H&R Block Customer Service Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

1.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

The manager asked me questions about my experience, my availability, the required questions from the corporate form, and described the job to me, then asked if I'd like the job. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted later via an official offer letter from corporate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Tempe, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

In person short interview with OM, not very intimidating welcoming environment. I was called in the next few days and offered the job after the interview. Very quick hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are the hours you can work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Tuscaloosa, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant and I acquired the information I needed as well as submitted the information that they needed. Every duty of the position was explained clearly. I had to complete a series of online tests to complete my hiring steps. All these test were computer friendly and I was able to complete them with no problem. There were people to ask if I had any questions or concerns about the tests I hade to complete. I was given the numbers and names of the Tax Preparers to call if I needed to contact them during the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Drivers License and Social Security cards were both needed along with interview.
      Also I was ask how many days and hours I could work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very smooth as I expected

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Daytona Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was easy. Everyone was very nice and professional. First they asked me to fill out a basic application and put a stack of index cards with names in alphabetical order; then somebody explained how things are run in the branch offices; then I was shown the scheduling software and asked to schedule an appointment to make sure I understood.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your work history since they are far removed from each individual's resume.   1 Answer

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Three office managers sat down three of us and asked us how we would deal with an angry customer. Very brief, basically they just want to know you can interact with people professionally. 10-15 minutes was all it took for the three of us.

In my particular case, there was also a brief questionnaire, as they were also looking to hire Office Marketing Assistants out of the group. They gave us a one-pager with questions like "what is your personal brand". This section is totally separate from getting the CSP job, however.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an angry customer in the past?   1 Answer

Customer Service Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block in December 2014.

Interview

Timeline from submitting resume in September till interview was longer than ad detailed. It said interviews were to begin in November, no one I talked to interviewed earlier than December. Interview was pretty simple, they had a printout of specific questions that they asked and jotted down responses. All "on-boarding" was done online and without guidance from a representative of the company. Offer letter was buried in a mountain of virtual paperwork.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty run of the mill, nothing to challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, you did not meet with a person about offer or to complete paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Plano, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview questions were mostly about customer service. The pay was the same as last year, they said it was not negotiable for seasonal CSP. I was asked about being willing to do some marketing work for that specific store I was being hired to work for. I said I would do that if I could get extra hours plus some more money. They said yes, I could get $1.00 more per hour and it would mean 6 to 10 more hours a week. I was happy. Then I went to the first staff meeting and was introduced to the person who was also a part time CSP and told that she was going to be doing marketing a few hours a week. Seriously? What happened to me? Well, apparently she knows somebody because someone told the store manager that SHE was the person they would have for extra marketing hours. Can you guess that I am mad about that?! Why couldnt HR Block manager that hired me give me the courtesy to tell me ahead of time? I was counting on that since they dont schedule more than 20 hours a week. Oh well. Complaining isnt going to get me more hours, thats for sure.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by two of the local office managers at the district office and they were both professional, relaxed and friendly. They had a set list of questions on a pre-prepared form (informational & behavioral), one asked the questions, the other took notes on it, and then they gave me time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenging clients? Give us an example of how you've handled one in the past.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Simpsonville, SC) in November 2014.

Interview

A meeting was scheduled and lasted for about twenty minutes. Questions were asked such as: why had I applied, what did I expect from the position, what type of pay was I expecting. I was also briefed on what the job position entailed, schedule, and training. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding previous experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Rochester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I completed an application on line. A week later was called for an interview and was hired on the spot. I then had to take a 8 hour training Skills to Win. Once everything was confirmed. I started working on 1/8/2015.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer