H&R Block Office Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in July 2015.

Interview

Behavioral decision making is the format used for interviews. The DGM asked questions about my previous experiences. The objective was to determine how I would handle possible situations that could possibly occur in a real life setting.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you have had to correct a difficult employee.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

must attend school then pass with a score of 80 or better,then go for an interview, Go to the main office to have a interview with the District Manger which is just a check to see how you are dressed and how you present yourself

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 3 days to get a call back for an interview. Process was very easy, district manager very friendly and available for questions during and after interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational questions were asked such as describe a time when an employee was wrong and you had to correct them. Also asked how would you tell bad news to an employee. Very easy behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I took what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Foothill Ranch, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

3 Seniors Managers interviewed me at a time. They followed and script with several questions related to management, work experience, conflict resolution, etc. That was a crossover meeting asking back and fort about critical situations to sort in real time. A lot of questions related to previous leadership roles and outcomes.

Interview Questions

• How to handle in office a critical situation in the daily basis.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (North Charleston, SC) in November 2013.

Interview

Hire based on needs due to low staffing, company has a high turnover of staff and people selected only work part-time/seasonal. No other benefits other than a possible bonus if you work extremely hard or contribute to factors that can be questionable by others.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only negotiation is ther ate of pay. If you are good and they need personnel, you canmake a good wager, otherwise accept what they give you, work seasonal and look for other employment.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Panel of DM, DOC, and Office Leaders

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

I was informed as to what was needed for the position and hired. The 2nd year I had to prove what I was going to do to increase new client growth

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Houston, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

You have to take there tax course or pass a test to be eligible to work.

There will be a group meeting to explain what your getting into and expectations. Then a 1:1 or 2:1 separate interview.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at H&R Block (Sarasota, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Two person to person, plus several phone interviews. Very through, very professional. H&R Block's District Manager did all my interviews, not HR. She was very knowledgible and convincing that H&R Block was agreat company to work for.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, or questions to difficult answer correctly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very friendly, and I got a higher income from the negotiations.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block in September 2009.

Interview

Interview with District Manager. Was asked about background. Was asked some basic questions like: tell me about a time when you had an unhappy client/customer. What was the problem, how did you deal with it and what was the outcome. Had to do for both a good outcome and a bad outcome. Another question, tell me about an employee that was not doing their job correctly. What steps did you use to get them to do their work correctly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an unhappy client/customer. What led to them being unhappy, what did you do to fix the problem and what was the final outcome? Asked for answers for both happy and unhappy outcomes.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a subordinate was not doing their job correctly. what were they doing wrong, how did you approach them about this and how did you talk to them about the problem. What was the final outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. You do not know what they are offering you until some time after the interview when they email you an employment offer letter.