H&R Block Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.6

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

H&R Block's hiring process is extremely slow so when I finally got a call to schedule an interview, parking was provided in their garage and interviews were on the 11th floor. I interviewed with the hiring manager and an associate manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was excellent and knowledgeable. Interview with manager was candid yet relaxed. Best I've experienced in years. Management presented a very hands-off approach: "I trust my employees know their job. If you've been hired, I trust you know how to do it and will seek out help or assistance as needed." Also "our support is from 7AM - 6PM. As long as you come in between 7AM and 9AM and work your hours, I don't care when exactly that is".

Interview Questions

• While not required, would you be interested in overtime and/or occasional weekend work?   1 Answer

Product Technical Support Specialist - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I found job on career builder, applied got a phone interview, then scheduled a interview onsite gave instructions in email location. Very impressed with area across from Power & Light eating places parked in gated garage underneath wasnt sure where entrance was from garage so parked right near gate walked about one level up very nice building, very new looking met with security waited for interviewer, very good interview

Interview Questions

• Experience with computers in regards to pages not loading how would I help the customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a time I handle an irate customer how did i handle it?   Answer Question

Expat Tax Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was on the phone. It was a very informative and he asked very few questions. It was more for the prospective employee to understand the position than for the employer to get to know you. I got a second interview with around 5 questions asked about me. I asked more questions about the position than I was asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about something you're proud of on your resume   Answer Question

CSP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

Went to one of the Kansas City, Ks office. There were couple of people doing the interviews, both were office managers. I went in, the office manager lead me back to one of the cubicles, and started the interview questions. He was very nice, very professional. The whole interview process lasted a good 10-15 mins.

Got offered the job after interview. It was a seasonal job.

Interview Questions

• Simple easy questions, like "do you have any customer service experience" "What would you do if an angry customer was complaining, and the phones were ringing?"   Answer Question

Client Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, KS) in November 2015.

Interview

I was very comfortable with the interviewer.He gave me a paper which showed the job description and asked me to read it. With out even waiting for me to read he asked what brings you here in.I went through the paper in a few seconds and answered the question.Then he asked me about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had a difficult customer ?How u handled it?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. I applied online. My interview was very quick and easy. I was nervous and Ed put all my worries and stress of the interview at ease. There was only one quick 15 minute interview. I was hiring pretty much on the spot. He basically asked me what hours I would like to have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate at first one weekend day a week and then eventually weekends off.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, asked about myself and described the position. Went over my resume to discuss my background and fit for the position. Followed by an opportunity to ask questions about the positions as well as answer specific questions about myself and ability to perform position duties

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives you would use to describe yourself   1 Answer

Forms Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter for Block and afterwards they invited to interview in person. Did proofreading test- was given an hour, was told that manager was sick, so another manager interviewed me. She was laid back and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• The usual, why do you want to work here, what is your experience...   Answer Question

TTS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

They called me after seeing my resume on a career site. Called to do a brief screening, which I did an over the phone then agreed to do the face to face interview. I met who the team lead and another lead. They took turn asking me questions and didn't make me feel intimidated or nervous. One hour later, I received the call I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you had to go up and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question