H&R Block Client Services Professional and Receptionist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Client Services Professional and Receptionist Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

There was an interview over the phone with the regional manager, once you pass that you interview with 2 managers in person. After you are referred back to the regional manager or let go. This process is very slow though, you are told you will be called within a 24 hour period but I didn't get a call till a week later.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last job to increase revenue or make processes quicker ?   Answer Question
  • Explain what you did in your last job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

The test that they give is ridiculous it takes like an hour to do and you can't leave for a second. Then they call you for interview and they like you they hire you always short staffed.

Interview Questions

• Mainly in the application the questions about the drawers I had to read a few times to understand. They also ask alot of the same questions multiple times in different ways.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Stafford, CT) in December 2012.

Interview

I answered an ad on Craigslist for the position and applied via e-mail, the office manager was quick to get back to me. The interview was in the office pre-season, so it was empty. This was less of an interview and more of a run-down of requirements. She constantly reminded me that the job was temporary, and did not seem impressed with my customer service experience or education.

When the time came for me to ask questions, I had asked about client volume, which was answered with a scoff. The interviewer did not believe that to be a valid question and responded with "900 clients during the whole season, you do the math".

During the interview (and in my subsequent rejection e-mail sent out Christmas Eve (ouch))she was disappointed in my lack of tax experience, but in no way made it clear in the posting that it was required or desired. She did not think of the receptionist position as entry-level.

Interview Questions

• What made you answer an ad on Craigslist for a job, when you know full well that it was a temporary one?   Answer Question