H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.2

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was excellent and knowledgeable. Interview with manager was candid yet relaxed. Best I've experienced in years. Management presented a very hands-off approach: "I trust my employees know their job. If you've been hired, I trust you know how to do it and will seek out help or assistance as needed." Also "our support is from 7AM - 6PM. As long as you come in between 7AM and 9AM and work your hours, I don't care when exactly that is".

Interview Questions

• While not required, would you be interested in overtime and/or occasional weekend work?   1 Answer

Product Technical Support Specialist - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I found job on career builder, applied got a phone interview, then scheduled a interview onsite gave instructions in email location. Very impressed with area across from Power & Light eating places parked in gated garage underneath wasnt sure where entrance was from garage so parked right near gate walked about one level up very nice building, very new looking met with security waited for interviewer, very good interview

Interview Questions

• Experience with computers in regards to pages not loading how would I help the customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time I handle an irate customer how did i handle it?   Answer Question

CSP & Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Springfield, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was driving around my area and was looking at the H&R Block offices. I'm a college business student and I figure to work here. Just called offices in my area and lucky a few were hiring. I came in and I just got hired!! Just know waiting for background check which won't take long. So easy, I didn't know it's going to be like that!! This is legit! Can get priority hire next tax season as a tax preparer. Need to take and pass some class this fall! Can't wait to work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing it's a seasonal position till April 18th

Customer Service Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an open walk in interview but I was seen right away and they worked with me to find the closest office and the best pay. I met several managers. They all talked to me like I was a person and not like they were looking to just fill a seat. I was impressed by the relaxed but encouraging atmosphere.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yale, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Yale, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied in person at the location of my choice and ended up getting the job. We then were able to set up a time to get my on-boarding paperwork completed. After that, I began working.

District Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone screen followed by panel virtual interview. This interview is very easy as long as you are prepared and understand what the position is asking for. Prepare using STAR mwthod - all questions are behavioral. Remember you are applying for a position that involves accuracy, flexibility, teamwork, communication, persuasion, conflict resolution, project management, judgement making and self sufficient working style. Prep yourself using the STAR method and you'll wow them!
    S- Situation
    T-Task
    A- Action
    R- Results

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you were asked by your boss to take on a new project that you never did before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY).

Interview

Take the tax prepare course from there you pass with a passing grade then you move onto the interview process once you have completed all paperwork. Then the interview is done by the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about customer service?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, interview with district manager, asked the same basic interview questions. Asked about background. He spoke more than i did....during the hiring process they are closed so no customers or other employees really there. made the process actually easier, you just go into office with a manager and kind of have a conservation with questions here and there

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvington, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Irvington, NJ).

Interview

The hiring and interview process were pretty good. It's a great company for seasonal work. After completing an online interview in person at the branch, I was called in for an in person interview. It was about an half hour long.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure? What do you see yourself doing with your major?   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring event and was interviewed by 2 people. I did not meet my actual manager. They were able to offer me the job on the spot, and schedule me for initial in=person (paid) training. Heads up training is paid at a lower rate of $8.50/hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked about computer skills and people skills. Customer service experience a huge plus.   Answer Question