H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at H&R Block

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Loxahatchee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Loxahatchee, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy. You sit down with a tax professional or whoever is the head of the office and you're asked a few very simple questions. One question was about I well I managed stress.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at H&R Block (Riverside, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Very quick but there is this whole application part online. Mos of the interviews were made by the local office managers and They look at your personality to see if you're friendly and outgoing and rate you out of 3.

Interview Questions

• More behavioral and experience based, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Murray, UT) in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule an interview time, on a first come first served basis. I was interviewed by three office managers. There were a lot of standard interview questions. They also made sure I was aware that this was a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what kind of customer service experience I had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview with manager no difficulty really easy. Just dress professional and relate stories customer based. Go in with great expectations and its only seasonal last until april

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Ocala, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is fairly easy. Initially you're called into an office and you'll have your interview with a manager from that office although that may not be the office you'll be assigned to work at. They really just ask questions about your past work experience and why you would be a great addition to the company whether it be a seasonal position or even just a temporary job. If you get through the interview, you wait to hear from the District Manager which office you'll be assigned to along with your start date.

Interview Questions

• They'll have you present how you would take a call.   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. It was more about getting to know me and how I interact with people. Very little questions about my experience. I was hired on the spot and sent to training on another site.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online (very professionally) in the fall, maybe late August or September, but anyways sometime around December I got a call from the office manager for an interview at one location. I wasn't feeling it, so I passed and lucky me the location I preferred hit me up too! We scheduled an interview date that worked for both of us and the morning of the interview I dressed as professional as I could: mall business pants, silk blouse, blazer, socks and shoes. You get the picture, and I always wore socks when I wore shoes in the office #mysciencelabs. A tiny woman introduced herself as the office manager, she was smiling and very friendly, I liked her immediately. I showed her two forms of I.D. my New Hempshire I.D. and passport. From there she asked me the normal interview questions, what was my last job, can I use a register, etc. Lastly we got to what days could I work and I told her my preferred days and hours and that was that. I think that was all that mattered, the days. I was very happy I planned out my work days before the interview, but I would later learn they are open to accommodating you where you need accommodation, just speak up and always, always be gracious.

Interview Questions

• What was my last job? What duties did I perform? Can I use a register? Can I speak another language? What are my strengths/weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Memphis, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at a Premium Office. I was asked very direct and simple questions; I interview was over rather quickly. I was offered the position at the end of interview and started paid training the following week. As a CSP, I was offered free training and placement in the upcoming tax preparation classes.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about interacting with people frequently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Polson, MT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Polson, MT) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview lasted 30 to 40 minutes.
    She had quite a few interviews she had already done that day.
    The manager asked about experience with handling cash.
    Cordial and relaxed.
    We discussed my experience in customer service. Explained there would be a background check.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know how I'd handle the phone ringing while receiving a payment and another person coming up to complain about waiting too long. She told me my answer was the best she'd heard all day, so that was good.   1 Answer

Negotiation

She said the position paid $9 per hour and I wasn't really excited about that (I didn't complain or anything), and so she said because of my experience she'd pay me $10 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

I was very comfortable with the interviewer.He gave me a paper which showed the job description and asked me to read it. With out even waiting for me to read he asked what brings you here in.I went through the paper in a few seconds and answered the question.Then he asked me about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a difficult customer ?How u handled it?   1 Answer