H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.2

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

They called me and told about the interview location.In the interview they mailnly look whether you can handle customers in a better way. The interviewer was friendly. I was comfortable during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• What brings you here in?   1 Answer
    • Give a situation in which you handled a difficult customer?( I was experienced)   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

I had my 1st interview with a manager didn't get hired because my schedule was different of what she needed. My 2nd interview was great I was pretty much hired as soon as I walk through the door. Unfortunately I couldn't sign the employment contract for personal reasons

Interview Questions

• What are your available hours?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

The Interview process was very professional, I met with the Regional Director as well as with 2 other District managers. 2 separate panel interviews. Each with 1 District manager and the Regional Director. It was very interactive and I was given plenty of opportunities to ask questions delve into the company & position.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Arlington, TX).

Interview

it was awhile back, i cannot really describe how it went. I had completed the Basic Income Tax Course given by H & R Block, Had to pass at least 80% of final test, to get offered a position with them, they didnt promise a position for everyone, my experience was that my teacher referred me to Block which was very helpful, i actually ended up working in her very office!

Interview Questions

• they wanted to know how serious you are about doing taxes for their clients and why you chose wanting to do taxes.   Answer Question

CSP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2016.

Interview

we applied online and then t he human resources lady called us and told us which n forms to fill out. she was very helpful.we went to a group intervirw and everyone mwt together.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was easy and little was negotiated

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2016.

Interview

Applied took about a week to hear back the position had been posted about 20 day when I had a phone interview by and extended marketing coordinator. 2nd was video interivew with a regional marketing manager and 3rd interview was face to face with 2 District Office Managers.

Interview Questions

• what would you do to motivate older tax preparers that feel they don't need to do any marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for more but because this is mid year for this position and 2nd hire they already had a set budget.

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Woodland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Passed the mandatory classes and was hired Had to take the mandated classes that are required from the IRS and CA Franchise Tax Board a total of at least 62 hours plus 15+ hours yearly as a refresher and tax updates in order to be able to be hired on a seasonal basis including obtaining the CTEC and PTIN renewal fees. Overall okay

Interview Questions

• Willing to work full time during peak time   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (Denver, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

My neighbor called to see if I was willing to work at H&R Block as a receptionist for the tax season. An appointment was scheduled to have an interview with the office manager.

Interview Questions

• Could I multi task?
      Would I be willing to work certain hours.
      I can not recall any more questions.
      Answer Question

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, you can also apply in store. I had a phone interview within a week. I then went into the district office for a one on one interview. I received a phone call within a week and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were mostly geared towards how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy. I went in for an interview and got offered the job the same day. After that the rest of the process was online and after that was completed you go trough your training.