H&M Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

267 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a few hours later asking to chat over the phone. Went through a 10-15 minute phone screening where they asked me about my availability and my resume then got invited to an in-person interview the next day. At the in-person interview I met 2 managers and they asked me pretty basic retail questions. The managers were really chill and made me feel super comfortable. After they interviewed me, they left the room to deliberate for a few minutes and came back to offer me the job and have me fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

Interviewing process is different for everyone. But one thing I know for sure is that they always have at least two interviews. I may or may not be with the same person.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online and about week or so later you get a call from H&M saying they want to do a phone screening. They interview you over the phone and ask very brief questions about availability, previous work experience, and customer service questions. If they like you the schedule you in for a second interview. In the second interview they go more in depth about your work experience and more of the basic interview questions.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

I applied online and got a response about a day or two later to set up a phone screening. The screening took place the day after I responded.

It was more of a phone interview than just a screening, I was asked about 5-7 questions. Questions were about my personal style, my previous job, what I would do in certain situations, and some were just restating a few of the questions I had to answer in my application. At the end of the screening I was asked to come in person for an interview in a few days.

The in person interview was a bit more stressful and professional. The questions here were mostly about previous work experience (Like, I left my previous job without having a new one lined up yet and they wanted to know about that, etc.) and what I know and expect from H&M. They also rehashed a few behavioral questions from my phone interview. I thought that I bombed, but was given a second interview for two days later at the end. Regardless, I recommend doing your research beforehand, I definitely felt like I didn't look into the company enough.

The second interview more or less seems to mean you got the job. It's mostly about what you want from a workplace, how you want to be trained, and what your general working style is. It was more or less just a quick personality rundown to make sure you'll fit in well in a workplace. About twenty minutes in I was given the job and had to fill out some paperwork.

Overall, not to sound cliche, but the best advice I can give really is be yourself and really let your personality shine. You're going to deal with customers all day, so being your brightest during the lengthy interview process goes a long way. Beyond that, do some research and know what to expect, look into H&M's values, and understand some of their policies.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style?   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question
    • How do you like to be trained at a new workplace?   Answer Question
    • What made you interested in H&M?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about H&M?   Answer Question
    • If three customers were in line to be checked out, two customers were in the fitting room, and you were the only employee present to handle this, what would you prioritize?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I filled out an online application and about a week later received a phone call. They did a quick phone interview asking me the basic get to know question.
    After the phone interview was completed, they decided to set up a in person interview.
    When I came in the next day for my in person interview, the person I was interviewing with they had no idea where she was.
    When they finally found her, she had said the previous group of new hires was supposed to start at 2:30 but did not start until 4:30 which was the time of my interview and the lady told me I would have to wait a half hour before my interview.
    When she told me that, I was not pleased at all and when she went back into the room I decided to leave

Interview Questions

• What is some positive and negative feedback that you can give so we can improve our store   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (White Plains, NY).

Interview

So unprofessional and unorganized went there on the day of my interview they ask me can I rescheduled i said sure, went there again and they ask me the same thing at this point i said forget it. Why call me for a interview if you keep asking me to reschedule. I forgot that the employees were rude and the store was messy.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had 3 interviews phone interview, in person interview and a follow up in person interview, They were all pretty easy going interviews and the generally all ask the same questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was exactly 30 minutes. Wasn't what I expected at all, the questions were different in my opinion. The interviewer asked 4-5 questions. The interviewer tried to get to know us better didn't ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion Inspiration from?   Answer Question
    • What's one piece you must have in your closet for the winter?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had a confrontation/disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • What don't you like about your current job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Newport News, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was called by the manager and was given an easy phone interview about 10 minutes long and then was scheduled for an in-person interview two days later. I showed up on time and was greeted by the store manager and taken immediately into the back. The interview with her was professional, easy-going, and friendly. She seemed very knowledgeable and interested in me as a candidate. She told me after the interview that they would call me in a couple of days in order to schedule another interview. I was called for another interview a couple of days later and the interview was set for a week later. I was five minutes early for my second interview with a different manager (district or regional, I don't remember) and when I introduced myself he seemed annoyed that I was there. I waited 10 minutes for him to interview me. When I was following him, he said to his employees, "Got another one!" referring to me and one of the employees said, "Please! Not another girl." Which I thought was rude. The interview started smoothly and professional until I mentioned that my hobby was writing, and that prompted him to speak about his friend's writing and how astrological signs affect a person's writing for about ten minutes. It took a lot of time up and while he did get back on topic for the job interview, I thought that was strange. He also took a phone call during the interview and mentioned how he doesn't like people. At the end, he asked me how much I thought I was worth, which didn't seem like an appropriate question to me. After 3 weeks of the process, me spending my time to drive up to the store two times and give them my time for an interview, I was never given a rejection email or call. Very strange and unprofessional to me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview. We were all asked the same questions and answered individually. We were given our own set of building blocks and told to build whatever we wanted in 3 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work retail?   2 Answers