H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.2

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

In order to get hired you have to take their class they offer. You will not get the interview until you past their test for that class. The interview is real basic questions and easy.

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H&R Block (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I was referred for an interview by another employee at H&R Block. I submitted and application and received the phone call to set up an appointment for an interview period I was hired almost immediately.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could multitask period I was also asked if I could be flexible with my schedule and if I was a team player. Lastly they asked me about my previous job experience and how it related to this position.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was about 20 minutes. They focused on what you did in previous jobs and how that lines up with what you are applying for. She offered me the opportunity to apply for multiple positions and not just the one I applied for. The interview started promptly on time and I was nform d that I would receive feedback by the end of the week. Very professional and friendly.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

I filled out an online application, it said they required a HS Diploma, but I'm a current HS Senior and they accepted me. It was super simple, I just got called one day asking about my availability for training.

Design Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

A very professional and friendly environment with a small team of individuals who seemed quite supportive. Uncertain about the opportunities for growth. The biggest con for me was the strict number of hours and lack of flexibility - just wasn't right at that time.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

H&R Block's hiring process is extremely slow so when I finally got a call to schedule an interview, parking was provided in their garage and interviews were on the 11th floor. I interviewed with the hiring manager and an associate manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Block Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Informal group interview. Block Advisors is a fairly new service offered by HR BLock. The "employees" are really independent agents building their own book of business on a commission basis. Structure is not clearly defined and the there is not a sense of team or group goal targets. I met the team at their office after hours and had a broad discussion about the individual team members and their personal objectives.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and my understanding of the job opportunities   Answer Question

Client Services Professional and Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online right before the holidays and got a call for an interview with the District Manager after the New Year. Extremely easy interview. She asked about what I was currently doing for work, what jobs I had held in the past, and if I had gone to college. Then she read a few questions off a piece of paper, gave me a brief description of the job, asked about my availability, and offered me a job on the spot. Honestly, just smile, have a pleasant demeanor, and the job is yours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the best customer experience you had in a past job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an achievement from a past job.   Answer Question
    • Are you bilingual?   1 Answer
    • Do you have accounting or marketing experience?   1 Answer
    • Can you work weekends?   1 Answer
    • Can you work at any location in town?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked with Excel? Tell me about a project you've completed with it.   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was excellent and knowledgeable. Interview with manager was candid yet relaxed. Best I've experienced in years. Management presented a very hands-off approach: "I trust my employees know their job. If you've been hired, I trust you know how to do it and will seek out help or assistance as needed." Also "our support is from 7AM - 6PM. As long as you come in between 7AM and 9AM and work your hours, I don't care when exactly that is".

Interview Questions

• While not required, would you be interested in overtime and/or occasional weekend work?   1 Answer

Product Technical Support Specialist - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I found job on career builder, applied got a phone interview, then scheduled a interview onsite gave instructions in email location. Very impressed with area across from Power & Light eating places parked in gated garage underneath wasnt sure where entrance was from garage so parked right near gate walked about one level up very nice building, very new looking met with security waited for interviewer, very good interview

Interview Questions

• Experience with computers in regards to pages not loading how would I help the customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time I handle an irate customer how did i handle it?   Answer Question