H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&M Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M.

Interview

2 interviews over 2 weeks e.g. Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion? Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit and what is your experience with sales in fast fashion   Answer Question
  • Customer service challenge you faced and how you solved them   Answer Question
  • What is your fashion style and do you shop at H&M?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The hiring process was expedited since I was referred by an employee. The interviewer asked me questions regarding my customer service skills and previous sales experience. I was notified that I received the job 2 days after my walk in interview.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is upset and trying to return an item but has no receipt, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Boise, ID).

Interview

Applied online, waited a week and didn't hear back. Called the store I applied for and had an on the spot phone interview with the store manager. Set up a on site interview for the following week. First interview I answered questions regarding my previous retail experience and personal values. Second interview I answered the same questions with a different person and at the end i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your values?   1 Answer
    • Do you believe in being straight forward?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M in November 2016.

Interview

I was actually interviewed over the phone (about 30 minutes) by the Store Manager. She was sweet and we hit it off. A day later i was asked to come in for the interview in person. We had fun, we talked, for easy going interview. I was then contacted about 3 days later for a 2nd interview. She informed me that ususally the 2nd interview is to be with the the manager but since she had conducted all my interviews this was a formality and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its an easy going environment. So relax have fun. Be professional but its a regail job with a great atmosphere so incorporate that and you'll be golden.

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (Wellington, FL).

Interview

The supervisor called me for a phone interview out of the blue without emailing me what time would be best, later get called in to do an at store interview. There was probably 7 people in the interview (new store). It went hysterically. We were building from toy blocks of who can build the highest the fastest. We were garment folding and placing garments on a rack neatly and as fast as possible. Pretty sure this doesn't happen in ever H&M interview, but because we were a group and applied to a new store opening, they wanted to make it interesting.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Disney movie? Why should we hire you? What will you bring to H&M? What did you do when a customer acts out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Ysidro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Ysidro, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a long process, consisted in 3-4 interviews. I first applied online and took my resume into the store. After that I was contacted for an over the phone interview. After that, I was asked to come in two more times, and on the third time I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to H&M?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&M (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews a phone interview just make sure that I care about fashion and then an interview at the store with two department managers they just wanted to see who I was and if I would fit in with the team. Basic interview questions: what do you do for fun? What are your strengths/weaknesses?. etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied to about 4 different locations (this helps because I got a call back from 2) first contact was a telephone interview about 2 weeks after applying, pre screen asked why I chose tha company brief work history how I would handle conflict with coworkers. Got told on the spot to Come in next day for face to face, the face to face was a group interview basically same questions as telephone interview just more in depth about how you handled issues with customers and what you contributed to your last company if you made any suggestions that helped them grow. Got a call the next day for another group interview consisting of hands on group work... (Dress comfy). Got a call 1 1/2 weeks later but was told over the phone that I was hired and to bring all neccessary documents. At that point they asked how you felt about the interview process discuss your pay and availability and give you your employee hand book. Overall it was very refreshing to be apart of an interview process that truly want you to be your self be friendly talkative and open minded you will defiantly get the job because these are their core values and if that is not that type of person you naturally are than I'm sure they will see right through you good luck

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to be creative due to lack of resources or name a time you had to multitask .. What was the result?   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the first contact through phone screening they ask what you expect to be paid (go off your experience) and mean what you say because that is the amount they will discuss with you during the final interview / hiring process

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Chandler, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

it was a group interview with the manager and an H&M recruiter, they asked basic interview questions. make sure to listen to others responses and to add to and incorporate their answers into yours. make sure you know and do your research about the company and their values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for H&M?
      how do you do with a fast paced work environment?
      How do deal with a coworker who isn't pulling their weight?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by group interview followed by final one on one interview/training same day. For my personal group interview I was the only group member to actually show up.

Interview Questions

• Name one time when you were faced with a situation in which you had to handle a difficult situation at your workplace.   Answer Question