H&R Block Office Manager III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Office Manager III Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

In person interview, various situational scenarios presented, the remainder of the situational questions were response based. Previous employment discussed, work availability and interests discussed. Interest in the company and tax prep business also ascertained

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online few weeks later I was invited for interview. Background questions, professional experiences and knowledge, communication approaches. The process was welcoming and impressive, and it was conducted by the district general manager.
     The interview process was about 30 minutes, and I received an offer letter three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience leading teams?
      Tell me about a challenging employee review you completed and delivered.
      Answer Question

Office Manager III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

You must complete all applications online. If HR deems you suitable you will be asked to sign a release so they can do a background check. If you pass your background you move onto the interview stage, this interview is with the District Manager and the questions are Situational based. "What would you do in this situation?" Very easy and simple process, if chosen you are notified by phone and told to watch your emails because you will be receiving two instructional emails to complete all hiring paperwork.

Interview Questions

• In the even t a client in being disruptive and confrontational in the office what is your plan of action.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation, they are pretty set on salary based on the size and revenue generation the office/area you will be managing generates. Pay is performance based and can be quite generous is you put in the work.

Anonymous Employee in Brook Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Brook Park, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

District Manager + His favorite Office Manager in his small little office. But it was very friendly and low stress. We were laughing and having a good time. Focuses on the STAR interview method. They do not usually offer a position on the spot, but in my case I did receive one.

Interview Questions

• Using the STAR method, explain how you handled various tasks.   Answer Question

Office Manager III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

After completing the income tax course, you apply online thru hrblock.com, take the assessment and if you qualify, some from HR in Kansas will call you to set up an interview appointment. You will meet with the district manager and possibly two other managers from the area

Interview Questions

• Questions are common and related to customer service, team work and leadership skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation for this position. Wage was based on position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Billings, MT) in October 2012.

Interview

Employment is based on your ability to pass the Basic Tax Course with a score of 80% or higher. A job offer is extended to everyone in the class during the first week and is only guaranteed if you pass the course.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

This will be my 3rd year with the Block. Last season I managed 2 offices and was not compensated for it. This year I was again asked to manage to offices but management did not want to reward me for the double duty. And I refuse to work that hard, take additional time away from my family, for nothing.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (El Paso, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Former employer so it was easy, just basically asked if I wanted to stay in the same office

Interview Questions

• What were your major responsibilities/duties in your last role?   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure the work product being delivered is within “scope” or is what was requested?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you involve other team members in the final decision making process. What do you do to make them feel their input adds value? Give me a specific example.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. Know that it is a seasonal position