H2M Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at H2M

2.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H2M (Huntington, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Had both interview with HR rep and head of MEP department. Both created a relaxed environment for talking about resume and experience. Best interview I have had so far and would recommend trying to apply here to anyone.

Interview Questions

• What were the strengths and difficulties of your most recent project   Answer Question

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H2M (Melville, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview was straightforward. Met with HR Department, Assistant Controller, and Controller. Discussed background, position, day to day operations, benefits, and why I would like to join the company. Took about 3 1/2 hours

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at H2M (Melville, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

They began with a phone interview following up on a person to person interview at a college career fair. Questions were fairly standard, limited to goals, aspirations and ideal work climate. Interviews were conducted 1:1 with potential heads of departments. Questioning was more detailed, looking at work and internship experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at H2M (Melville, NY).

Interview

The questions I was asked were very fair and straight forward, and the interview was more of a conversation than a test. If you've made it as far as an in-person interview, they likely just want to get to know you and hear you talk about your experience.
    What to expect:
    you'll have a brief interview with the HR person you've been in contact with (mostly questions about your resume what you know about H2M)
    Then a second interview with the supervisor/manager that's hiring.
    Definitely follow up with thank you emails and be patient to hear back - In my case, it was a couple of weeks before I was given my offer, but that time can vary depending on how soon they're looking to fill the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H2M (Melville, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview by HR assistant with standard questions. Then interviewed by project managers. Explained things on your resume. Interviewers explained they company's benefits, and the works they do, and position responsibilities etc...

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H2M (Melville, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial person to person interview with HR. Second interview with my would be boss. Everything was low stress. They put you at ease so they can see who you really are. It was okay to admit weaknesses in certain areas so long as an effort to improve and learn was seen.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with soil or groundwater remediation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a phone call from an HR representative months later for a position I didn't interview for. I took the position and didn't negotiate because the offer was fair.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H2M (Farmingdale, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process. The building was nice and they gave a full tour of the office when we finished interviewing. The only part I did not appreciate was how long it took to receive word back.

Project Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H2M (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2018.

Interview

I first applied in August. Got an email a week later that they hired someone for the position. I get a call from HR a month later asking if I am still interested in the position. I say yes and she says she will call back if they want me to come in and interview. She calls me back the next day. I do the interview (~40 minutes) and it goes pretty well. I receive an email the next day saying that H2M is "very interested in my candidacy" and send me an assignment to complete and send back in the next week. The assignment is to write up a mock site investigation report and identify potential AOCs on a diagram that they provided. I do the assignment beautifully and go above and beyond. I get an email that says they were "very pleased with my responses and are very interested in me". HR states that they will get back to me in a few days with an update. Every time the day comes for an update, I receive an email around 5:30 pm that states they will "get back to me" in a few days. This happened four (4) times until a MONTH later, I finally receive an email that the "position was placed on hold" due to "various reasons" (which they didn't tell me). I go on Indeed a few days later and it shows that H2M has re-posted the same position that was apparently "placed on hold" just days before I received that last email. Not only was my time wasted in driving up for the interview, but it was wasted in spending hours on that assignment and waiting for every "update" for the next month. I was also not provided with the reasons they decided to "place it on hold", even though I asked. I believe that H2M could be a great place to work, but I really don't know what was going on in their office during this time.

Interview Questions

• No general interview questions like "How do you define success?"   1 Answer

H2M Response

Dec 4, 2018 – Human Resource Generalist

Dear Candidate,
    Thank you for your honest review of our hiring process in relation to your candidacy. It is our hope to give each candidate a great experience but it does not appear we achieved... More

Water Resource Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at H2M (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

3 interviews back to back with a manager, HR rep and a PE. Asked questions about experience and resume while also talking about the job responsibilities. Very friendly and had a lot to talk about. Then there was a lunch to meet with the VP and others that worked there to ask questions

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H2M (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The on boarding experience with H2M is good; everything else is hit or miss! I found that the questions that were asked were spot on, the answers or guarantees that were provided to me where never really seen through to fruition.

Interview Questions

• OK questions related to experience   1 Answer