H&M Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Emailed to come in for an interview from 10am to 1130 which automatically let me know it was a group interview. It was about 7 of us there. They then wanted us to go down to the lower 3 floors and walk around and observe for 30-40 minutes. We had to find things that were going well and what wasn't on the floor. We also had to find a way to increase business for the store. They let us know this was just an initial meet to get to know how we were. if they liked us they would let us know through email/phone ASAP.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&M

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Erie, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, set up a phone interview, and the call was an hour long. The interviewer was very pleasant started off the call telling what expect and a little about himself. We went through my resume and I was asked the typical questions. Tell me about yourself, what are your weaknesses etc..

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge in your current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&M (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later the recruiter called to set up a phone interview. Had the phone interview a couple days later. A day after that the recruiter called back to set up a face to face with the district manager. I met with the district manager the following week. The week after that I had a face to face with the recruiter and got the job. In all from the time I filled out application to getting hired it took about 3 weeks. Very easy and fast processes. They asked all the basic retail questions. Customer service, experience, and my goals.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever visited H&M before? If so what were some of your observations?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?   Answer Question
    • A lot of probing question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was way above avg so didn't see the need in any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&M (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Group setting, challenge you to really break out of your shell. They challenge you on how to think outside of the box. They really want to know how you will sell a message especially during change. They want to see how the Values fit around you as a professional and if you meet the mold of the company.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Efficient and to the points, the persons were nice and very communicative. The process was organized and within a reasonable time frame. Really enjoyed the talks. One company needs to be fun for the potential employees to really like working within. I believe HM got me already during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy process. They ask you about your previous employment. They also asked if you have ever worked in retail, your experience and stories while working in retail, and how long you were with certain companies.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle this certain situation while you were working in retail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Process lasted about 3 weeks. I first met with the District recruiter. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was then scheduled an interview with the district manager. This interview lasted about 45 minutes to an hour over the phone. The District manager then invited me to attend a group assessment the next week. During this assessment there were about 9 of us that sat in front of a panel and answered various questions. Everyone had the opportunity to answer. After that we were pulled from the room one on one to talk individually. This whole process was about 4 hours. I was then told i would receive a call back within the week. After about 3 days i received a call giving me a formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• What locations have shopped in and if so, what was one opportunity that i saw in that store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Costa Mesa, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview is a phone screen, then first interview, then second. The interviewer is the District Sales manager and area recruiter. One is a note taker. The other asks questions.

Interview Questions

• People development, increasing sales, great place to work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Columbus, OH) in October 2011.

Interview

3 Tier Interview Process, initial phone interview, then in person with another store manager, then in person with district manager. All in all, was a fairly straightforward and fast process. Much easier than trying to promote my own staff after hiring! Make sure you dress the part and come with confidence. That is really all it takes to land any job- experience and confidence.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to juggle multiple tasks. How did you prioritize to accomplish those tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Modesto, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

was internal promotion when I got put into the Stockton location. but being a manager I know the hiring process well. One will go thru a phone screen a first interview a back ground check a second interview before a job offer the process can take up to three weeks