H&R Block Tax Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

1.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Interview is quite basic and has to tale place every year priot to tax season even if your have already wored for the company for 20 years. Asking your experience in the beginning, which office you prefer to work at, and what kind of hours your willing to work. District manager then usually explains the compensation plan for the year, since it usually chanel each and every year.

Interview Questions

• What office do you want to work at?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for H&R Block

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H&R Block (Quincy, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

as a group the district manager reviewed basic information concerning goals as well as upcoming business changes, each person who had be working in a previous year were included for rehire for tax season

Interview Questions

• what can we do to make the tax season a success   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at H&R Block (Redmond, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

There was a rather brief interview with the district manager. Most of the screening was done by placement test. If one hasn't taken the H&R Block tax preparation course, a proficiency test is required for placement.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle telling a client who has expected a refund that they would, in fact, have to pay additional tax this year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was great. Walked in and had a big smile on my face. Interviewed with one person who asked 5 questions. The questions basically consisted of why you want to be a tax pro, situations where you helped a client and retained them, dealt with a difficult client and the outcome was good, a personal accomplishment, and sales experience as well as marketing experience.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

interview with district manager, he reviewed my resume and had a lot of questions about my career, experience, and interest in the company. He then explained job responsibilities and expectations.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this company   1 Answer

Tax Professional Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

The hiring process took about 3 weeks and the interview was held at their regional office with one of their senior managers. The interview was brief and contained mostly behavioral questions along with a few past experiences of situation based encounters with clients or people in general. A few weeks after the interview I received the official job offer through their online web portal.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were faced with a conflict with another person and how did you resolve the conflict.   Answer Question

Tax Professional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H&R Block.

Interview

Initial hires must either take the Basic Course and pass with minimum 80% score or have three attempts to pass the Tax Knowledge Assessment exam. Returning employees must reapply every fall, will have an interview with the District Manager covering the previous year's performance and coming season's expectations.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Tax Professional Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly short. They just wanted to know my work history and asked various questions about my past experience. They also explained the expectations of the job.

Negotiation

There isn't any. The salary is the same for everyone. The only potential to earn more is based on number of tax returns completed and years of service.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at H&R Block (Knoxville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a behavioral type interview and the interviewer was very thorough and personable. I answered the questions honestly. I also impressed here with some of my experiences like handling an emotional client, even-though the manager was getting upset I remained calm and was able to help him finish his return satisfactory.

Interview Questions

• It was the question about marketing. I was not expecting a marketing question at a tax preparer interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

She was very helpful and got me in contact with an office closer to my house. The pay rate may be lower, but I will have less commute time and less fuel expense.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H&R Block (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I had to complete a 2 month tax course with a satisfactory score of 70%. The interview was in group form which was my first experience at that. They just asked basic questions such as why I wanted the job and to tell about an experience of how you handled a disgruntled customer.