H&R Block Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.1

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I didn't actually interview. I took the Tax Prep Course and my instructor demanded that my district manager hire me. He spoke with me briefly over the phone and that was it. They added me to the roster and set up my employment contract.

Interview Questions

• How can you interact with customers to build a relationship of trust.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block in October 2014.

Interview

Signed up for the income tax course. If you make it through the course by staying on top of the readings and assignments and do well; you should get an interview offer.

Interview Questions

• Very informal interview. Met with the office manager and talked about why I wanted to work for Block..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Three month course or Hundred question exam with 80% passing rate. Then you apply for the job. interview after Three weeks. Ten minutes interview . and then 1 month of professional training. In professional training you learn more about managerial and office operation roles.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

H&R Block requires that you attend a training course without guarantee of hire. This course lasted for two months. It consisted of an introduction to the basics of preparing personal income taxes. Employees were chosen based off of testing results.

Negotiation

I was offered the position and informed of what my starting commission would be. I was paid an hourly wage throughout the tax season and this was subtracted from the total bonus I earned for the tax season. I received part of my bonus at the end of March and the second bonus about a week and a half after tax season ended.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Houston, TX).

Interview

An interview with the District Manager whom asked about your work history, education, and background. Then a skills, and personality test was performed.

Negotiation

Easy process

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

You have to take a class for 3 months, totaling up to like 100 hours I think. The class costs at least $100. If you pass the test at the end of the class, then you go to the interview. So it's possible that you may not get hired after the money and time spent even if you passed the test. But 9/10 you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the interview being difficult because you already took the test and passed. It was more like they were telling you what was expected of you since you already proved that you knew the basics of tax preparation.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Took course and passed it then interviewed with franchise owner easy process

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going in company in the future   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Miami, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

It was very accurate and comprehensive. It took 45 minutes. The interviewer was very skillful and mean.

Interview Questions

• The question regarding the team group handling experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Apopka, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

I got the job after taking a tax course in H&R Block. They often recruit the new associate every year just after the class finished. You have to take the class, pass the exam with over 80%, then apply for the tax associate position.

Interview Questions

• The interview is just formally to follow the recruitment procedure. Very simple, very straightforward about my working schedule   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ahwatukee, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Ahwatukee, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

I completed the course, so I felt prepared to complete the interview, but as long as the course was completed, they just wanted to know hours available and location desired.

Interview Questions

• It was not very technical, it was mostly hours available. I wanted to make sure I was in a friendly office -- not competitive.. so I think I had asked around about the locations and requested one that had good comments.   Answer Question