H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at H&M in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back within a week, asked me a couple questions, was not given an interview since they were looking for someone who could be there for a year minimum.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Strongsville, OH).

Interview

This is a very wham, bam, thank you ma'am interview. It's absolutely typical of most entry level interviews with very few intentionally confusing or jarring questions. If you google typical interview questions and answers, you'll see most of what they are asking.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

It was very interesting. The first interview was a group interview with 4 other people and the manager just asked us basic questions. After answering she told us to go around the store to write down anything interesting we notice. After that she told us to look forward to an email. The interview was about 30-45 minutes long and I got a second interview at another location where they tested us with brainstoriming and team work games. I didnt get in but that was hectic.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time where you had a difficult customer and how did you help him/her.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

2 interviews over 2 weeks e.g. Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion? Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion   Answer Question
    • Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them   Answer Question
    • What is your fashion style and do you shop at H&M?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process was expedited since I was referred by an employee. The interviewer asked me questions regarding my customer service skills and previous sales experience. I was notified that I received the job 2 days after my walk in interview.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is upset and trying to return an item but has no receipt, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Queens Village, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on there website. Then I received a email from them not very long after. Email confirmed my application and had consisted of the interview destination and the time. The interview was very open. A person asked several questions face to face and they send another email after the interview confirming whether they accept you or not.

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Boise, ID).

Interview

Applied online, waited a week and didn't hear back. Called the store I applied for and had an on the spot phone interview with the store manager. Set up a on site interview for the following week. First interview I answered questions regarding my previous retail experience and personal values. Second interview I answered the same questions with a different person and at the end i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your values?   1 Answer
    • Do you believe in being straight forward?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M in November 2016.

Interview

I was actually interviewed over the phone (about 30 minutes) by the Store Manager. She was sweet and we hit it off. A day later i was asked to come in for the interview in person. We had fun, we talked, for easy going interview. I was then contacted about 3 days later for a 2nd interview. She informed me that ususally the 2nd interview is to be with the the manager but since she had conducted all my interviews this was a formality and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its an easy going environment. So relax have fun. Be professional but its a regail job with a great atmosphere so incorporate that and you'll be golden.

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (Wellington, FL).

Interview

The supervisor called me for a phone interview out of the blue without emailing me what time would be best, later get called in to do an at store interview. There was probably 7 people in the interview (new store). It went hysterically. We were building from toy blocks of who can build the highest the fastest. We were garment folding and placing garments on a rack neatly and as fast as possible. Pretty sure this doesn't happen in ever H&M interview, but because we were a group and applied to a new store opening, they wanted to make it interesting.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Disney movie? Why should we hire you? What will you bring to H&M? What did you do when a customer acts out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Ysidro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Ysidro, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a long process, consisted in 3-4 interviews. I first applied online and took my resume into the store. After that I was contacted for an over the phone interview. After that, I was asked to come in two more times, and on the third time I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to H&M?   1 Answer