H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block in December 2016.

Interview

It was usual personality interview. Asked questions about how you deal yourself in different work situations. Mostly behavioral questions. Technical questions were not asked in the interview as I had to take an exam earlier, one needs to pass that exam with at least 70%.

Cst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Interview

The process was easy. The application and resume was taken to the office. Calls for interviews were made. Position was offered and w-2 paperwork was done. The next step was a two day training session.

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

The manager was very informative and through. The interview ended quicker than expected. The manager was very genuine and you can tell he is a good manager because at the end he asked if there was anything I thought would make the interview process better. He went through potential career development and growth which is always nice to see in a company.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the challenges you see yourself facing in the field?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position about a week or two ago, then on Saturday I got an e-mail telling me to sign up for an interview time; 15 minutes was allotted for each interview. I went in for my interview today and it was a very pleasant and positive experience. Two people, Office Managers, conducted the interview. Both were very kind and inviting. We discussed my previous work experience and education and more details about the position and work environment. I was told I would receive a response within 24-48 hours which was great, I was anxious to hear back. Only 2 hours later I was called with the job offer! I am now awaiting the e-mails to move forward with the hiring, training processes. I'm very excited!

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Irvine, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview was a joke. There were 2 interviewers taking notes of the answers of a about 7 applicants. Not sure how one can select employees that way. The questions were simple and expected. The applicants sitting in the group, some of them were not dressed professionally. I made my decision whether I wanted to work for this company during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions and said we'd receive a phone call to let us know if we were selected.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application online, about a month later got a call to come in for an interview. Office manager asked variety of questions. Asked me about my previous jobs, why I'd like to work for HR and some situational questions.

CSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I was sent an invitation for an interview. I scheduled a date and locations. At the interview there was a phone test, a presentations, than a group panel interview, I heard back in a few weeks via email.

Interview Questions

• How did you use a computer to solve a problem   1 Answer

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY).

Interview

Did ITC course. Applied online during the course in my neighborhood offices. Had interview call a day before final exam. Offered a job in a place a little further then my place as they needed professionals there and it will help me grow. I agreed

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest part of course?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Rec'd call from HR dept that I would be interviewing with Regional manager. Was asked typical HR questions at first nothing creative or challenging, expected more. But superficial was the tone, nothing that would have given them insight into my ability as a leader. Was told I could ask questions. When I started asking specific questions relating to the goals of district, my targets, and company overall goals, I got blank stares and lots of "corporate koolaid rhetoric". I only had 6 minutes to ask my questions then was told my time was up, they had other candidates waiting. Guess you shouldn't challenge answers or ask too much.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to accomplish a goal with little or no funds?   1 Answer

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

My interview went very well. Interview lasted maybe 15-20 minutes. Interview questions were easy. Customer service and receptionist experience will be a help. The were general interview questions. I was interviewed by the store manager.