H&R Block Tax Preparer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.2

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at H&R Block (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

very pleasant, explained well. the interview was for taking their tax preparation course. more of an application than interview, discussed start date and the cost for the course. gave good information on procedure

Interview Questions

• did I have a computer available at home   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Tax Preparer Interview

Interview

In order to get hired you have to take their class they offer. You will not get the interview until you past their test for that class. The interview is real basic questions and easy.

Anonymous Employee in High Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H&R Block (High Springs, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

1 hour interview with office manager. Direct questions pertaining to work history and job related skills. Interviewer git straight to the interview. The interviewer did not make me feel at any point that i was not qualified for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Ocala, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Super easy. If you pass the basic class with a high enough score it is assumed you will be applying and get hired. There was not a typical interview. There were no questions as to your skill; they already had the results of your tests and resume.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

I had my 1st interview with a manager didn't get hired because my schedule was different of what she needed. My 2nd interview was great I was pretty much hired as soon as I walk through the door. Unfortunately I couldn't sign the employment contract for personal reasons

Interview Questions

• What are your available hours?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief and unintimidating, the manager was very friendly and he was very pleasant. I came in and he met with me and after speaking with me for a short while, made me an offer to work with the company.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience I had in tax preparation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I informed him I would not like to earn less than 15 an hour and he said that was reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at H&R Block (Cumming, GA).

Interview

There's no specific interview process. Once you are done with the income tax course, they offer on the basis of your performance.
    There is an advanced course training before we actually get on the IT returns.

Interview Questions

• Interview is skipped if you perform well during the course.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I took a class that was offer by H&R Block. After the midterm, the instructor send out information about the interview date as well as the location. You will have to apply online first and choose a location that you wish to work at. Then you will have to call in when get a slot for your interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about customer service, some scenarios. and some technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very easy, relaxed. I applied online and took an online assessment. I met with the District Manager one-on-one. It was very straight forward and I was offered a position that day. Unfortunately, the location I applied for was full. However, I was offered 2 other locations. Usually they require people take there basic prep class. But, since I passed their online assessment (before my interview), and had a MBA, I was not required to take the class.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Interview was 30 minutes long. It was a walk-in. Basic interview with education, experience, and skill-related questions. Some situational questions as well. Didn't get an offer because I didn't have the necessary experience despite passing the H&R Block Tax Course.