you are green lit. You will receive a call within 3-4 days to be phone screened. Speak fluently and professionally, answer the questions with confidence. After you are phone screened you will get an Interview date set up before the call is over (if you did ver well) if not in a couple of days after they review their nots and choose the "best" from the bunch. If you receive that second phone call it's to set up an interview. Take it at the time given (try not to reschedule) because only certain managers are in charge of the hiring process and if they cant put you in their calendar they will toss your paperwork away (for availability issues). Anyways when you come in for your interview make sure you are dressed nice, semi professional. Bring a notebook to "take notes" lol play the part. I'm serious. Have a good smile, good personality and confidence you will be in. If you aren't given an offer right then and there then you are either out or they have other candidates that they need to interview before they make a final decision. If it comes to that it shouldn't take longer than 5 business days to receive another call for a second interview with another manager. Again just smile, be confident and have a good personality. The questions they ask are generic but in between the whole process they ask other question to try and get to know the person you are. Just have fun with it. If you can make them laugh, then you are definitely in. You will be given an offer after the second interview. If not, then I'm sorry to say but they are "moving forward".

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you an offer but even if you're happy with the number don't be scared to ask for $1 more. If you play your cards right you can negotiate and settle in the middle or more. Don't push it though.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and within a week the Department manager had a phone interview 1 on 1 with myself just to get to know me as a person. Asked about previous work experience, what I've done to contribute to my previous job and what I've learned from working. Before the interview was over he had asked me if I could come in the following Wednesday. I was ecstatic.

Did a lot of research here and other places just to get an idea of what they were looking for. (Highly reccommend)

When I came in for my next interview at the store I was interviews by 2 department managers. They both asked questions, one more that the other since the other was taking notes. I've been in retail for 3 years and luckily landed a management position so I had an idea of what they were looking for since I've held interviews myself. They were very welcoming and had put a lot of emphasis on growing within the company. They also gave a brief history of their experience with working with the company which was enjoyable.

3 days later another manager had called me in to schedule another interview and they had also asked me to bring bank information (direct deposit purpose) and 2 ID verifications. Came in again the following Wednesday and 6 of us came in and I thought it would of been another interview but it was introducing ourselves and getting to learn a bit more about working for the company and then we signed paperwork for employment. We all got the job! Which was cool.

Interview Questions

• How was the transition from transferring from a low volume store to a high volume store as a manager?   1 Answer
    • Tell Me About Yourself   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to make an executive decision without the store manager, we're the outcomes positive or negative?   Answer Question
    • Why H&M?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you gave an outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered more than minimum wage which was surprising, even though this wasn't a management position I asked for more. Talked it over and even though I didn't get what I had asked they gave me .10 cents more than our agreement number.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

We had a group interview 7am we were asked questions one by one and then called separately and I was offered a job. Not everyone made it. And then I was giving my pay rate and hours and an address for my paid orientation scheduled a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for h&m?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied one morning to H&M and that same day later on I got a call saying if I would interview in the next few days. I accepted and was punctual like she said to be. The interview was simple and easy and after that she told me she was going to notify me if I got the job or not. I did not go through a phone interview nor group interview which was weird because of all the reviews I read. A few days later I got a e-mail saying I was not excepted ):

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First time I got interview was in 2013 and I got interviewed again in the same store in 2014 and I got hired then, it was smooth and fun. Over all i had 3 interview. The store manager that interview me and hired me was looking for someone will open availability and i didn't had because I was going to school, but i lie about being available everyday, which is why I got hired. The only thing that I didn't like was that it took them month to call me back from 2013 summer time till march 2014

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We both agree for the pay rate for $10 hr
    Because I never worked in a fashionable retail store before

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Danbury, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

complete online hiring tool, depending on your score and availability you get a call for a phone screen. if you pass the phone screen you show up for your first interview. if you pass first interview they have you fill out background check, if you pass you get a second interview. usually hired during the third interview.

Interview Questions

• questions depend on experience- most common question asked is: Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer, what happened and how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question