H&R Block Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H&R Block Support Specialist Interview Questions

1.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was excellent and knowledgeable. Interview with manager was candid yet relaxed. Best I've experienced in years. Management presented a very hands-off approach: "I trust my employees know their job. If you've been hired, I trust you know how to do it and will seek out help or assistance as needed." Also "our support is from 7AM - 6PM. As long as you come in between 7AM and 9AM and work your hours, I don't care when exactly that is".

Interview Questions

• While not required, would you be interested in overtime and/or occasional weekend work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Troy, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Easy phone interview, take a test online, meet the manger got the job 6 hours after interviewed. Go through 2 weeks of training and off you go sink or swim. Management was bit disorganized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None set pay rate

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block (Danbury, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job via an online link. A month later I was contacted by the service center to come in for an interview with the district manager, which took place close to a month after that. I was interviewed in person at the office where I would eventually be working, within earshot of the tax professionals in the office, and I was hired on the spot. I was asked to attend a 4 day training session, and then a final "dress rehearsal" event, which was also my first day on the job in a different office. Please note that the training pay is slightly lower than the regular salary. My perception is that they seek service oriented people to fill their positions, and ones they believe have the personality to be able to deal with all kinds of people and who could be counted upon to uphold the integrity of the H&R Block name. Most of the employees are seasoned/mature.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation is available. An employee has the ability to determine his/her available hours. The office manager then schedules according to his/her stated availability.