H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.2

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was excellent and knowledgeable. Interview with manager was candid yet relaxed. Best I've experienced in years. Management presented a very hands-off approach: "I trust my employees know their job. If you've been hired, I trust you know how to do it and will seek out help or assistance as needed." Also "our support is from 7AM - 6PM. As long as you come in between 7AM and 9AM and work your hours, I don't care when exactly that is".

Interview Questions

• While not required, would you be interested in overtime and/or occasional weekend work?   1 Answer

Product Technical Support Specialist - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I found job on career builder, applied got a phone interview, then scheduled a interview onsite gave instructions in email location. Very impressed with area across from Power & Light eating places parked in gated garage underneath wasnt sure where entrance was from garage so parked right near gate walked about one level up very nice building, very new looking met with security waited for interviewer, very good interview

Interview Questions

• Experience with computers in regards to pages not loading how would I help the customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time I handle an irate customer how did i handle it?   Answer Question

CSP & Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Springfield, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was driving around my area and was looking at the H&R Block offices. I'm a college business student and I figure to work here. Just called offices in my area and lucky a few were hiring. I came in and I just got hired!! Just know waiting for background check which won't take long. So easy, I didn't know it's going to be like that!! This is legit! Can get priority hire next tax season as a tax preparer. Need to take and pass some class this fall! Can't wait to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing it's a seasonal position till April 18th

Customer Service Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an open walk in interview but I was seen right away and they worked with me to find the closest office and the best pay. I met several managers. They all talked to me like I was a person and not like they were looking to just fill a seat. I was impressed by the relaxed but encouraging atmosphere.

District Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone screen followed by panel virtual interview. This interview is very easy as long as you are prepared and understand what the position is asking for. Prepare using STAR mwthod - all questions are behavioral. Remember you are applying for a position that involves accuracy, flexibility, teamwork, communication, persuasion, conflict resolution, project management, judgement making and self sufficient working style. Prep yourself using the STAR method and you'll wow them!
    S- Situation
    T-Task
    A- Action
    R- Results

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were asked by your boss to take on a new project that you never did before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY).

Interview

Take the tax prepare course from there you pass with a passing grade then you move onto the interview process once you have completed all paperwork. Then the interview is done by the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about customer service?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, interview with district manager, asked the same basic interview questions. Asked about background. He spoke more than i did....during the hiring process they are closed so no customers or other employees really there. made the process actually easier, you just go into office with a manager and kind of have a conservation with questions here and there

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Irvington, NJ).

Interview

The hiring and interview process were pretty good. It's a great company for seasonal work. After completing an online interview in person at the branch, I was called in for an in person interview. It was about an half hour long.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure? What do you see yourself doing with your major?   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Fayetteville, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers. Discussed my skills and qualifications. Also discussed job training program and salary. Also met with the district training instructor to go over the sign on via email.

Interview Questions

• If I could float for various local branches.   1 Answer

Tax Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chetek, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Chetek, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard, as far as interviews go. Applied online, was contacted a few days later by the office manager to come in for the interview. Review of resume and work experience, typical behavioral questions (Tell me about your best client experience; Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a problem that wasn't easily solved), some industry specific questions (Do you have customer service experience? Do you have cash handling experience); and the usual "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you want to work here?"