H&M Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Long. Took 1 month to officially receive job offer! Went through 2 phone screen interviews 3 in person interviews. Then during 8 week training you are evaluated every week. And have final interview to determined official hire on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at H&M job fair the conduct every so often at a beautiful location in San Jose. There I interviewed with one of the recruiters and store manager of one of the San Jose locations. The both made me feel real comfortable, they both were approachable, and inspiring because they has both been with the company for 9+ years which speaks volumes these days. Anyways I felt the interview was a success it lasted about an hour or so we left agreeing I'd hear a follow up call from the recruiter in regards to placement and which store needs to fill the position of a department manager which was fine. Hadn't heard back from her (the recruiter) in 3 weeks so I figured I'd email her, she didn't respond until a week after letting me know she's still trying to find a good fit for me so I standby for a little while longer. It took me almost a month to get an in store interview. Which went okay, the store manager seemed like she hated her job and she wasn't really interested in interviewing me from the beginning. I felt like her mind was already made up after we had introduced ourselves. After the interview I could tell she was resisting on some paper work for me to sign so she avoided having me proceed with hiring by saying "my background check hasn't cleared or it wasn't in the system" some little white lie which I know wasn't accurate. So after the interview she said I should hear back from her in a week, it's been a little over three weeks now and no response. After applying and interviewing else where I get an email from my recruiter saying I had another in store interview which that store manager later told me that I was recommended for a position under what I was applying for which I was open to discuss. However wasn't willing to take, I've been working retail in large big box stores to flagships, warehouses, and small boutiques managing and developing; there was no way I would take a step back into my career considering how far I've gotten. It kind felt like a slap in the face. My whole interview process has taken almost two months now and I'm sort of over it and still haven't heard back from my recruiter or the store manager who said they'd get back to me with a decision and store. Kind of unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you had to coach an employee and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach/coach someone who has poor attendance?   Answer Question
    • Why are you applying here at H&M?   Answer Question

Well I kind of got an offer but than it was taken back and then had to I interview again, didn't want the position they were offering because I'm far too over qualified and offered and never heard back from anyone.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Efficient and to the points, the persons were nice and very communicative. The process was organized and within a reasonable time frame. Really enjoyed the talks. One company needs to be fun for the potential employees to really like working within. I believe HM got me already during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to all the stores available in SF and got a call later that week for a phone screening where they basically ask about your previous work history and if they like you they'll schedule you an in person interview. Once you get the in person interview, it's a review of your work history with the store manager and if they continue to like you then you fill out the background check and are called back to schedule another and final interview with the district manager(?). Again, another review of your work history. If that goes well, they hire you and do paperwork. Just be yourself, it's really relaxed and somewhat casual!

Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position online and received a call back the same day, the first interview was 3 days later with an HOD, the second was 2 days later with the store manager.

The first interview consisted of us reviewing my resume and asking me about those jobs, that's it. The second interview the store manager asked why I like fashion, I gave a long winded answer. I got the job a week later, started training a week after that.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

applied online, received a call for an in person interview, and met with the recruiter and then was approved for a second interview with the store manager
    the first interview was very relaxed and the recruiter was easy going. we basically talked most about my prior work experience and she did ask me question if i was aware of H&M's conscious collection and what I thought about it.
    the second interview was with the store manager and she kind and professional

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Relatively easygoing, as long as you prepare for the interview. I applied for the first online the night before and the next day I received a phone call from a store manager. I didn't expect a phone call so soon since reading other applicants prior interviews that process can last from a week to a month. From there on we commenced the interview and I was very nervous, my advice to you is prepare for any future interview like there is no tomorrow. But despite my nerves this manager let me move forward for an in store interview the next day.

I did my research and prepared for this whole interview the night before just by reading others interview experience on Glassdoor and doing research on the H&M website and interview process was if not exactly the same as the phone interview except I definitely felt more prepared and it showed in my interview. Once it was over I was would either receive a phone call or an email if I was to be moved forward for a third interview. Honestly even if I don't get it, I'm thankful for the experience I never had a job in retail before but it seems this store might be in need of someone with someone who already knows the ropes. Going to the interview was definitely out of my comfort zone but as long as you prepare you should be fine.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 interviews. First was in person at the store with a manager filled out a form for a background check. Usually takes about 1 to 2 weeks to get done. Then the second one was a phone interview with Store Manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had a phone interview then was told to go in store for an in person interview. The interview was relaxed and wasn't difficult. I was told that I would receive a call after they finish my background check but I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Would you want to move up the ladder (corporate) at H&M in the future?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and went in for an interview with the store manager a week later. Asked questions about my previous experience and skills I can contribute to the store team.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy most about being a manager?   2 Answers