H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Expat Tax Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was on the phone. It was a very informative and he asked very few questions. It was more for the prospective employee to understand the position than for the employer to get to know you. I got a second interview with around 5 questions asked about me. I asked more questions about the position than I was asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about something you're proud of on your resume   Answer Question

Entry Level Tax Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with one of the area managers after I completed the midterm . The interview was held at one of the offices and took about 15-20 minutes. The manager is very nice and helpful . He explained what we need to do after we completed the ITC and he talked about which offices we would be working at .

Interview Questions

• why do you want to do tax?   1 Answer
    • What is your plan after tax season ?   1 Answer

Tax Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Interview is quite basic and has to tale place every year priot to tax season even if your have already wored for the company for 20 years. Asking your experience in the beginning, which office you prefer to work at, and what kind of hours your willing to work. District manager then usually explains the compensation plan for the year, since it usually chanel each and every year.

Interview Questions

• What office do you want to work at?   1 Answer

Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Lakeland, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Group setting. Went over expectations for upcoming year and some of the changes made to how we operate. Advancement opportunities were also explained for those that might be interested in the openings available. Continuing education credit requirements discussed.

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work? Which office do you want to apply for?   Answer Question

Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in August 2016.

Interview

Friendly but I wanted to do more tax audit representation than work than tax preparation and the opportunity didn't exist at that time but there was the possibility of this happening in the future. So for me it was all about timing.

Long Hours

CSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Knowledgeable. courteous.informative.direct gave me options for the path I was interested in. My supervisor was very accommodating to help guide me to resources to help me with my disability.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The face to face interviews are panel interview. All interviews use situational based questions, "tell me about a time when". Your answers should be in the STAR format, tell them the situation, the task, the action you took and the results. DO NOT tell them what you would do, you have to tell them about the specific thing you did do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to improve a process   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 min. early, waited on interviewer. Went her office and set down across the table from her. She ask me what experience I had in the field. She told me the work hours and pay. She ask me about my resume details She thanked me for coming and said she still had interviews the rest of the week and would be in touch. I thanked her and left.

E-File Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and told me about the position. She said I'm seemed qualify, she answered my questions via email. She sent me a link to apply and I applied. She set up a time and she called saying I didn't need to have a ton of experience just a basic understanding of taxes and that my experiences seemed great. She scheduled a phone interview for me and the hiring manager who was a horrible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences.   1 Answer

District General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Two separate interviews for one scheduled - first by a current DGM, then by two Regional Managers. Standard corporate questions mixed with a conversational interview style. The first interview was very brief, the second was longer and more involved but I didn't think either was particularly difficult. They told me they'd reach out within two weeks. I was then contacted by a recruiter to assess my interest in a similar position in another location for which I had no interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to get much accomplished on little to no budget.   Answer Question