H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.2

CSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, I was sent an invitation for an interview. I scheduled a date and locations. At the interview there was a phone test, a presentations, than a group panel interview, I heard back in a few weeks via email.

Interview Questions

• How did you use a computer to solve a problem   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Rec'd call from HR dept that I would be interviewing with Regional manager. Was asked typical HR questions at first nothing creative or challenging, expected more. But superficial was the tone, nothing that would have given them insight into my ability as a leader. Was told I could ask questions. When I started asking specific questions relating to the goals of district, my targets, and company overall goals, I got blank stares and lots of "corporate koolaid rhetoric". I only had 6 minutes to ask my questions then was told my time was up, they had other candidates waiting. Guess you shouldn't challenge answers or ask too much.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to accomplish a goal with little or no funds?   1 Answer

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

My interview went very well. Interview lasted maybe 15-20 minutes. Interview questions were easy. Customer service and receptionist experience will be a help. The were general interview questions. I was interviewed by the store manager.

CSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

The process is a bit lengthy. Lots to do on the computer inorder to get hired. Once you get through that part it is quite easy. The interviewers were always very amicable and I was able to get all the information I requested about the company as well as pay rate information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very easy if you are going through the class at the same time. The district manager basically sets up interviews that coincide with the office your taking your class.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you have had to overcome in your life?   Answer Question

RECIEPTIONIST Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very Profesional! Extremely nice staff! The lady was even going to put me at a location closer to my house. But, I just could'nt except the job because I wanted something full time and all they were hiring for was seasonal.

FIRST YEAR TAX PROFESSIONAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Cleveland, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position while still attending the Income Tax Course. This may have helped to speed things up a bit. I applied about 10 days ago, got an email inviting me for interview and I could choose location and time. In the first part of interview the hiring managers told us a lot about the company (I was there with 4 other applicants) and in their own words to put us at ease. The second part was one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.   1 Answer
    • What is the biggest achievement in your life?   Answer Question

Entry Level Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online while taking tax course. The District Manager came to the class and interviewed those who applied. The class was not given prior notice. The interview process was fairly simple and relaxed

Interview Questions

• Why would you be an asset to our organization if I hired you   Answer Question

Expat Tax Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was on the phone. It was a very informative and he asked very few questions. It was more for the prospective employee to understand the position than for the employer to get to know you. I got a second interview with around 5 questions asked about me. I asked more questions about the position than I was asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about something you're proud of on your resume   Answer Question

Entry Level Tax Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with one of the area managers after I completed the midterm . The interview was held at one of the offices and took about 15-20 minutes. The manager is very nice and helpful . He explained what we need to do after we completed the ITC and he talked about which offices we would be working at .

Interview Questions

• why do you want to do tax?   1 Answer
    • What is your plan after tax season ?   1 Answer