H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Lakewood, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Someone called me for an interview. When I got to office where the interview was to be held, one female office person wearing jeans came to me and asked me what I needed. I told her I was there for an interview. She had me fill out paperwork and asked me for my ID's. I asked her why she needed them. She said in the Long Beach District they request the ID's to do the I-9 ahead of time. I thought this was weird but I cooperated. I think this is against the law but I'm not sure. I always thought one had to be hired first before being asked for IDs to do an I-9.

As for the actual interview, a female worker called me to meet with her. She asked if I had applied. She appeared to be rude and unprofessional as she was asking me. She didn't ask me any questions about my abilities, experience or just simple interview questions. She just wanted to know what hours I could work and nothing else. Our meeting took less than 10 minutes. Very unprofessional. From the first person I spoke to in the beginning to the person who screen me at the end - very unprofessional.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Upland, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very friendly. Explained the job duties and what will happen if hired. The management were respectful and knowledgeable. The interviews were held one on one and personable. I felt very comfortable.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block (Schenectady, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and call me for an interview after 2 months. It was an easy interview. After 1 week, they call me again if i am willing to be float in two offices, and i said yes and im interested. All i thought, i was already hired, because they are asking me already which branch where i am willing to work. And when the time i check on my status online application, i was not hired. So disappointing

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work experience? And your duties and responsibilities   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 20 minutes. They focused on what you did in previous jobs and how that lines up with what you are applying for. She offered me the opportunity to apply for multiple positions and not just the one I applied for. The interview started promptly on time and I was nform d that I would receive feedback by the end of the week. Very professional and friendly.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Rec'd call from HR dept that I would be interviewing with Regional manager. Was asked typical HR questions at first nothing creative or challenging, expected more. But superficial was the tone, nothing that would have given them insight into my ability as a leader. Was told I could ask questions. When I started asking specific questions relating to the goals of district, my targets, and company overall goals, I got blank stares and lots of "corporate koolaid rhetoric". I only had 6 minutes to ask my questions then was told my time was up, they had other candidates waiting. Guess you shouldn't challenge answers or ask too much.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to accomplish a goal with little or no funds?   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 min. early, waited on interviewer. Went her office and set down across the table from her. She ask me what experience I had in the field. She told me the work hours and pay. She ask me about my resume details She thanked me for coming and said she still had interviews the rest of the week and would be in touch. I thanked her and left.

E-File Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and told me about the position. She said I'm seemed qualify, she answered my questions via email. She sent me a link to apply and I applied. She set up a time and she called saying I didn't need to have a ton of experience just a basic understanding of taxes and that my experiences seemed great. She scheduled a phone interview for me and the hiring manager who was a horrible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences.   1 Answer

District General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Two separate interviews for one scheduled - first by a current DGM, then by two Regional Managers. Standard corporate questions mixed with a conversational interview style. The first interview was very brief, the second was longer and more involved but I didn't think either was particularly difficult. They told me they'd reach out within two weeks. I was then contacted by a recruiter to assess my interest in a similar position in another location for which I had no interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to get much accomplished on little to no budget.   Answer Question

Client Services Professional and Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

There was an interview over the phone with the regional manager, once you pass that you interview with 2 managers in person. After you are referred back to the regional manager or let go. This process is very slow though, you are told you will be called within a 24 hour period but I didn't get a call till a week later.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last job to increase revenue or make processes quicker ?   Answer Question
    • Explain what you did in your last job.   Answer Question

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (East Haven, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

It was during the course of tax preparer , Came a single person ask us questions before finishing the course, We talked about the possibilities of finding a place of work for me but they didn't call me yet