H&R Block Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.2

CSP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2016.

Interview

we applied online and then t he human resources lady called us and told us which n forms to fill out. she was very helpful.we went to a group intervirw and everyone mwt together.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was easy and little was negotiated

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2016.

Interview

Applied took about a week to hear back the position had been posted about 20 day when I had a phone interview by and extended marketing coordinator. 2nd was video interivew with a regional marketing manager and 3rd interview was face to face with 2 District Office Managers.

Interview Questions

• what would you do to motivate older tax preparers that feel they don't need to do any marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for more but because this is mid year for this position and 2nd hire they already had a set budget.

First Year Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Woodland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Passed the mandatory classes and was hired Had to take the mandated classes that are required from the IRS and CA Franchise Tax Board a total of at least 62 hours plus 15+ hours yearly as a refresher and tax updates in order to be able to be hired on a seasonal basis including obtaining the CTEC and PTIN renewal fees. Overall okay

Interview Questions

• Willing to work full time during peak time   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (Denver, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

My neighbor called to see if I was willing to work at H&R Block as a receptionist for the tax season. An appointment was scheduled to have an interview with the office manager.

Interview Questions

• Could I multi task?
      Would I be willing to work certain hours.
      I can not recall any more questions.   Answer Question

CSP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&R Block in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, you can also apply in store. I had a phone interview within a week. I then went into the district office for a one on one interview. I received a phone call within a week and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were mostly geared towards how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Tempe, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

In person short interview with OM, not very intimidating welcoming environment. I was called in the next few days and offered the job after the interview. Very quick hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are the hours you can work?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (El Cajon, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Helpfull, nicely,respectfull,very welcoming, good attitudes, nice people, basic questions and for hiring it was dress code, customer service skills, explaining work procedures and also what the clients that come in really need.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at hr block   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy. I went in for an interview and got offered the job the same day. After that the rest of the process was online and after that was completed you go trough your training.

Client Services Professional and Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

There was an interview over the phone with the regional manager, once you pass that you interview with 2 managers in person. After you are referred back to the regional manager or let go. This process is very slow though, you are told you will be called within a 24 hour period but I didn't get a call till a week later.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your last job to increase revenue or make processes quicker ?   Answer Question
    • Explain what you did in your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Palm Springs, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week and a half I received a email telling me I was offered an interview. The email also has a sign-up sheet for the times of each interviews once you pick one you wait until the day. On the day I was interviewed in a group by three managers after taking a very basic skills test. After the interview I was notified a week in a half that I got the job. the question I was asked were the ones others posted.