H&R Block Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 31, 2016

2.5

CSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schererville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Schererville, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was called for an interview several weeks later. The interview was very comfortable. I was asked several questions. All the interview questions were mentioned on Glassdoor, so I was prepared.I was there about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate client.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

wow, super easy. All via Skype

Interview Questions

• What you didn't like about your last job   1 Answer

Negotiation

back in forth

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied and submitted my resume through their website for a tax position but I received an email for a CSR position offer instead. Its a temporary position and $9/hr. So the pay is very low but I confirmed the interview with them anyway since i really want a job asap. I came to the interview on time and prepared but the person who supposed to interview me never showed up. So one of the employees at the office interviewed me instead. She was really nice and the interview was very casual. No hard questions. After the interview, she told me I would received an email response from them the next two days but I never did and its been over two weeks. This experience left me a very bad impression of their company. They seem very unorganized, unprepared and unprofessional to my surprise. I would not apply or take any job offers from them in the future.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. The most difficult question was name "one weakness and one strength about yourself"   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. I first was contacted and interviewed by the Recruiter, then a panel interview of four people. Two DM's, and 2 Regional Directors. After making past that round you are called by the Market Vice President, and finally a final phone call with the Regional HR Director. After that it took an additional week or two to begin the actual hiring process. Overall it wasn't bad.....but it did take a long time. Once they job offered me I had to go through a background check prior to starting. They also hire a third party company to validate your references and employment verification. I believe they also ran a credit check.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were out of the ordinary. They were mostly behavioral based questions...."tell me about a time when" ETC   Answer Question