H&R Block FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

1.9

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Lakewood, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Someone called me for an interview. When I got to office where the interview was to be held, one female office person wearing jeans came to me and asked me what I needed. I told her I was there for an interview. She had me fill out paperwork and asked me for my ID's. I asked her why she needed them. She said in the Long Beach District they request the ID's to do the I-9 ahead of time. I thought this was weird but I cooperated. I think this is against the law but I'm not sure. I always thought one had to be hired first before being asked for IDs to do an I-9.

As for the actual interview, a female worker called me to meet with her. She asked if I had applied. She appeared to be rude and unprofessional as she was asking me. She didn't ask me any questions about my abilities, experience or just simple interview questions. She just wanted to know what hours I could work and nothing else. Our meeting took less than 10 minutes. Very unprofessional. From the first person I spoke to in the beginning to the person who screen me at the end - very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The manager was very informative and through. The interview ended quicker than expected. The manager was very genuine and you can tell he is a good manager because at the end he asked if there was anything I thought would make the interview process better. He went through potential career development and growth which is always nice to see in a company.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the challenges you see yourself facing in the field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY).

Interview

Did ITC course. Applied online during the course in my neighborhood offices. Had interview call a day before final exam. Offered a job in a place a little further then my place as they needed professionals there and it will help me grow. I agreed

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest part of course?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position while still attending the Income Tax Course. This may have helped to speed things up a bit. I applied about 10 days ago, got an email inviting me for interview and I could choose location and time. In the first part of interview the hiring managers told us a lot about the company (I was there with 4 other applicants) and in their own words to put us at ease. The second part was one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.   1 Answer
    • What is the biggest achievement in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Fountain Valley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I walked in to my appointment and got interviewed by the District Manager. He asked easy basic questions about me, my goals, and my achievements. Then asked about how I'm doing in the class. He told me that H&RB can help with my social and marketing skills. Very helpful with my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment, in school or in life?   2 Answers

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block in November 2015.

Interview

I signed up for the tax course. It was half price of 49$. The instructor told us that the performance in the class was part of the interview. Right before we took the final exam the instructor handed us job applications to fill out. Basically you got hired after taking the test and passing.

Interview Questions

• After the exam, the director called me in for an "Interview". He asked me what my availability was and had me sign the contract to work until april.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Waterloo, IA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied, then interviewed, took tax course (paid out of my pocket), the instructors asked if I would be interested in managing an office after the 4th class (this is their policy and both instructors had to agree I was a suitable candidate) and also preparing some tax returns, agreed, interviewed with District General Manager, was offered a contract, wanted me to take a couple of days before agreeing, and then signed paperwork and started work.

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Yonkers, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I took the income tax course and the teacher referred me for the job position. I summit an online application, then they reached me by phone. Then they give you an one week training before you start the tax season.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (East Haven, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

It was during the course of tax preparer , Came a single person ask us questions before finishing the course, We talked about the possibilities of finding a place of work for me but they didn't call me yet

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Richmond, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Met with three people. Very pleasant, comfortable interview. Didn't feel like an interview, simply like a conversation with friends. Met office mangers and district manager. Just be confident and you will do well.

Interview Questions

• How have I handled difficult situations with customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, but I knew that going in.