H&M Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.6

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online got in touch with me 2 weeks later went in for an assessment day was a group interview and was required to work in groups to complete set tasks

Interview Questions

• Why are you wearing what you are wearing today   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M (Croydon, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I got an email invitation to a recruitment event a couple of days after my online application, there was no other communication before the event. The event was a week later and I dressed on the formal side despite the email stating to 'dress your style' because I was unsure how casual to go but this was a mistake, they definitely expect jeans and t-shirts like the recruiters and other candidates wore. Go extremely casual! They honestly don't care. It was my first real interview and first group interview process, there were 6 of us sat in a circle in a back room, we went around the circle and introduced ourselves, just saying our names and mentioning education and where we had worked before, nothing too deep. For the first task we were split into groups and had to pick 2 outfits for a teenage girl going to a festival and then present our ideas to the group and various people walking in/out, staying with your team and bouncing ideas off each other was important! The second group task was making a list of the qualities of good customer service, the ones that stood out were 'team work', 'self development' and 'smiling', no one remembered to include being organised or multitasking. The last thing was a game where the 6 of us held a section of rope and had to unknot it without letting go, so by ducking and diving under it and swapping places, talking was expected but it was hard to know what to do and be heard over everyone else. The recruiters were friendly and supportive and gave constant reassurance that the whole process was intended to be fun, the atmosphere was casual and low pressure; better than I expected but I was extremely awkward/nervous when presenting my ideas and don't expect a call back.

*I got a call after 5 agonising days of refreshing my email waiting for a rejection message. I've been offered a position, however I was given the impression it was only offered because I'm available to work full-time, all the other applicants were students and much younger than I am.

Interview Questions

• Everyone was given the chance to ask their own questions   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, went through some multiple choice scenarios. 3 days later I received an email saying they saw potential in me and invited for interview which was to be held 2 days later

The one on one interview came around and it was very relaxed and quite casual. was more like a relaxed conversation with your friend and the manager was very lovely

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through the H&M careers website and the whole process took about 3 weeks. I received an email letting me know that they wanted me to attend their Recruitment Event in one of their central stores (12:00-14:30).
    There were a lot of us (19) and we were first asked to fill out a form for availability (summer timetable & uni timetable) and how many hours we were willing to work, then we gave individual introductions. There were random questions on post-it notes so we had to say our names, a little about us, and answer the question - mind was "what is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?" I felt like this enabled us to relax around each other and calmed my nerves.
    We were then told a little bit about the history of H&M and gave knowledge of what we knew about the business and what we like about H&M.
    Then we had three group tasks:
    1. We got into groups of 5 or 4 and had to make a poster about the 5 responsibilities of a Sales Advisor
    2. Had to create an outfit for a specific customer in different small groups e.g casual or going to a festival
    3. A massive group discussion about approximately 5 scenarios e.g. A colleague calls in sick but you see them shopping so what do you do? (Was hard to speak up because there were so many of us and I was at the end of the table)

This was the end of the recruitment event - there were no 1 to 1's - and we finished at 14:00.
    They said that we would be contacted within the next week to know if we did or didn't get the job. I got a call less than 24 hours later offering me a job with the maximum hours I wanted.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview where they got us to do several tasks together - put together an outfit from the shop floor and present it. Then we had individual interviews.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Applied online. One week later got an email invite to a recruitment event in one of their stores with 8 other candidates. Group interview started with icebreaker questions. Then we split into two groups and designed a poster about what we think makes a good sales advisor. Then we were given a customer scenario and had to design an oiutfit for that customer using magazines. After that we each got a one to one interview that lasted 5-10 minutes. They said they would get back to us in a week with a rejection email or confirmation phone call. I have received neither so far.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&M (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Today I had the assessment day which was extremely boring! U just have to say stuff like 5 important things u need to know for being sales advisor, to create an outfit for a imaginary customer and pick up from a news magazine different pictures and match some of them and thn explain why like that. At the end they just said we have to wait for an email or phone call with the answer if we passed or not

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&M (Oxford, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online, through indeed had a call back which included a brief telephone interview (took ages to get back to me) then face to face interview although pretty sure they've started doing group interviews now. After I had the one to one interview they called me, again quite a while after to tell me I've got the job. During the process management seem very nice and friendly which made me more relaxed throughout.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&M in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on the H&M website. One week later I received a phone call that lasted about 15 minuets asking about my previous experience and a few questions about customer service, straight after I got asked to come in for an interview 2 days later. The interview lasted about 30 minuets and consisted of customer service questions, scenarios, and give me a time when .... (so it will really help if you have past experience to give them examples but overall it was very straightforward questions).
    After I left the store I received a call 10 minuets later asking me to come in the next morning for a second interview with 2 other candidates, this was very fast! About 10 minuets. More questions about what I can bring to the team and more about previous experience. And was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is excellent customer service to you?
      How did you turn a negative situation into a positive? Tell me about a time you have dealt with an angry customer and resolved the issue?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&M (Nottingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initially, I applied online and received a call asking me to attend an interview and assessment day the following week. This was a group activity followed by solo interviews. We were told that we would hear something within 10 days and I was called the next day and told I had gotten the job. I was then invited to attend an induction the following day.