H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Went smooth! Quick and to the point. Great Questions and very calming environment. The hiring manager was very informative and knowlegable about the job. The interview room was very neat and clean and the employees all looked happy to be there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, detailed multiple choice assessment and had group interview
     In addition to asking the regular questions, there was a group activity to walk around, critique the store to tell managers what to improve.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

It was simple, asked a couple questions, threw a senerio and asked how we would handle the situation. They said they would call me but never did so instead I took initative to call them and told me I had gotten the job but I guess their call hadnt gone through. I have been with the company now for a year and a half and cant complain, i mean its retail.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great asset to the team?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at H&M in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back within a week, asked me a couple questions, was not given an interview since they were looking for someone who could be there for a year minimum.

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Strongsville, OH).

Interview

This is a very wham, bam, thank you ma'am interview. It's absolutely typical of most entry level interviews with very few intentionally confusing or jarring questions. If you google typical interview questions and answers, you'll see most of what they are asking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very interesting. The first interview was a group interview with 4 other people and the manager just asked us basic questions. After answering she told us to go around the store to write down anything interesting we notice. After that she told us to look forward to an email. The interview was about 30-45 minutes long and I got a second interview at another location where they tested us with brainstoriming and team work games. I didnt get in but that was hectic.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you had a difficult customer and how did you help him/her.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

2 interviews over 2 weeks e.g. Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion? Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion   1 Answer
    • Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them   Answer Question
    • What is your fashion style and do you shop at H&M?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process was expedited since I was referred by an employee. The interviewer asked me questions regarding my customer service skills and previous sales experience. I was notified that I received the job 2 days after my walk in interview.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is upset and trying to return an item but has no receipt, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Queens Village, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on there website. Then I received a email from them not very long after. Email confirmed my application and had consisted of the interview destination and the time. The interview was very open. A person asked several questions face to face and they send another email after the interview confirming whether they accept you or not.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Boise, ID).

Interview

Applied online, waited a week and didn't hear back. Called the store I applied for and had an on the spot phone interview with the store manager. Set up a on site interview for the following week. First interview I answered questions regarding my previous retail experience and personal values. Second interview I answered the same questions with a different person and at the end i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your values?   1 Answer
    • Do you believe in being straight forward?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer