H&M Interview Questions in Stockholm, Stockholm | Glassdoor

H&M Interview Questions in Stockholm, Stockholm

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Buyers Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

It was very long. They were quick to get back from initially applying but waiting in between the stages was a total of 6 weeks. I wasn't impressed as they never got back on both times when they said that they would. My opinion would be to be very friendly with HR as they seem to hold a lot of the power.

Interview Questions

• If you had a shop and it went wrong how would you improve it   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

Phone interview followed by a group interview in a store. Phone interview was very straight forward, classic questions. Group interview was fun with different tasks for them to see how you work in a group, how you handle different scenarios etc. Overall very professional and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? Why us? What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. About 20 min. telephone interview with the HR person
    2. I had to give a short overview about my CV and my motivation to work for H&M
    3. Questions about fashion, trends and salary expectation
    If I had not been prepared, it would be difficult. But some questions were difficult like to say what's the bestseller item. I asked that a store manager before and he didn't know that either.

Interview Questions

• Which item is the bestseller?
      Which designers are relevant for the fashion industry?
      What would you buy for the next season?
      What is in fashion right now?
      What would you change in the assortment?
      What would your friends say about you?
      What do I think what could be a challenge in that position?
      Why am I interested in fashion?
      From where do I know H&M?
      Answer Question

International Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2017.

Interview

1) CV + motivational letter screening. I advise to take care of the motivational letter, which I think is very important.
    2) Ability tests (verbal, numerical and logical). There is no time limitation. However, time will be balanced with the tests' score.
    3) Telephon interview of about 30 mins. It was an easy-going interview. The person was friendly and kind.
    4) Assessment day in Stockholm.

Interview Questions

• 1) Who are you? Talk about your self.
      2) What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      3) Why H&M?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2017.

Interview

The application was made online in november by sending in your CV and personal letter. I was then invited to carry out some tests. Two tests were numerical, one was organizing a mailbox. Some candidates were then required to carry out a phone interview, I was not. During the assessment day three interviews were held, one numerical case, 1 cv interview and one group interview.

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a representative for a phone interview after passing the first stage of the process involving CV and personal letter. The interview took approximately 25 minutes and would have led to a group interview in the weeks to come

International Talent Program Interview

Application

Interview

Was invited to Stockholm for a one day assessment center, the program started early in the morning and there were roughly 20 people. They split us into groups of 3 and gave us the schedule, first part of the day for individual interviews and second part with group tasks. The individual interview was a fit interview where the candidate has to talk about his strengths, weaknesses and motivation for the position. The group task involves one task that must be solved in the group and 3 other individual numerical tasks

IT Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2017.

Interview

An absolute joke. After a series of online tests I was invited to an assessment day, one of the first things that I heard was that the IT Trainee program does not require you to have been studying or working with IT, as (a direct quote by the HR personell) "IT is something you can learn". A pretty outrageous statement, as its commonly know that you should know the context of your profession and through it learn the principles of business and not the other way around. What I heard was more like "if you know or are interested in IT, don't bother with this traineeship". The assessment day included a case which consisted of a really weird and unrealistic situation where you were to cover for your sick boss's workshop and, without having the presentation material available, come up with and present the workshops agenda. The case made no sense, had nothing to do with IT and the instructions were very unclear. We were given eight minutes to discuss and then two minutes to prepare, the examiners were in the room observing throughout. The last part of the day included a hand written essay where, finally, some aspects of IT related problem solving were infused, however not at all to the extent one could expect form an "IT" traineeship. I made it through to final interviews, took an online personality questionnaire and then met people from both HR and IT. I had two one hour sessions and were questioned about personality, experience and future ambitions, they ended it by stating that I'd hear from them within two weeks with a decisions. Three weeks later I'd heard nothing, sent them and e-mail and was called up immediately. Somewhat jokingly I was let known that I had not been selected and while it was obvious that they had just completely ignored or forgotten about me there was no excuse. Is is also the only organization I've ever visited for final interviews who don't offer travel reimbursement (within Sweden) even though I have over 100 metric miles of travel one way. Just an overall really poor experience and for people who are genuinely interested in IT, this seems like a dead end.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your biggest challenge will be at H&M?   Answer Question

Business Controller Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Online Application
    2. Telefon Interview
    3. 3 Rounds in Stockholm:
    3.1. Group Interview (just strong fit against H&M values)
    3.2. Single Interview (just strong fit against the values)
    3.3. Case Interview with 3 cases and no calculator allowed

Note: All they want is a value fit. If you do not answer in line with the values you have no chance.

Interview Questions

• Typical easy case questions: If the demand for white t-shirts goes down by x would you reduce the price by y and why?   1 Answer

Business Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

The interview process is quite long and time consuming. It involves IQ testing, personality testing with a follow up discussion with a representative from the testing company, an interview day together with other candidates and finally a final interview.

I did not find the process to be tough in terms of difficult questions, but H&M seems to take cultural fit very importantly so make sure to research that. For example, they told me that someone staying after 5 pm at work would not impress managers and that it is more important to be quick and flexible rather than a perfectionist getting everything 100% right.

Be warned that the salary offered is below average.

Interview Questions

• The final interview focused heavily on company fit as well as the candidates leadership abilities.   Answer Question